So, I was reading this awesome post about someone's CC 1800s Irish farming "world". And it gave me soo many ideas. My brain is whirring with ideas. I can't hold back. So I want to know what other people are thinking about. What they'd do if they had the chance. Or what game mechanics they think would enable this creativity. 😁
(My threads are posted below, to show you what I'm thinking of:)
I LOVE this. If I could have historical worlds in game for real, I'd be ecstatic.
2. Steampunk Fantasy world (not be confused with regular Victorian times)
3. A Celtic pack
4. Medieval British Isles
Like themed worlds with special interactions of their own.
And the ability to Create A World with certain aspects. Like:
1. Empty worlds like Newcrest, that go similarly to the worlds we have now.
2. And then empty vacation worlds, where we set the theme.
A. We choose what the seasons look like. Whether it's winter-like all the time. Or if they have noticeable cycles. Or are like Sulani, with 4 seasons, but a tropical clime.
B. We can create resorts. But also have vacation homes for sims to own. And timeshare like resort/apartments. Sims would own them, but rather than having a bunch of land, you have just a floor, or apartment that you own. Like a vacation condo.
C. You can set the culture of that world like it's a club. You'd take activities and beliefs that are in the sims, choose or randomize them. And then any locals would follow those customs. And that would be something visitors can learn about.
3. And worlds we get as a blank slate. With a limit of how many plots we can put down. Like 25 plots.
A. They'd have the same choices as vacation worlds. But you could choose whether they are urban, suburban, country, isolated, or islands.
B. You could make schools, or let sims go to rabbit holes. Same for all GTW careers.
C. If we get an education pack, you could make University Worlds. Or simply have a section of the world set as a university town.
4. Farming worlds could have large plots. Or you could have a semi rabbit hole thing. Like the plot might only look yey big when in manage world, but when you click in, they are basically unlimited. Or have farms count as worlds of their own, in a way.
5. And have greengrocers. And Community gardens, farms, and greenhouses.
Yup I got carried away. This post inspired me.
That would be really cool. It would be nice if we could then go to the gallery and download an entire custom world.
Yeah. People doing let's plays, or those who just play with stories in mind, could have tailor made worlds that fit their goals. Rather than having lots that are tricked out as cities. But can still only hold 8 sims.
You could make Villages 😯!
Or hamlets. Towns vs cities.
Small towns, with the close knit community, that have all the resources of a city. Just in a more relaxed setting. Oh my brain is tingling.
(My O.G. General 2019 goals thread:
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head.