Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• Piaf_JaunePiaf_Jaune Posts: 1 New Member
    Where can we find the news icons (for the DLCs) ? We need to refresh our forums, wikis, websites, ...
  • zuper_buuzuper_buu Posts: 12 New Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Not only is the style of the new pack boxes bland and boring, the colours chosen for the main menu and loading screens are not friendly to people who are sensitive to blue-light; I get migraines just looking at still pictures of them, I dread to think what reaction I'd have if anything is animated on either of them! Turned off auto-updates until a mod can come out to revert it back to how it was before...
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    They prob only patched in old items, as all people have been moaning about is how they don’t want free stuff anymore, they want the game fixed. The freelance patch came out, and nearly all the comments were “stop giving us free stuff”. Except they obviously can’t fix the game, but they can stop making free stuff for their “fans”, to throw back at their face..?

So they’ve given free stuff to their new audience who isn’t so entitled, and hell bent on tearing the sims down. Like even people saying they don’t like the rebrand, that’s all you had to say, not all this “it hurts my eyes, it was designed by a child, UGLY, this team never gives me what I want blah blah blah...” 🤷‍♂️ It’s just extreme man.

You’re all sat there saying they don’t care and given up or whatever, this rebrand was exactly to prove otherwise, that they are still investing in this game and community. Like sorry yall don’t like the colour blue lol jeeeeez

The only real critiscim I have is the absence of age diversity. It stood out to me first, the Millennials of it all, could even be a uni pack cover tbh..? But it’s more fitting for the game itself anyway, as most emphasis is on young adulthood so... i feel the rebrands are actually truer to the game itself.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2019
    Eeehhh.. the poll options are too binary. I don't HATE it, but I also don't love it.

I don't mind the new plumbobs. I don't mind the patterns. The bright stuff. It's okay. I like the sharp style.

HOWEVER, why are the expansions teal now??? Every single one of them? Game packs are already a shade of blue. Why not pick a more distinct color? Come on. I get that they had to get rid of the rainbow, if we're gonna run out of distinct expansion pack colors anyway, but really??? Teal?????

The new main menu is kinda lame, I don't like the rows of expansions being at the bottom, it was better to the side.
    Though it does remind me of what the main menu looked like in the very beginning somehow.

Also, the loading screen SUCKS. THAT'S TOO MUCH BLUE. IT'S SUCH AN UGLY SHADE TOO. I mean, I can live with it, but holy heck, who thought that was a good idea.

And, to top it off, there are still elements left from the old branding.. the rounded corners, the white menus, the CAS background.. they didn't even go all out.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    That redesign of The Sims 4 is not meant to end. But this describes the Sims 4 in its entirety. Nothing in the game is finished.
    I like the color that is finally in the game. Not this ugly white. However, why did you stoped at the ingame menu? Everything is still white. Why The Sims 4 does not gonig back to the Sims 1 style? The Sims 4 is perfectly suited for it.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2019
    ddd994 wrote: »
    They prob only patched in old items, as all people have been moaning about is how they don’t want free stuff anymore, they want the game fixed. The freelance patch came out, and nearly all the comments were “stop giving us free stuff”. Except they obviously can’t fix the game, but they can stop making free stuff for their “fans”, to throw back at their face..?

So they’ve given free stuff to their new audience who isn’t so entitled, and hell bent on tearing the sims down. Like even people saying they don’t like the rebrand, that’s all you had to say, not all this “it hurts my eyes, it was designed by a child, UGLY, this team never gives me what I want blah blah blah...” 🤷‍♂️ It’s just extreme man.

You’re all sat there saying they don’t care and given up or whatever, this rebrand was exactly to prove otherwise, that they are still investing in this game and community. Like sorry yall don’t like the colour blue lol jeeeeez

The only real critiscim I have is the absence of age diversity. It stood out to me first, the Millennials of it all, could even be a uni pack cover tbh..? But it’s more fitting for the game itself anyway, as most emphasis is on young adulthood so... i feel the rebrands are actually truer to the game itself.

They didn't only patch in old items. Get Famous is a pretty new pack and they patched in 2 tops from it. Still, we PAID for this stuff and others are getting it for free. But that's not the part that bothers me. What bothers me is that the packs aren't worth their value anymore. These items removed from packs will not get taken out of promotions and trailers, so EA is essentially tricking the customer into thinking they're getting more than they really are.

We are outraged over the rebrand because EA doesn't care about its fanbase. It doesn't listen to what their players want. The players want very simple things and that EA can easily do, but EA just doesn't care. If they really wanted to show they care about the game, they would accept our requests and fix the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game. They would work on the packs we want, fix the features we've always hated, etc, etc. But they did this. This rebrand does NOT show they care. It shows that they're money hungry so they've stopped listening to their fanbase, and instead, with the bright colors try to appeal to gullible young children/preteens/teenagers. They aren't helping their fans and the community, they just want more people to buy the game. EA's only focus is money money money, and we have a right to be angry. We're not angry about the rebrand because of the color, it's because of how unnecessary it is. It shows they don't care about their fanbase.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I honestly don't care about the colors. They're perfectly fine for all it matters. I'm not going to be playing the game for loading screen or forum colors. If you are then bully for you, but I'm not going to whine about something that I see for like what...four seconds of my life when I turn the game on and those few scant times I have a loading screen from going somewhere else? Seriously??? Y'all are gonna complain about that when there's MORE important things to complain about?

My complaints are the same that a few folks actually have that are valid. Fix the dang game! I have a table for two in my Sims' home. They've ate at that table every day for years, together. But lately they're eating everywhere else in the house. One goes in the bedroom and sits on the bed, the other goes outside on the patio. Why? They're not bickering, they're just suddenly doing this. Nothing in the house changed. Nothing changed sink wise either and they still go all the way into the bathroom to wash dishes even though the kitchen sink is prob like three squares away from the kitchen table. Woo hoo in beds are a mess. They get crazy, then the actions stop, but they're still making noise, then things speed up and they're done, snoozing for about five seconds then are up at the side of the bed. Um....These are only two of the issues I have and have been seeing other folks post about as well. The lack of care about game problems is what I'm getting annoyed with them not fixing. I have had FLOATING FRUIT in my yard after I removed trees almost ever since I got the game, but does anyone care? NO. Nothing got answered on the new stupid forum we're forced to put game issues. I've did research and Floating fruit has been an ongoing issue since the game came out! Why isn't it fixed??? Granted it's not a game hindering issue, but it's STILL an issue. I find it funny that all the trash they fix in game with patches are stuff I NEVER see in my own game happening nor things I see people complain about here. Fixing fantasy issues to make it seem like they're doing something to me is no bueno.

I'm not going to stop playing, ever. But I will toss in my two cents and agree about the lack of content in packs, less for more is the way it's going lately. I'm anxious for Island Living and can't wait to afford it, but it saddens me to hear that it has less content than other packs of its price. I agree that the Sims have little to no true personality distinctions. I am tired of the rando flirting by couples and that's something just about everyone and their mother voices in here that they want some kind of loyalty patch, upgrade, etc. There's so many other more issues between personalities and such, but yet the gurus constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY ignore the fact. It's like ok y'all want loyalty...ok here's a patch with Sims now able to have a freelance career. Wait..what? Did we seriously need 350 colors of doors, but yet the colors and styles of carpet STINKS???? There's like what, three patterns (not going to count what you get from stuff packs) and six colors. I want a rich green carpet, but instead I have dark brown that makes it look like my Sims have dirt in the house. A carpet mod is installed for me now and I hate it as I dislike using mods for something that should have been in a game that's been paid for. I mean gosh, wouldn't a bright pink or lavender carpet be cute in a little girls room? Ugh.

