Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?
    1l7O84H.png

(the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

I reset CAS several times to see all of them and was wondering why I did not get the girl with the purple hair. When I realized that it was supposed to be her, I was quite shocked. I guess she is very photogenic. :D

I miss Babs L'amour lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    1l7O84H.png

I reset CAS several times to see all of them and was wondering why I did not get the girl with the purple hair. When I realized that it was supposed to be her, I was quite shocked. I guess she is very photogenic. :D

Graham said they're going to be uploading her (and the other new starter Sims) to the gallery, appearing as they do on the cover.
    edited July 2019

1l7O84H.png

They addressed that the reason the girl looks different is because "pre-made sims can't have unnatural hair" or some plum...seriously?? Then why didn't you just make her look like a red head to begin with...

I saw that but like she is 100% a different sim xD Her face shape, eye color and makeup are completely different than what she is like in the render. She looks like she was somehow hit with the ugly stick, that or hey used some serious filters on that render ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I really don’t give a plum about colours or main menus or even “new” CAS items poached from paid DLC.

But the lack of bug fixes makes my blood boil.

Yeah, I would have been mostly fine with everything if we’d gotten a decent amount of bugfixes.

Also it’s kind of annoying that there’s no story mode toggle in the options menu.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    1l7O84H.png

Graham said they're going to be uploading her (and the other new starter Sims) to the gallery, appearing as they do on the cover.

Just to be clear, the hair color does not bother me at all. I think she looks really pretty in the render and she looks awful in CAS. Some of the others are cute though, the sporty girl, for example. I rarely use Maxis Sims to play actively, so it does not really matter anyway.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    1l7O84H.png

Just to be clear, the hair color does not bother me at all. I think she looks really pretty in the render and she looks awful in CAS. Some of the others are cute though, the sporty girl, for example. I rarely use Maxis Sims to play actively, so it does not really matter anyway.

I agree.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    1l7O84H.png

I'm interested to see how the gallery version compares though; I agree with @Sigzy05 that there are a lot of differences. Obviously hair and makeup can be easily changed but I wonder if the facial structure will be a closer match.

Granted, they never look very good when they're just standing there staring.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2019

1l7O84H.png

I actually think they are looking good...well..except the last girl who are not looking at all like she does on the cover. Not sure what happened there.
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    I really dislike the new color scheme and design.
    It's confusing, and definitely unfair to people who click on things by habit.
    I hope this gets changed again or at least gets an option to change it back. It's making me uncomfortable.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

1l7O84H.png

Ugly as sin, good grief
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited July 2019
    logion wrote: »
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I don't really want to get caught up in this discussion, because there is no way to change anyone's mind who is upset right now, but they did add new swatches to the items before they added them to the Base Game. For free. And new swatches mean new outfit options. All of these packs have been out for years. And if the only thing that excited you about an EP like City Living were a couple of CAS assets than you probably felt ripped off long before today.

That doesn't change anything about the fact that some payed for it, and others didn't (a few new swatches don't change that). These items were advertised as exclusive content, it is just wrong to hand them out for free now. Does it really matter if they've been out for years? In that case they should just give all of the older packs away for free.

They should've added swatches to base game items to get those new outfit options instead of making already payed for content free all of the sudden.

I'm not defending EA, but the practice is by no means new -- they've given The Sims 4, which some people bought the premium copy of (which retailed I think at 70-80 bucks) for free just recently.

The Sims 4's packs will, pretty soon, retail for no more than 5 bucks. You're basically paying premium to get these products now, when they depreciate incredibly quickly.

I know, and I didn't complain because to be honest, I didn't care that much (and didn't read the forum because I didn't have the time). But coming in this thread today and reading how some think this is normal is quite the slap in the face. I don't care that much about what EA does, we are used to their tactics, whatever. But customers agreeing with it... is something else.

It is EA once again, testing the waters, to see if people are okay with it, to see if they can take existing content, give it some new colors and call it new. I hope that they will not test this with a paid DLC next. If they do, I hope people will speak up.

Well, they did use items from Spooky Stuff in Seasons. Did they do recolors or were they literally the same items? They didn't pass them off as new, but if you bought both packs, you essentially paid for the same items twice.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

1l7O84H.png

I actually think they are looking good...well..except the last girl who are not looking at all like she does on the cover. Not sure what happened there.

