Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Here are some thoughts:

Social interactions. There are so many varied choices for social interactions in TS4, which is a wonderful concept, but speech icons are often random and have nothing to do with said interaction(s). "Enthuse About Fora-Design" is one that particularly comes to mind because it is a career-unlocked social, and yet is no different from any other friendly "enthuse" social. There are also so many beautiful icons available in this game, being able to "talk about garden", or fishing, or children (etc) and seeing corresponding icons would help with storytelling. Also, including the ability to chose a Sim's interests/dislikes would expand on social interactions.

Update old expansion packs. Get to Work often comes to mind. The Sims Freeplay did a great job of fleshing out both the Doctor and Police careers, giving them each two relevant career branches. I often wonder, if an expansion pack could be revisited, what improvements in hindsight would and could be made? The same goes for the retail system; can anything be improved? What has been the general feedback from players who often use the retail aspect of the game? The Sims team has been able to revamp major aspects of the base game engine, what would make an expansion pack any different?

Updating Careers. This ties in with my above thought on expansions. Careers like Freelancer and Conservationist are improving on the tried-and-true formula of "gain skills and go to work", but can others be improved as well? Could more career-related objects be brought into the game? Gardening and Politics, for example offer few rewards in comparison to base-game careers like Entertainment or Culinary. For career-focused players, this gives the ability to really feel like they are playing with a certain career, instead of just revisiting a blank rabbithole. Conservationist also rewards players with special traits; I'd love to see what traits could apply to both base-game and expansion careers.

As a final thought, when Simmers talk about a lack of depth and play-ability in TS4, I often think about Makin'Magic. I could spend hours (both in-game and real-time) in Magic Town; going on errands to obtain magicoins or items to be used in friend-boosting spells. If that didn't interest me, there were the arcade games or roller coasters, which were always fun to play. I could buy ingredients for cakes and nectar, or duel sims with magic spells. Even though TS4 has lot venues, they often feel flat and single-purposed.
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    I'd quite like to see a return of the owning multiple houses that we had in Sims 3. It would be especially useful for having a a sim family able to properly access the City Living, Strangerhood and Island Living without having them constantly travel back and forth to fulfill needs, or to be forced to sell up an existing house (That you've probably spent a lot of time modifying and furnishing to your taste) and move to the new neighbourhood.
  • danislilstardanislilstar Posts: 9 New Member
    So there are a couple of things i would like to see in sims 4 and I'm sorry because I know this is going to turn into a bit of a rant/vent session but it won't let me start a new topic.

Let's start with the pets expansion because to be honest this is the one that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off the most. First and more important I need the return of being able to play as the pets not just having my sims call them over and have them to do stuff. I would also love to see the return of more types of pets that you can choose from like why did they take away horses? Maybe for the next version of sims they can add more options of pets like farm animals or maybe they could add exotic animals like monkeys or tigers or hell maybe they could have like a zoo themed expansion. But in general I just feel like they took a lot of stuff out compared to what they had in the sims 3 and I don't understand why.

There are some other changes that I would love to see and I know realistically we are not going to see them in sims 4 if anything it would probably be sims 5. For instance there have been some things about sims 4 in general and this is why I have not bought a lot of expansions. First off there are some things that were part of the expansions that I should have come as part of the base game especially if they are going to charge like $60 for the base game when it comes out. Why was toddlers and the abilities to have cars come out with the original release and why did we have to wait so long for an update? I also feel like some of the features (but not all of them ) of the seasons and parenthood expansion like having the seasons change or the parenting abilities like the option of "discipline recent behavior". The other thing I would love to see is new original ideas for extensions like into the feature because I feel like most of the expansions are just revamps of previous expansions and the basic ideas are the same. Like the island living is the same idea as island paradise and parenthood and generations, get famous and showtime. I know there are a couple staples like pets and city living ones and I'm not saying take those away but just something that's not like we have ever had.

The last thing I would like to say is if your going to bring it to console why not bring it to all consoles? Why was it put on the xbox and ps4 and not the switch?
  • flippwizarddflippwizardd Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it's really great how pride flags have been released in the game! As an LGBT+ person myself, this sort of casual representation is lovely.

In a similar topic, I noticed that one of the flag options is the nonbinary flag. That's awesome! Especially with nonbinary day happening recently, it's a great way for people to show their pride. However, when creating sims, the options are still quite binary. I understand that this is the easiest way to model characters, but it'd be great to see some more customisable options to create a more diverse range of characters.