Those are my issues, not petty nonsense about green and navy blue colors that don't have anything to do with game play. I didn't get lured into playing Sims because oh look their color scheme on the box is fantabulous!! Color scheme isn't going to turn me off in playing or buying future game additions either. With all the more pressing issues at hand, y'all are choosing to complain about the colors, but yet colors is the direction the gurus wanted to address instead of the more pressing issues at hand. Pfft....I don't know...doesn't seem like anything anyone does is gonna make anyone happy...I only wish they'd fix what the mass are complaining that's broke. Apparently if more than one person is experiencing the same issue that there truly is an issue and it should be fixed. But...here's a chair and a new light fixture to pacify you .
  • zuper_buuzuper_buu Posts: 12 New Member
    > @TravisBlackfox said:
    > I honestly don't care about the colors. They're perfectly fine for all it matters. I'm not going to be playing the game for loading screen or forum colors. If you are then bully for you, but I'm not going to whine about something that I see for like what...four seconds of my life when I turn the game on and those few scant times I have a loading screen from going somewhere else? Seriously??? Y'all are gonna complain about that when there's MORE important things to complain about?

four seconds, wow you're lucky.
  • RomakiRomaki Posts: 5 New Member
    It looks worse, more intense colors are never a good idea for any platform.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2019
    Even with the right colors, I find the layout not so good, the icons take half of the screen.
    The sims are really cramped, it makes me claustrophobic.

9nsilm10.png
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Jenaycm09Jenaycm09 Posts: 52 Member
    The colors and layout are really bad on my eyes...

This was something you guys wasted money on, sadly.... we who play the game would just like you to spend money and time on things we want in the game...

No one asked you to do this. I'm so sorry people don't like your work... but please take us into consideration before you make big changes like this. Thank you.
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    also what happens when this blue loading screen comes to consoles and people are playing on a 55 inch TV or larger. That is going to be more jarring than a PC monitor.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Hate it, hate it, hate it. Hate the main screen, hate the new pack logos and box art, but most of all I ABHOR the obnoxious new loading screen. I could get over the new plumbob design, but that blue background is just awful. And I do use a TV instead of a PC monitor, so I'm "blessed" to have this sensory-overload inducing blue spread across my entire screen, just because I wanted my sims to hangout at the beach for a few hours :|
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My opionion?
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not a fan. I wouldn’t say I hate it. But It does hurt my head a little. I think it’s more concerning a five year old game needs a re branding shortly after the game was given away free. Does not scream “committed to the game” to me. It says to me that the giveaway didn’t go as well as it hoped.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    After seeing it all over the forums for the past few days now, its been giving me headaches and even making me a little nauseous. They should really think about at least lessening the saturation. It really does hurt to look at.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    edited July 2019
    Mod to reset rebrand!
    Here's to everyone who hates the rebrand: A user called TwistedMexi has made a mod that resets the rebrand and returns the UI back to normal. It is currently in pre-release and only for patreon pledges, but it'll release publically soon. Just thought anyone who dislikes the rebrand (like me) would like to know!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    TwistedMexi‘s mod will be released for public in a few days. https://www.patreon.com/posts/28446875
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• 2slowdncers2slowdncers Posts: 1 New Member
    Horrible. It looks like a child got a hold of MSPaint and used the brightest colors they could find. It gives me, and many others, migraines.
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    I'm with a vast majority of the voters here, I am far from impressed with this rebrand for the most part.

- The starter screen looks absolutely horrendous and the flying plumbob zooming across the screen actually scares me. I think probably because it's so big?
    - The loading screen is even worse...it just...it looks weird.
    - I also don't care for the changes to the the main menu. I mean I like the addition of the trailers, and how it's easier to access the social media accounts but that's about it. The rest of it is very off-putting and it looks too stretched out to me.

I probably won't be using the story mode thing in CAS, so that doesn't really bug me too much. As long as I can still pick traits the old-fashioned way, I'm good.

But I do like the new CAS items like the hairstyles and clothes. Those are great at least.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Good news!

수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    @Miricha

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing this! This is good news indeed. At least the new loading screen won't be nearly as bad. Like I think I can tolerate that one.

This thing about patching EP, SP, and GP items into the base game though? Tha -- that's terrible honestly. I didn't even realize it (probably because I don't have all the packs) but...really...
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Miricha wrote: »

Yeah, the darker blue looks a lot better.
    Miricha wrote: »

Still going to be getting the mod, but that's a lot better.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    bad news indeed i prefer the first one much better i much prefer light blue much nicer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(