Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    I just realised that I actually flinch when the new loading screen comes up. I try to open other windows while it loads to avoid the blue screen of death.
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    Jenaycm09Jenaycm09 Posts: 52 Member
    I refuse the update actually. I've been playing in offline mode...

Let them fix their mistake first...
  • Options
    AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Even though the white loading screen was just fine, I can see why the designers wanted to modernize the look and feel a bit. The white intro had kind of a tired, Windows Aero/Vista look about it (IMO).

My issue is with character diversity in the artwork. Just looking at the four characters at the top of this page as an example, I'm going out on a limb and presuming the character with the camera is supposed to be a male. If that's the case, then the artists may want to get outside the studio a bit more. On the planet where I live, males generally do not wear jeweled bracelets and scarves around their necks. If all four of these characters are supposed to be women, then that is hardly the picture of broad diversity I have come to expect from this game.

Looking at the larger official artwork, the same comment applies: Approximately one character out of nine appears to lean more heavily toward male characteristics. What happened to the overweight guy with the baseball cap? The skinny nerd with the goatee beard? The granny, the pompous middle-age guy in the business suit? Bob Pancakes? Is this what the Sims 4 ethos has morphed into? Millenial women are great, don't get me wrong. But most of those nine characters could be the same person with a different wig and clothes.

Blue or white wallpaper, who cares. We are seeing a more important glimpse inside the mindset of marketing and art departments at The Sims 4, and I'm not understanding its evolution. At all.

8IomapKl.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pink would be better, do you think :p

77wdy61r81il.jpeg

Jesus.....

giphy.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I'm glad to read they're reviewing the colors used on the new screens because they're too bright. Some screens, like the one posted earlier in this thread showing the new Sims, had too many bright colors warring with each other.

When I was playing last night, the change from the game to the bright loading screens was jarring, to say the least. It will be interesting to see what they come up with next. I hope that they, at least, opt to use more muted colors.

I'm also not sure why they decided to move the option to start a new game or load a game from the left to the right. I'll get used to it, but it's was just odd to me.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    on the plus side, simguruFrost said that in August they are patching in a new Darker blue for the loading screen! My major issue with the rebrand-update has been/will be addressed (in the august patch, I wont be able to play my game for a month tho :,<). Hope for the august patch they tone down some of the colors on the Main menu as well for those that need it for health/colorblindness reasons. I can barely tell the color difference between EP and GP... Kind of wish they had gone with EP being a totally different color like purple or something. My eyes aren't really drawn anywhere on the page, I don't really know where to look honestly on the main menu. I feel like they could have done way better.
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member

Congratulations, you gave me a headache. Please delete that offense to the colour spectrum...
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ironically this 'new' design looks so outdated. Looks like graphics from a game made in 2001 not 2019. It's so basic and boring. Also, I don't see why EPs couldn't keep their signature colors...

I personally don't think it looks like something that'd even be used for a game as it looks far too corporate and bland, but what do I know about design?

Something I know plenty about is being confused, and packs sharing colors is CONFUSING when searching BB for things. Is that concern negligible considering you can filter content by packs? Yes, yes it is, but I want to be able to differentiate things at a glance, confound you! I haven't supported this game for nearly two decades to have you people making things harder on me!

*deep breaths*

Excuse me, I seem to be in a ranting mood, must be all the caffeine. I still hate this redesign though.

77wdy61r81il.jpeg

Oh plum, it's hideous, I love it 😍 Nice touch with the sims being green, lol
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Typical EA. Break what isn't broken, and don't fix what is broken. The screenshots everyone has posted of the new screens give me the jitters, so I can imagine what those colors will actually look like when up on my monitor and I am looking at them while waiting for a lot to load. I am soooo happy I didn't install this update. And why does it matter what we look at while playing the game on our personal devices? I understand the need to rebrand a product, but it isn't as if this new artwork will be displayed on store shelves and needs to capture a customer's interest with those bright colors. Besides that, the glaring difference between the Sims on the new packs looking nothing like the ones in the game, well, that's just disappointment waiting to happen. At least the previous Sims in the artwork were closer to how they actually appear in the game, and were available to play. Now these Sims will be uploaded to the gallery for Simmers to download. That seems a bit lazy to me. Sure, all of these changes came in an update, but there must have been a better way to go about it than this.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member

Well, it doesn't make my eyes go twitchy and crosseyed, although the screenshots of the new UI didn't either. It was only when I experienced it in person that I realized how it affected me. Aesthetically, its as much of an abomination
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Meghanz8998Meghanz8998 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2019
    You know you would think that the previous white background would be more painful to look at, what with it being brighter than blue.

I mean I agree the new makeover is awful but saying that blue - a darker colour than white - is physically painful to look at then hammering the Devs with this is unnecessary.

[Edited by EA_Mai: comment removed]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2019
    You know you would think that the previous white background would be more painful to look at, what with it being brighter than blue.

I mean I agree the new makeover is awful but saying that blue - a darker colour than white - is physically painful to look at then hammering the Devs with this is unnecessary.

The white loading screen had grey plumbobs to break it up, that's why it wasn't so bad. The blue has nothing to break it up so, as someone who is sensitive to bright lights and colours, it's a bit of shock to the senses and has given me a headache.

My gut reaction was "Too much, look away", that's not a good thing for any form of visual media, more so for something declared a rebrand.

Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I haven’t been able to update my game yet as I haven’t had internet on my computer. been using my phone. however, looking st the images, I don’t get whyyyy they changed the screens. white looked so much better & way easier on the eyes.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    oh wow, my eyes.. after looking at that pink screen! darker purple colour would be better than bright pink for sure.
    Bright Red/bright yellow and black are also a bad choice as your eyes focus for a bit and then take your view off the screen you end up with an aura in your eyeline that wonders around a bit.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Meghanz8998 I don't need to get migraines to be allowed to say that this bright blue color pains my eyes. I don't get them and it does pain my eyes. Terribly. I have an allergry 365 days in a year and our apartment is extremely dark. And guess what. This blue colored loading screen is way worse then the previous one. I didn't have any problems with the white loading screen. I could play The Sims at night, in the morning... Basically anytime. I used to play everyday. Until the recent patch. I only started my game to check it out. And I can't play it. I was blinded by that "experience". No, thanks. I am going to wait til the next patch.

Obviously I wasn't really blinded like I could see nothing. I just couldn't see properly and it is not really nice. It actually is very annoying. I am just saying this since I noticed some people take things too literally in this thread.

And when I wrote 1950' I meant it looked pretty oldschooled. Windows 98 are old. Oldschooled. Wow.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited July 2019

The white loading screen had grey plumbobs to break it up, that's why it wasn't so bad. The blue has nothing to break it up so, as someone who is sensitive to bright lights and colours, it's a bit of shock to the senses and has given me a headache.

My gut reaction was "Too much, look away", that's not a good thing for any form of visual media, more so for something declared a rebrand.

EXACTLY! The loading screens were originally flat white and they had to add the light bluish greyish plumbob pattern precisely because people were affected by the flat white
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So.. . Turns out EAs new branding is all that color blue... coincidentally.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2019
    Aesthetically, its as much of an abomination

I knew a lot of people would like my joke :D

• Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    77wdy61r81il.jpeg

Jesus.....

giphy.gif

*Snerks* That's exactly the reaction I had.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Not to be a hater but really.... the new loading screen looks just plain unfinished. It looks like an error blue screen of death even if the blue is going to be darker..... I really like the texture of the old white and grey design. Ugh now I really don't want to play TS4 sorry... :/
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Jenaycm09 wrote: »
    I refuse the update actually. I've been playing in offline mode...

Let them fix their mistake first...

Same. I will use the mod to revert every change they made incl. icons!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    AndyDaniel wrote: »
    Even though the white loading screen was just fine, I can see why the designers wanted to modernize the look and feel a bit. The white intro had kind of a tired, Windows Aero/Vista look about it (IMO).

My issue is with character diversity in the artwork. Just looking at the four characters at the top of this page as an example, I'm going out on a limb and presuming the character with the camera is supposed to be a male. If that's the case, then the artists may want to get outside the studio a bit more. On the planet where I live, males generally do not wear jeweled bracelets and scarves around their necks. If all four of these characters are supposed to be women, then that is hardly the picture of broad diversity I have come to expect from this game.

Looking at the larger official artwork, the same comment applies: Approximately one character out of nine appears to lean more heavily toward male characteristics. What happened to the overweight guy with the baseball cap? The skinny nerd with the goatee beard? The granny, the pompous middle-age guy in the business suit? Bob Pancakes? Is this what the Sims 4 ethos has morphed into? Millenial women are great, don't get me wrong. But most of those nine characters could be the same person with a different wig and clothes.

Blue or white wallpaper, who cares. We are seeing a more important glimpse inside the mindset of marketing and art departments at The Sims 4, and I'm not understanding its evolution. At all.

???????

There are 2 men in the logo. And there is nothing wrong with one of the men wearing a bracelet. I know plenty of guys who wear bracelets. Guys can wear jewelry or makeup or whatever they want.

There are 4 characters who seem to be women of color, and one character who appears to be a woman who might prefer masculine clothing. I really don’t want to assume much more without seeing any of these characters backstories, but to me it looks pretty diverse.

Plus, it’s not like we lost Bob Pancakes. He’s still in the game, just not on the main screen.

Annnyways, I’m glad the game is changing the light blue design to a darker one. I’m not 100% in love with the redesign, but at least they’re fixing the biggest complaint.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I don't get migraines but I got a sharp pain behind my eyes. I only had the load screens from starting the game and playing it. I never left the lot after starting the game but I did go into build and play modes a lot. The pain stayed the entire time I was playing the game.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I love the colors. Blue is my favorite color.
    I haven't gone into my game since the patch because something that was said during a video i was watching. They said we get 1200 new objects! 1200 new objects your sims are going to walk through like they aren't even there! That is so annoying to me. I want a cheat to make them solid. I don't want to lose a sim inside a huge rock for no telling how long.