Thanks, and I hope you have a lovely day.
  • flippwizarddflippwizardd Posts: 2 New Member
    > @flippwizardd said:
    > I think it's really great how pride flags have been released in the game! As an LGBT+ person myself, this sort of casual representation is lovely.
    >
    > In a similar topic, I noticed that one of the flag options is the nonbinary flag. That's awesome! Especially with nonbinary day happening recently, it's a great way for people to show their pride. However, when creating sims, the options are still quite binary. I understand that this is the easiest way to model characters, but it'd be great to see some more customisable options to create a more diverse range of characters.
    >
    > Thanks, and I hope you have a lovely day.

Forgot to add: Even having they/them pronouns as an option for characters would be great.
  • kirsanov808kirsanov808 Posts: 1 New Member
    Dear EA. For five years, Sims 4, and she, to put it mildly, is already behind the technologies that now exist. Moderators have to create really realistic textures, add some kind of filters to the game, add their own modifications, but everything is limited by the small features of the game itself. It's time to change the engine, graphics, and geymplay itself. Everyone is waiting for Sims 5. Make it, finally, a new game with new, more realistic features, because this game is outdated, even with new additions. Arrange a vote and you will see that everyone is already yearning for a new game.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Dear EA. For five years, Sims 4, and she, to put it mildly, is already behind the technologies that now exist. Moderators have to create really realistic textures, add some kind of filters to the game, add their own modifications, but everything is limited by the small features of the game itself. It's time to change the engine, graphics, and geymplay itself. Everyone is waiting for Sims 5. Make it, finally, a new game with new, more realistic features, because this game is outdated, even with new additions. Arrange a vote and you will see that everyone is already yearning for a new game.

Plus the new rebrand makes it feel even more outdated!
  • Glynis1995Glynis1995 Posts: 1 New Member
    Apparently you can’t talk to a support agent about this, but I want it to be heard so here goes nothing.
    I need to know why we don’t have an actual Story Mode. We had it in Sims and Sims2, and it magically disappeared. Now I know this isn’t just a PC thing, I have the game for my PS4 as well. For the love of god, can we get this and cars back in the least??The Sims is fun and all but sometimes I crave more out of the gameplay, I crave the same thing Story Mode provides. The “story” that was provided in yesterday’s update is beyond sad and quite frankly a slap in the face in terms of a story mode. The updates are not real updates and it’s becoming tiresome. Please get this addressed ASAP, it’s not like we don’t know you have the tools to do so.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    First and foremost I would love to see some bugs getting fixed. like the issues with restaurants. Also I would like to see suntanning towels, which are invisible for me now. I also can't see the turtle hatching event and some other events. Does this perhaps have to do with my graphic card settings?
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Zarius03 wrote: »
    I would love to see on both PC and console, the ability to play online with friends, while using a headset to talk to them. We see games like COD where you can talk with your friends while playing with them. I think it would be cool if you could do the same on sims, and invite your friends over instead of just bots.

This would make it better for me. I enjoy MMO's where I can play with my friends online.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'd like it if whims could influence a sim's mood like in TS3 and TS2.

If a sim doesn't fulfil any whims for 24h they should get a sad moodlet that says "Feeling unfulfilled". And when sims get 3 whims fulfilled in a row, for a short period of time, they should get a happy moodlet that says "Fulfilled". I think that completing an Aspiration milestone should also give sims the fulfilled moodlet.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • carysllewellyncarysllewellyn Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a major gripe with the update, I’m actually quite upset about it. The new items in build mode. They need to be organised better and they NEED to have names. Having multiple objects called **debug** is incredibly frustrating. I am visually impaired and have a real difficulty scrolling through hundreds of unnamed items to find something specific. It is hell. I always found this game so accessible up until this update, it’s completely killed my love for the game now that I literally can’t access all its features. Not cool.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    That EA would take seriously the need for fixing the many broken/bugged elements of the game, get off their butts, and start fixing! Starting with the June patch that has left my game unplayable!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Can we please get an option in settings to turn off pet illnesses if we own C&D? Not only are they pointless if you're not playing the vet career, I personally do not like that the 'illnesses' are things like having glowing red feet, producing golden feces, and emitting frost. I like my game to be as realistic as possible, and these 'illnesses' really ruin my immersion. I'd like an option to prevent pets from becoming sick at all so those who like it can keep it, and those of us who'd prefer a more realistic experience can have that. Thank you.
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    Instead of whole beds giving different amount of comfort, energy etc I'd love to see mattress doing that. Let me explain. If you want your sims to sleep well, you have only handful of beds to choose from. What if I love the look of a cheap bed but then all my sims have time for is sleeping! This system of bed giving you comfort, energy relief and energy is rendering most beds useless when my sims get more money.

