March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    I feel like i woke up in an alternate reality where everything is backwards. Royal blue and green? somebody smack me so i can wake up
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I just updated the game and...I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. I'm kind of loving the new opening loading screen too. About to try out the story mode in CAS now.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    It's so bad.
    keep on keepin' on
  • ZacharyKhanZacharyKhan Posts: 3 New Member
    So here are my thoughts after seeing the changes in my game. The new plumbob, I don't hate it when I see it in game, out of the game it just doesn't look right. The loading screen is okay if the blue get's change to white. The new opening, I kind of like it, but I also really liked the old one. Lastly, the "Big Kahuna" of it all, the main menu. It's gross, and unnecessary. The green that they chose for stuff packs is too bright, the blue for gamepacks is actually quite nice, but the expansion need to go back to how they were before with their own unique colors. Also for the people who played the sims 4 since the beginning they could have at least left the splash art how it was in the main menu and just added the new cast of sims in their own art as well, there was no need to do Babs and the crew dirty like that.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Well I am glad that I saved the original shortcut icon, now I can just create a custom shortcut and change back to the normal icon...the new one looks so pixelated when it is resized down in my win10 menu.

zjjQufm.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I can vote now.
    I don't like anything about it.

The tiny pack icons look bad and horribly out of place with the normal UI.
    The plumbob in the loading screen has really jagged edge for some reason ?
    What is this, amateur hour ?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It looks awful. I was like "Uh ok" when I launched and got to the main menu. It was the loading screen that I found particularly hideous. And the cheap looking plumbob shortcut.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Eurgh, that all looks like windows 3.1 in 8bit colour.

Gosh, what an awful redesign. Hard bucketfill colouring, sloppy looking icon layout, nothing looks easy, contoured, or pleasing on the eye.
    The forum logo up top is just jarringly unpleasant now as well.

Indeed, it's so out of place..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    Meh.
    The new design doesn’t do anything for me, but whatever.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I feel like they're trying to appeal to teenagers/younger audience.
    • The rebrand looks more juvenile.
    • If you look at the clothes they added to BG with new swatches and the new hair, they fit well for teens.
    • The new sims on the new render look pretty young.
    • The sims on the render are holding cellphones, cameras...
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I hate it! I hope they notice that most people didn't like it and change it back. The old one looked fine to me and didn't need to be changed in my opinion.
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    It's just ugly beyond belief, and it looks like they've taken 5 steps back in design philosophy. UGH. It's like someone's high school graphics project.
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I really don't like it. The blue doesn't match anything in the game, what wre they thinking? And it's all WAY too saturated. There was nothing wrong with the last stuff! I liked it! it was pleasing on the eyes, this looks like my computer is having a mental breakdown! The last theme was calming but creative, this looks-- like you took MS Paint and filled in the triangles. There's no shading, there are pixels out of alignment, it's Disgusting
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • simrhinosimrhino Posts: 14 New Member
    How does everyone feel about them taking assets from packs to add to the base game instead of making new assets? The packs we bought are getting smaller.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2019
    Keep it! I like it!
    I liked the opening sequence with the rolling plumbob quite a bit.. that made me smile. The plumbob itself... I liked the old one better. The main screen is fine and I like the jumping llama/bunny they are cute. I did like the distinction more of the pack icons themselves before.. but I'll get use to that very quick. The load screen itself is much easier on my eyes as I didn't quickly cover them from the bright white.. I can actually look at it, it's still a little bright but better. Now the seasons screen seems too bright for me, but I only look at that with a new save.. and it doesn't make me cover my eyes from the glare.
    Since I don't buy the packages from the store or even look at them there.... the packaging has no sway over me.. I did like the packaging better before also. Then again I wish I was 20 years younger... I liked that packaging better too.
    Oh I like the direct links to the trailers.. not even sure if anything like that was there before though. That in itself makes me think I understand why they might rebrand/change things up. It was all old and comfortable and I didn't pay attention to it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    I really don't like it. The blue doesn't match anything in the game, what wre they thinking? And it's all WAY too saturated. There was nothing wrong with the last stuff! I liked it! it was pleasing on the eyes, this looks like my computer is having a mental breakdown! The last theme was calming but creative, this looks-- like you took MS Paint and filled in the triangles. There's no shading, there are pixels out of alignment, it's Disgusting

I love your signature pic! With all these great TS4 simmers making beautiful pics for their signatures, why not ask them to help with all the menu and packaging designs? EAxis can make a contest out of it! Or make it so that you can assign a whole folder of screenshots to be randomly shown as the loading screen! If Microsoft can do that as a screensaver, EAxis can easily do that as well.

PLEASE! The new designs are so ugly! My eyes and my sense of aesthetics are hurting!
  • malarkey malarkey Posts: 2 New Member
    I have sensory issues and the new loading screen gives me headaches, I have to minimise the window almost completely. The older to loading screen to me was also sleeker and more fitting to the sims 4. As for the new menu, it's also far too bright and also affects my sensory issues. But just judging the design, I don't quite understand what they were going for. I like the white background better, but I wouldn't have minded a coloured background at all! Just with more consideration to the brightness and the palette. It feels like the colours were selected at random, the green and blue crash terribly.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I hate it, but I think I'm going to get used to it.

However, seeing as it is posing a huge problem for a lot of simmers with sensory problems, they should honestly just get rid of it.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2019
    You know whats the worst part? Its not even if we think its ugly or not. The sensitive people issues should be listen tho! But if they intended to rebrand why don't they REBRAND completely? I mean... isn't weird having two different plumbobs in menu and a User Interface and all the rest of the game that doesn' match with the rebrand? Feels amateur or incomplete! How weird is the transition from all this features to the old white seasons or worlds menus? How weird is having a the dark blue logo just in there and in not anything else in the game? And the icons... they seem all equal! So uestionable. Lacks cohesion! Lacks identity! Looks like they never decided how the game UI should have been! It looks like a mix of two games now and that makes this design flop a lot to me.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    You know whats the worst part? Its not even if we think its ugly or not. The sensitive people issues should be listen tho! But if they intended to rebrand why don't they REBRAND completely? I mean... isn't weird having two different plumbobs in menu and a User Interface and all the rest of the game that doesn' match with the rebrand? Feels amateur or incomplete! How weird is the transition from all this features to the old white seasons or worlds menus? How weird is having a the dark blue logo just in there and in not anything else in the game? And the icons... they seem all equal! So uestionable. Lacks cohesion! Lacks identity! Looks like they never decided how the game UI should have been! It looks like a mix of two games now and that makes this design flop a lot to me.

OMG yes!

• EmskeebootsieEmskeebootsie Posts: 1 New Member
    I actually hate this update so much. I've never hated anything EA has done as much as this. Oh my god. Who thought this would be a good idea? The colours CLASH. The main colours! It looks like someone has inverted the colours for funsies. They need to fire their design team.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    More than anything I just hate the bland loading screens. The contrast between the plumbob and the blue is horrible and the blandness annoys me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    This is a classical case of "if it's not broken..."
    ...The white was perfect. Modern, simple, fitting.
    This is childish, sims 1 rebooted bull.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    I find the re-brand worrisome, and a bit insulting, honestly. Though I was never all too fond of the original TS4 cast, they were inclusive of not only ethnicity and gender, but also age. Granted, there was only one adult and one elder, but the characters were one adult and one elder more than can be found in the current cast. This current branding gives the impression that fun can only be had when you are of a certain (young) age.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    its not horrible, its just confusing...now instead of finding stuff easily in buy mode or cas I need to use the sort button instead.
    different colors make it so easy to find things...why change that?
    wasn't there ANY thing better to do? like...idk...fixing bugs?

-Yarden.