Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite main menu iteration?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    1 (September 2014 - February 2015)
    Simple and clean look. That is what a white background does. I noticed as time went on they have looked cluttered. The current iteration of menu appears ultra-cluttered.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Um...they all look off to me, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I really, really like the clean simplicity of the first one.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    3 (February 2017 - July 2019)
    3. Don't fix something that's not broken.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    CrownSims wrote: »

technically 3 is a fix of something that wasn't broken too. A second do over actually.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I loved the first one with all the animated clips. Added so much personality than a stale render.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    I don't mind the latest one actually. The only thing that I don't like is the dark blue front for Sims. I think they should have just used a flat sky blue.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Being able to look at all the packs is nice, which is really the only reason 3 has the edge over the first two for me.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but so far, I find the new version rather difficult to see/read. The block of bright blue at the bottom causes glare that strains my eyes (I wish there was an option to change it to something milder), the icons being color on a white background makes them blurry to me and hard to read accurately, and the bouncy llama and bunny are just, like...infinitely distracting lmao. Again, I mostly just wish there were options for color schemes and maybe to turn animation on or off (if that's already a thing, please let me know!)

I should maybe add that my eyesight isn't that great, and I also have some mild ADHD, so that might be why I'm finding this new screen so challenging. I'm sure those with 20/20 vision and zero learning disabilities are dealing with it fine lol.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The new one looks like a child did it... and it's extremely blinding... not very good for someone with epilepsy or neurological disorders (like autism).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    2 (February 2015 - February 2017)
    omg that first screen is so nostalgic, I remember turning my brightness down on my monitor the first time I booted up the game LOL

I went with 2nd because it didn't remind me of how much DLC I bought LOL. Out of sight, out of mind
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    Has anyone else noticed how all of them lasted between 1-2 years?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    3 is what I was most used to.
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    I honestly don't care as long as it's clear where to click a new or saved games to start. That is what I use this screen for.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2019
    it's the one i've known my entire time playing the game, and to me it looks the best (that's probably just bias talking though). it'll take me a while to get used to the new one
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    OMG the first menu was frugal :o
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited July 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    CrownSims wrote: »

technically 3 is a fix of something that wasn't broken too. A second do over actually.

1 and 2 needed fixing, in my opinion. They seemed very empty and it didn't even show your pack collection.

4 just felt like an unnecessary "fix" for me. I get adding the little intro video for the packs but changing the entire color scheme was just unneeded + caused more problems more than anything.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Alrynn wrote: »
    I liked 2 and 3 equally but if I had to choose - 3. Not updating my game to the new one.

Same for me. 😞
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I can’t decide from 1 or 3, honestly. The first one is rather minimal, but it’s the animations that I really like about it. The third one is not only what I’m used to, but it’s also got lots of colour and is very efficient for what it does. The new one has grown on me a lot as well; I like the amount of colour it has and how it somewhat resembles the first one.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    I like simplicity in design, and though the first was the simplest, the third was the easiest to use. The new design is bright and colorful, but there's a lot going on in a lot of different places and instead of a visual flow, my eyes just jump around. I don't need to watch videos for all the packs I don't have, and being bombarded with it isn't going to encourage me to spend more. It's going to make me avoid the main menu, rather than sitting there while I poke around the gallery.

They're trying to keep things fresh, which is good. They're trying to get people to like/accept this game instead of holding out for the mythical Sims 5, which is also good. The redesign is all in on the 80's aesthetic, which is really hot right now, but I don't think it works for the Sims. Somehow, the redesign looks cheap. The game itself tries to be pretty, what with the set-dressing backgrounds on the worlds, the maps that try to look like maps, and the effort they've put into the look of the Sims themselves. The redesign doesn't feel like Sims 4.

I also miss the EPs having different colors. The icons all felt unique, and they took away the bright and colorful from that area. If there's one good thing about the redesign, it's that all the packs I don't have are now smushed into a corner away from the play button. I'll learn to ignore the loud stuff eventually.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    I honestly don't care as long as it's clear where to click a new or saved games to start. That is what I use this screen for.

Ultimately, this is pretty much my sentiment.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Design-wise I loved 1 and 2 but I remember being totally confused about how to start a game, access saves etc. I chose 3 because it has elements of the simplistic design but is much easier to navigate.

I hate 4.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    2 (February 2015 - February 2017)
    I was annoyed when they added the packs to the main menu. It was like almost a reminder of how many packs you don't have.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I liked how it was prior to the new branding best. The new one is ok but needs a couple of tweaks and some getting used to. Not a deal-breaker.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    edited July 2019
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Currently. I hate how the pack icons occupy half the screen and how small the render is.

I've adjusted the amount of space the pack icons take. Does it look better?

ar9aSpD.jpg

How did you do that, I've not actually studied it yet?
    I like the present main menu.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    I miss the color coding of the expansion makes.