It would be more realistic and also better in every way if it was a mattress that is giving these benefits. Bed frame itself could still give environment bonus or not, if it's cheap. Mattresses should be up-gradable, or changeable with simoleons when your sims get richer. Why get a new bed when you can just buy a better, more comfortable mattress?
  • evil_piratelizzieevil_piratelizzie Posts: 3 New Member
    I am a creator and I love how much control there is in sims 3 with the ability to have more than one pattern or color and to add in your own patterns colors or textures. What about World edit so we can make our own worlds? I really just want my Barnacle bay, Supernatural.
  • KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    I would love to see a few things. First one is pattern editor/ maker so we can have any piece of furniture match our theme
    we are going for in a room. Or perhaps a color wheel where we can adjust it to get any color we want, along with three tabs
    that remember the last three colors we used. The three tabs would be used to click on so we dont have to try to adjust the
    color wheel for every item. We can just click on a tab to color the item so it matches perfectly every time.

Second thing is realistic vacation time. Children in school should have at least a summer vacation, if not also a spring break.
    Sims with a career should be able to take a week of paid vacation. Like maybe once every spring and summer.
    With the kids out of school for the summer. And the parents off of work for a week. Us simmers could really have our
    families head out for a week of vacation. I have yet to have my family take a vacation. Because it is too much of a hassle
    for just a few days of camping. No matter what day I would have my sims go camping. A few of them would have to
    call in to have a extra day off so they could stay at the camp ground together for more than one day.
    Realistic vacations would allow them all to have some camping time together, and be able to actually have time to
    do things.

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I would like to see supernatural sims that aren't vampires udpated. I would love aliens to have more powers/special need bar (e.g. brain power) and things to do like they could in the sims 3 (spaceship piloting, summon UFO abductions/meteors, more alien technology similar to freeze ray) and also an updated alien world (can be somewhere different to Sixam).

I would also like to see mermaids have their own baby bassinet, tombstone and underwater lot/neighbourhood. I would like to see an ocean themed pack as I feel Island Living focused more on land activities but I would like to see more underwater ocean activities/return of scuba diving especially for mermaids. I would like for mermaids to be able to sit/lay on rocks and interact with other sims similar to how sims sit on the edge of a pool.

Thanks!
  • haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    Does anyone remember the trash can cheat from the Sims 2?? Or is it just me?? What if Sims 4 had that trash can cheat!!
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    zenkitty33 wrote: »
    when we will be able to turn the cellphones off? i am so sick of the cell phones. am not even enjoying playing everyday anymore because my sims can't stay off the freak'n phones for even 5 sim minutes! please give us an off options. we can turn off our real phones sims should be able to too. turn off & put away.

you can silence them, its kind of like turning it off so you don't get those calls when your Sim is asleep.
    Just click on the phone, look at the top & you'll see something like a bell, click it & it will silence your phone.

that would be great if it stopped them actually using the phone but it doesnt. if we could disconnect sims from the phones it would prevent autonomous raising of the gaming skill, the action of taking photos together etc etc
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    zenkitty33 wrote: »
    when we will be able to turn the cellphones off? i am so sick of the cell phones. am not even enjoying playing everyday anymore because my sims can't stay off the freak'n phones for even 5 sim minutes! please give us an off options. we can turn off our real phones sims should be able to too. turn off & put away.

you can silence them, its kind of like turning it off so you don't get those calls when your Sim is asleep.
    Just click on the phone, look at the top & you'll see something like a bell, click it & it will silence your phone.

that would be great if it stopped them actually using the phone but it doesnt. if we could disconnect sims from the phones it would prevent autonomous raising of the gaming skill, the action of taking photos together etc etc

Autonomous skill-building is a nightmare. comedy, singing, gaming, and mischief. I would love to disconnect my sims from phones and I would like if they would stop spamming the tv and radio at the same time, changing channels/stations that other sims are watching/listening to. so frustrating.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Fix the features that are promised to work at buying the packs, and are until today bugged to death - GTW and Dine Out to name only two. Optimize Gameplay, give us more control over the features (Pet illness, Vampire-generation, NPC culling...).

Listen to your community and give US the players feedback you're listening. Telling us "We love feedback, we crave it" and then abandon older packs and us who bought them with it totally sends a signal. But not the one that you should want to send.

Releasing the world build items could have been great, releasing them "as is" - all called debug and uncategorized - is just another half baked move. All of that "great" rebranding won't change that. A lot of work and money gone in the wrong direction.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    I think it would be cool to have a vacation home option for the sims. Owning multiple houses and Moving from one to another when you feel like it. or just using one as a vacation home. I think that would be cool. If that is possible for the sims.
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    I also hope they add more aspirations and personality traits because I've use all or majority of them & I'm kind of bored with picking the same things over and over again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top