Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims.com redesign looks incredible bad

13...Next

Comments

• NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > zuper_buu wrote: »
    >
    > > @friendlysimmers said:
    > > Do you have to complain everytime i see nothing wrong with this redesign i think it was high time as a player they did that keeps the game fresh no reason to get angry just because of a change in color, and also do it change the way you play the game? the answer is no it do not change the way you play its just a fresh new look for the sims4.
    >
    > I'll just simplify it this time: Colour saturation is too high. It's not good for people with light-colour sensitivity, it's not accessibility friendly.
    >
    > Also you're wrong, it DOES change the way you play the game. Sims 4 is full of loading screens, if you're unlucky your loading screen can last longer than 10 seconds. Exposure to over-saturated colours for prolonged periods of time puts strain on the eye and can result in migraines, nausea and even seizures to those with light-sensitive issues.
    > You don't suffer from these things? Give it a few months of looking at these poorly chosen colours and you will.
    > How does this change how I play the game? Easy answer: I stop playing it, because I can't play it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well i consider myself lucky i am not affected by any of whats mention and the loading screen in the case of my pc loads up pretty fast and i do not mind loading screens at all while i wait i can check message on my ipad or play an ipad game

Lucky you :)
    I think its sad personally that i have payed so much for everything sims 4 have (adultier adult here, i pay everything out of my own pocket) and now i cant open the game without being afraid to get ill.
    My previous migrane gave me a 3day trip to the ER and i really dont have time for that now. Have to keep my job so i can pay for stupid pc games, ya know? :P (trying to keep a light spirit here)

I honestly dont give a crap about the design.. I think its ugly but i dont care.. its a loading screen, not like something that affects the gameplay per say. But.. If i at least could get a option to pop the loading screens and menu on a grayscale or even full on b/w i wouldnt care.. but if i now have to edit my setup and screen colors to open up the game each time.. only for this game.. thats just not ok IMO.
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    LiesSim wrote: »
    qpmomma wrote: »
    I am open to design changes. Most of the time when it comes to The Sims I like the changes. However, this redesign is confusing. The pack colors contrast with the deep blue. The teal EP color is too close to the blue GP color. Considering their reasoning was to make it easier to tell the packs apart that’s an odd choice of color. Honestly, i’m Sorry someone spent time deigning it by it’s confusing and hurts my eyes.

I agree. I actually don't mind the new designs they did for the packs, but the background of the site shouldn't have the same color scheme. It's indeed harder to tell the packs apart this way because they don't stand out individually.

I also don't really understand why Get Famous doesn't get the same logo they put on the rest of the packs?

Wow I hadn't even noticed that. Why is it that everything EA does is half baked?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited July 2019
    For anyone not opposed to mods (won’t help with the website though).. Edit: it also changes the loading screen back
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I need sunglasses to look at that, it hurts my eyes (and my phone’s luminosity is set to minimum).
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This isn't just about resistance to change. This is just bad design. I'm usually pretty neutral over stuff like this, but oh my, those colors are so intense and bright. I really think the original design is so much prettier and cleaner. Good design should not be noticeable.

Who knows, maybe they'll change it like they changed the loading screens. I actually forget what they used to be, but I remember people complaining that the screens gave them headaches.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I imagine this is what it much feel to have your eyes clawed out by some monstrous creature from the 80s made entirely out of neon.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    For anyone not opposed to mods (won’t help with the website though).. Edit: it also changes the loading screen back

Thank you kindly for sharing this!
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Thank you kindly for sharing this!
    No problem! :)
    Hope it helps some of the simmers that have been struggling to play
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    They are killing what they actually want to display - the background and graphics takes away attention from the game icons. I'm pretty sure that is not what they wanted. Hey - crazy combinations of blue and green is more important than what game we sell! Yay!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Omg! Now they can start sell overpriced anti-blue light glasses to go with TS4 so they can raise a little more money. :D
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Why...just why?
    9SFdyqG.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Oh, no. Please no.

Just... don't touch this site, okay? If it looked like that, I wouldn't be able to come here anymore and I really like coming here. It hurts my graphic designer's soul...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I've seen Geocities websites looking better than this.

Plum, I've seen better designed MySpace pages!

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I actually love all the re branding. Here is my story ... I have a progressive eye disease and my doctor wants me to protect my eyes when I am using any device. Anyone that uses any screen should either use protection or limit activity. I have a tinted screen that hangs over my monitor at work and it helps a lot and I still have the brightness on my monitor at 50%. Are others aware that they can change settings on their devices? Also, my doctor told me that glare on the screen from reflective light is more damaging to my eyes and that was the light causing my headaches. I either have to hang the tinted non glare screen or turn off all the lights. My home monitor is set to 45% brightness and I always use computer glasses. They are tinted and have a wider bifocal so I do not have to squint. I still have to zoom web pages like this forum to 175%. The problem I have is white backgrounds. Hip hip hooray twitter got a dark mode. lol Any color is darker than than white! White is bright and blue is a cool color. Not saying anything about the green. lol Got to go Sim now!
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Clearly designed by a beginner HTML programmer

Not to get off topic with nerd speak but HTML is actually only the structure of a web page has nothing to do with the color choices on a site and little to do with the design. These days many designers don't even write HTML themselves (though I do :smile: ). However I do agree the stuff and game pack pages have way too bright background colors. I do like the various shapes they've incorporated in the background but the colors just make it too hard to read.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I dun wun it.

She is my QUEEN
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Wow!! That green on the Stuff Pack page made my eyes water...
    The overall page design isn’t horrendous, but they really need to lighten those background colors some. It’s currently a bit of an assault on the eyes at their current state! :o
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I also don't like it. Too flashy, no style at all. It feels like EA is only trying to attract young teens and doesn't care about adult fans of the franchise. I suppose that is why they only put young hip pretty people on the new box art and left out all other ages. As a long term sims player (since sims 1) I no longer fit EA's profile.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Oh my.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    does the sims team really not care about the players? because from the looks it most people are complaining about the change yet they sit there thinking this is the cutest ish ever...