Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera Stutter

skylar15skylar15 Posts: 52 New Member
So I've been getting this very bad camera stutter and it just bothers me. The game seems to stutter when I move my camera, usually around the same places. This happens no matter what speed or mode I am in. It stutters when I am paused, playing, or even in build/buy mode. I've looked around the internet, and nothing as worked.

I've tried:
Limiting FPS to 60 FPS (I get around 260 FPS)
Changing many settings
Nraas_Overwatch
Windowed mode
Lower and higher resolutions
4GB patch
resetSim *
New World

And nothing helped.

I also don't think it's any of the mods, as I have been able to play with no lag using the mods before.

Specs:
7200 RPM HDD
6 GB DDR3 RAM, 1333 Mhz
i5-4670
GTX 960

Sims version: 1.67
Expansions: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Seasons, Pets, and University Life.

Mods: Babayaga's art clutter, Lemonc livingroom clutter, SingleSlidingDoors, Garage door small, Mini TVs, More Slot TVs, Standalone TVs, Longer Waking, Longer Days, Shorter Homework, Microwave slots, Hack anytime, Ceiling fan, Mini Freeze, Game posters, String shelf, and Nraas_Overwatch.

So, I've come here to see if there's any fixes that I have not tried. Most of these threads I've seen were from 2009-2011.

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    skylar15 wrote: »
    So I've been getting this very bad camera stutter and it just bothers me. The game seems to stutter when I move my camera, usually around the same places. This happens no matter what speed or mode I am in. It stutters when I am paused, playing, or even in build/buy mode. I've looked around the internet, and nothing as worked.

I've tried:
    Limiting FPS to 60 FPS (I get around 260 FPS)
    Changing many settings
    Nraas_Overwatch
    Windowed mode
    Lower and higher resolutions
    4GB patch
    resetSim *
    New World

And nothing helped.

I also don't think it's any of the mods, as I have been able to play with no lag using the mods before.

Specs:
    7200 RPM HDD
    6 GB DDR3 RAM, 1333 Mhz
    i5-4670
    GTX 960

Sims version: 1.67
    Expansions: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Seasons, Pets, and University Life.

Mods: Babayaga's art clutter, Lemonc livingroom clutter, SingleSlidingDoors, Garage door small, Mini TVs, More Slot TVs, Standalone TVs, Longer Waking, Longer Days, Shorter Homework, Microwave slots, Hack anytime, Ceiling fan, Mini Freeze, Game posters, String shelf, and Nraas_Overwatch.

So, I've come here to see if there's any fixes that I have not tried. Most of these threads I've seen were from 2009-2011.
    Hi :)
    Sorry to say, But if its the same stutter I'm thinking about then you will never fix it.
    I contribute it to bad coding/open world.. and the game being 32bit.. so really it will not use more than 3GB ram (mine never does.)
    It will stutter no matter what settings you have the game on, and will usually stutter more around fountains and pets for some reason. The stutter is the worst when scrolling from side to side, However when you zoom in close the stutter is not as bad.
    I have experienced this stutter on 3 desktops and 1 laptop, ranging from a Nvidia GTX 670oc to a radeon HD 5770 and a GTX 765M.
    I suspect some people notice it more than others.
    You can make your page filer larger on the drive that its installed on.. this may help as ts3 uses a fair bit of virtual memory.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• keplerinookeplerinoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I get the same stutter and my only mod is reshade to make my game brighter. when I first downloaded the game, the default graphic settings were "ultra" so I do not think my computer is struggling to keep up, especially because sims 4 is easier to run than ts3 ever was.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    keplerinoo wrote: »
    I get the same stutter and my only mod is reshade to make my game brighter. when I first downloaded the game, the default graphic settings were "ultra" so I do not think my computer is struggling to keep up, especially because sims 4 is easier to run than ts3 ever was.

Are you looking for assistance and are you playing TS3 now or TS4 (or both)? This is the TS3 section of the forum and this thread is from several years ago.

For tech help with TS3: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest (specifically for those with New Member status who are unable for start their own threads)

Tech help for TS4 has been moved to EA's AHQ forum.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net