Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims.com redesign looks incredible bad

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Wow! It seriously hurts my eyes to look at it. Why so bright and loud?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I love bright and bold colors but not that bright, don't like the new icons at all.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think this exact thing is listed under the "don't "s in web design 101.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It's really, really bad! The over saturated colors don't even mix well. They're just burning into your retinas! :astonished:

And while we're at it, I really hate the blue logo above the forum. It's such an eye sore! They should have went with a lighter blue color instead.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    When I was learning how to html and css, I used these colors very often. the sheer amount of complaints is already way too many, does Maxis ever in history responded to backlash?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yeah, I definitely haven't been one to criticize every little thing in the past, especially free updates. However, this "redesign" looks like a bad 2000's era myspace background gone wrong. I hate everything about it and I cannot believe they wasted time on this.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    The more I see of it, the more I'm convinced it's a huge joke.

But now I'm coming to the conclusion that the huge joke is EA.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    More reason to never visit those websites :) They get what they deserve.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I dun wun it.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Do you have to complain everytime i see nothing wrong with this redesign i think it was high time as a player they did that keeps the game fresh no reason to get angry just because of a change in color, and also do it change the way you play the game? the answer is no it do not change the way you play its just a fresh new look for the sims4.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i dont mind the redesign much but those website pages...yeah thats bad
  • zuper_buuzuper_buu Posts: 12 New Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > Do you have to complain everytime i see nothing wrong with this redesign i think it was high time as a player they did that keeps the game fresh no reason to get angry just because of a change in color, and also do it change the way you play the game? the answer is no it do not change the way you play its just a fresh new look for the sims4.

I'll just simplify it this time: Colour saturation is too high. It's not good for people with light-colour sensitivity, it's not accessibility friendly.

Also you're wrong, it DOES change the way you play the game. Sims 4 is full of loading screens, if you're unlucky your loading screen can last longer than 10 seconds. Exposure to over-saturated colours for prolonged periods of time puts strain on the eye and can result in migraines, nausea and even seizures to those with light-sensitive issues.
    You don't suffer from these things? Give it a few months of looking at these poorly chosen colours and you will.
    How does this change how I play the game? Easy answer: I stop playing it, because I can't play it.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    zuper_buu wrote: »
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > Do you have to complain everytime i see nothing wrong with this redesign i think it was high time as a player they did that keeps the game fresh no reason to get angry just because of a change in color, and also do it change the way you play the game? the answer is no it do not change the way you play its just a fresh new look for the sims4.

I'll just simplify it this time: Colour saturation is too high. It's not good for people with light-colour sensitivity, it's not accessibility friendly.

Also you're wrong, it DOES change the way you play the game. Sims 4 is full of loading screens, if you're unlucky your loading screen can last longer than 10 seconds. Exposure to over-saturated colours for prolonged periods of time puts strain on the eye and can result in migraines, nausea and even seizures to those with light-sensitive issues.
    You don't suffer from these things? Give it a few months of looking at these poorly chosen colours and you will.
    How does this change how I play the game? Easy answer: I stop playing it, because I can't play it.

well i consider myself lucky i am not affected by any of whats mention and the loading screen in the case of my pc loads up pretty fast and i do not mind loading screens at all while i wait i can check message on my ipad or play an ipad game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's retro allright and OUCH! I haven't gone to the site but just looking at these screenshots really hurt my eyes! And where is the product? I can't even see the packs or even WANT to buy anything from this site.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    The blue and teal colors are so similar...it's weird to me that they decided to chose two blue colors and a green. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have three totally different colors? I'm not sure what they were thinking.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's all a bit to bright. I love colourful things but not when it all contrasts so badly.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    Big oof.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Do you have to complain everytime i see nothing wrong with this redesign i think it was high time as a player they did that keeps the game fresh no reason to get angry just because of a change in color, and also do it change the way you play the game? the answer is no it do not change the way you play its just a fresh new look for the sims4.

I understand that it can be irritating to see negative comments and people complaining, but this issue isn't about whether the new design is 'liked'. It is far more serious than that. It's that for people like me, who suffer a lot with migraines and light sensitivity, the redesign causes physical pain, nausea, dizziness and headaches. Even the new plumbob gives me those symptoms. I think this is less about complaining, but more about letting the developers know that this is a genuine problem that is actually now stopping people from playing the game. Even if I just avoid the loading screen, there's still the plumbob. There's the game icon on my desktop that does the same thing that I've now had to hide in a separate folder. I think preferences are one thing, everyone can't be pleased all the time, but when it has an actual, physical impact on people's health, it is something that seriously needs addressing by the developers or designers responsible.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Are they trying to get older fans back by using nostalgia???
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    It's not even the colours that have triggered me... who was in charge of these logo designs? They're not consistent and it looks extremely bad.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited July 2019
    NeverBird wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Honestly.
    I suffer from a special sort of migraine that can turn pretty gruesome and one of my triggers are certain colors.. these colors.. and these contrasts on top of it.

Now I know what to avoid on my PC screen :p (currently on my cell)

Oh, I'm so sorry. I have suffered two migraines in my lifetime and they're not at all fun. First one landed me in the emergency ward, as the paramedics thought I was suffering heat stroke. Thankfully, it was just a migraine. (By using the word just, I'm not in any way diminishing this debilitating affliction.) I have since suffered the Mother of all Strokes (ruptured brain aneurysm) and that pain didn't even come close to a migraine. I cannot say it was the worst headache I ever had (as some do) only that it was the weirdest headache I had ever had. Feeling as if your head is in a vice that keeps tightening, is far worse in my book, and that is how I describe a migraine. I do hope you can get treatment that lessens the occurrences.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Wow sunglasses are advised when visiting the site ouch B)
    I don't mind them trying something new but this ain't it :#
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Are they trying to get older fans back by using nostalgia???

No, they are trying to get us away as possible by blinding us with those flashy colors.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I am open to design changes. Most of the time when it comes to The Sims I like the changes. However, this redesign is confusing. The pack colors contrast with the deep blue. The teal EP color is too close to the blue GP color. Considering their reasoning was to make it easier to tell the packs apart that’s an odd choice of color. Honestly, i’m Sorry someone spent time deigning it by it’s confusing and hurts my eyes.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    I am open to design changes. Most of the time when it comes to The Sims I like the changes. However, this redesign is confusing. The pack colors contrast with the deep blue. The teal EP color is too close to the blue GP color. Considering their reasoning was to make it easier to tell the packs apart that’s an odd choice of color. Honestly, i’m Sorry someone spent time deigning it by it’s confusing and hurts my eyes.

I agree. I actually don't mind the new designs they did for the packs, but the background of the site shouldn't have the same color scheme. It's indeed harder to tell the packs apart this way because they don't stand out individually.

I also don't really understand why Get Famous doesn't get the same logo they put on the rest of the packs?