Lol girl on the right is a catfish :D
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I don't have the new patch stuff!
    edited July 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I don't really want to get caught up in this discussion, because there is no way to change anyone's mind who is upset right now, but they did add new swatches to the items before they added them to the Base Game. For free. And new swatches mean new outfit options. All of these packs have been out for years. And if the only thing that excited you about an EP like City Living were a couple of CAS assets than you probably felt ripped off long before today.

That doesn't change anything about the fact that some payed for it, and others didn't (a few new swatches don't change that). These items were advertised as exclusive content, it is just wrong to hand them out for free now. Does it really matter if they've been out for years? In that case they should just give all of the older packs away for free.

They should've added swatches to base game items to get those new outfit options instead of making already payed for content free all of the sudden.

I'm not defending EA, but the practice is by no means new -- they've given The Sims 4, which some people bought the premium copy of (which retailed I think at 70-80 bucks) for free just recently.

The Sims 4's packs will, pretty soon, retail for no more than 5 bucks. You're basically paying premium to get these products now, when they depreciate incredibly quickly.

I know, and I didn't complain because to be honest, I didn't care that much (and didn't read the forum because I didn't have the time). But coming in this thread today and reading how some think this is normal is quite the slap in the face. I don't care that much about what EA does, we are used to their tactics, whatever. But customers agreeing with it... is something else.

It is EA once again, testing the waters, to see if people are okay with it, to see if they can take existing content, give it some new colors and call it new. I hope that they will not test this with a paid DLC next. If they do, I hope people will speak up.

Well, they did use items from Spooky Stuff in Seasons. Did they do recolors or were they literally the same items? They didn't pass them off as new, but if you bought both packs, you essentially paid for the same items twice.

It's not like that. With Seasons and Spooky Stuff, they are two separate objects (that use the same asset) but with different recolours. I thought they'd do the same here but instead they patched it all up, literally the same item. If it was the latter I would be more ok with it since we'd still have the exclusive recolours. Still wouldn't make it right...but it would be better.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Chazzzy wrote: »

1l7O84H.png

Lol girl on the right is a catfish :D

Ahahaha totally lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    1l7O84H.png

I'm interested to see how the gallery version compares though; I agree with @Sigzy05 that there are a lot of differences. Obviously hair and makeup can be easily changed but I wonder if the facial structure will be a closer match.

I guess the gallery version could still be a surprise, but I think she needs some serious tweaking the way she shows up in CAS now. The top picture is what we got and the bottom is what I expected. I did not replace anything but make-up, the rest is just push and pull.

5eFYm9N.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Some of you are upset because they added a few items from packs into the BG? Are you serious?? It's only a few items... I'm glad they did this. Those who can't afford new packs have at least a few more items in their game to play around with.
    He/Him
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    nekotlc wrote: »
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull plum! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! plum move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!

Ok so one of items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Now let’s say today someone else who does not own the Fitness Pack patches their game and has the new update. This person will now have that same sweatshirt installed to their game because it’s now a Base Game asset and no longer associated with the Fitness Pack. So something you paid for in the Fitness Pack is now included in the game for free for someone else. That is the unfair part.

Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other back free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.

It's not fair to the people who did buy the packs, who paid actual money for them.

It is fair, in that you have had full use of the items for the months/years since the DLC was purchased. Nothing was taken away. Remember, it's only one or two items per pack that was converted to BG. That's not much. I certainly never buy a pack for one sweatshirt or bracelet.
    1l7O84H.png

I guess the gallery version could still be a surprise, but I think she needs some serious tweaking the way she shows up in CAS now. The top picture is what we got and the bottom is what I expected. I did not replace anything but make-up, the rest is just push and pull.

I like yours a lot more. :p

• Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    Now that i got to play this, i am also very upset that all the color schemes for the expansion indicators in CAS are suddenly blue.
    What the hell?!
    Who approved this, and WHY?!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Am I the only one that can't get the new build mode objects? I typed in bb.showliveeditobjects in the cheat box and checked the plants and rocks in my game and see nothing new. :(
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2019
    So... they didn't fix that iMac users issue where you have to reapply skin details to every single outfit your sim wears? :(
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    We’ve had some poor patches in the past, but this one certainly takes the cake.

Rather than focusing on how colors look like, what about the endless amount of bugs?

Seriously.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson