Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are script mods?

Hey everyone! I've recently downloaded cc (custom content) and almost everything is in script mods instead of custom content when I open my Sims 4 game. How do I fix that? AND! Also I downloaded some other cc and it shows but it doesn't actually show the image. Like it's completely invisible. PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Script mods are custom parts of code that inject themselves into the game to add functions to the simulation and usually are zip files that you put directly into the mod folder. As for the CC, I didn't understand if they don't show up on your sim or if it's only the thumbnails that's missing
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Script mods are mods tht add script to the game.
    You install them by dumping their zip & package files into your mod folder.
    Typical installation.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • caitlinsimmercaitlinsimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the explanation! Another question, why is most of my custom content in script mods? (sorry if you had already answered that)
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Thanks for the explanation! Another question, why is most of my custom content in script mods? (sorry if you had already answered that)

Because you're downloading mods not cc and you're getting the 2 mixed up. Cc is like cas and build mode parts while mods add something to your game. To clarify I'll give actual examples. There is no lottery feature in the base game nothing like it so a script mod for tht. For more hair and anime posters I get cc tho. So yeh.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It depends of what CC you downloaded. Check inside the zip files into your mod folder, if there are files with the .py and .pyo extentions, that's a script mod and you don't need to unzip it. If there are package files, you didn't install the mod correctly.
    Thank you this really helped!!
    thank you!!
  • BunnyLover58BunnyLover58 Posts: 1 New Member
    just wondering if anyone knows this but what is the script mod 1313580 because I was downloading a ton of cc and cant remember what I downloaded and I don't know what it is could someone plz say
  • Sims4life116Sims4life116 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok so I got eyelashes for my sims and it’s under script mod and idk what that is and now I don’t know how the eyelashes work
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Ok so I got eyelashes for my sims and it’s under script mod and idk what that is and now I don’t know how the eyelashes work

Hello
    Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file if that is how they came. The package files go into the mods folder.
    If you are unsure where to find the eyelashes in CAS, go back to the site where you downloaded them from and there will be a description of their location there.
  • joy13joy13 Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    joy13 wrote: »
    Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods

Hello
    Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
  • deadinsidedeadinside Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > joy13 wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.

Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    deadinside wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > joy13 wrote: »
    >
    > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.

Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!

Hello
    With your first issue, try removing all filters, and see if that helps.
    With your second issue, you could try bringing the package file type back to an unknown file association, then download another cc item that is a package item and it then may fix itself up.
    This link explains how to make it have an unknown association.
    https://www.quora.com/In-Windows-10-how-do-you-change-file-association-back-to-unknown-program
    > @rosemow said:
    > deadinside wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > joy13 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    >
    > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    >
    >
    >

Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    edited July 2019
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > joy13 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    >
    > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    >
    >
    >

Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?

Hello @deadinside
    If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > deadinside wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > >
    > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @deadinside
    > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.

So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > >
    > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @deadinside
    > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.

So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.

Hello
    Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > deadinside wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > > >
    > > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @deadinside
    > > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    >
    > So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.

I downloaded a new cc item and it didn't appear in the cc screen
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > > >
    > > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @deadinside
    > > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    >
    > So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.

I downloaded a new cc item and it didn't appear in the cc screen

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    I had a mods folder on the desktop, and i moved all of the cc in that folder into a different one and deleted the empty folder. Then i took out the mods folder out of Documents-Electronic Arts-The Sims 4 and placed it on the desktop. I got in the game then got out to see that i generated a new folder. Should I try to place in a cc to see if it works?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > deadinside wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hello
    > > > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > > > >
    > > > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @deadinside
    > > > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    > >
    > > So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.
    >
    > I downloaded a new cc item and it didn't appear in the cc screen
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

I had a mods folder on the desktop, and i moved all of the cc in that folder into a different one and deleted the empty folder. Then i took out the mods folder out of Documents-Electronic Arts-The Sims 4 and placed it on the desktop. I got in the game then got out to see that i generated a new folder. Should I try to place in a cc to see if it works?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hello
    > > > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > > > >
    > > > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @deadinside
    > > > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    > >
    > > So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.
    >
    > I downloaded a new cc item and it didn't appear in the cc screen
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

It would be good to do that.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > > deadinside wrote: »
    > > > > >
    > > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > > > joy13 wrote: »
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Sorry if you have answered this but how can I remove all my cc from the script mods
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Hello
    > > > > > > Are your cc items showing in the script mods section of the pop up screen? If they are, and if you still have the zipped cc folder in the mods folder, remove the zipped folder and only keep the package files in the mods folder.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Can you please help me? This is my problem. So i always extract my mods and cc and whatnot. But when i enter the game (newest update) it would always show the cc in the script section. When i go in CAS it won't show my any of the hair, clothes, jewelry etc. But all of this worked on the last update. Also, i accidentally opened one file in notepad and and it turned all of my packages so when i clicked on them it would go into notepad. I don't know how to reverse this. Please help me!
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Thank you! I already have done the second solution (for the package association) but can you please explain how to remove all filters?
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @deadinside
    > > > > If you click the little triangle on the top left handside of the area where you choose the outfits, you can then use the filter to untick all the filter options there.
    > > >
    > > > So i got screenshots of the game, and i tried everything you have told me so far. I put in my files into the game (with them with unknown file) and i'm sure i put them in there. Since i havent been here for long i cant yet post links.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Try downloading a new cc item, and see if that shows as a package file and if it appears both in the mods screen that appears when loading the game, and also in the cas section.
    > >
    > > I downloaded a new cc item and it didn't appear in the cc screen
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    >
    > I had a mods folder on the desktop, and i moved all of the cc in that folder into a different one and deleted the empty folder. Then i took out the mods folder out of Documents-Electronic Arts-The Sims 4 and placed it on the desktop. I got in the game then got out to see that i generated a new folder. Should I try to place in a cc to see if it works?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It would be good to do that.

Thank you so much! It worked :smiley: