Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm actually happy they added more into the base game. Gives ppl without the packs some more stuff.

Actually it discourages them from ever buying packs. They can just continue to hold out and do without waiting for them to add in more things from other paid packs for free.

I disagree with this. It might make the game more fun and then they want more packs for it or as they would quit if it wasn't. It could go both ways depending on the person. Some people will pay because they want stuff sooner. And some people would never buy the packs either way cuz they can't afford it and now they can. To be honest I'd be happy if they give away entire free packs like get to work or something now that are older ones. Even though I only bought it myself 6 months ago (I'm usually broke and couldn't afford it earlier) . I consider the price I paid to cover for 6 months worth of play and be happy the other people can get it now too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Was the Missing Island Living Counter patched in?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

No. :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Apparently not. This update has been one of most underwhelming along with the gallery update, only saving grace imo is the stories. For others maybe not.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I don't really want to get caught up in this discussion, because there is no way to change anyone's mind who is upset right now, but they did add new swatches to the items before they added them to the Base Game. For free. And new swatches mean new outfit options. All of these packs have been out for years. And if the only thing that excited you about an EP like City Living were a couple of CAS assets than you probably felt ripped off long before today.

That doesn't change anything about the fact that some payed for it, and others didn't (a few new swatches don't change that). These items were advertised as exclusive content, it is just wrong to hand them out for free now. Does it really matter if they've been out for years? In that case they should just give all of the older packs away for free.

They should've added swatches to base game items to get those new outfit options instead of making already payed for content free all of the sudden.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Sad.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    They also patched in new swatches of the jade necklace with a blue stone (in gold, silver, rose gold and black).

oLwFfkg.png
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

Really annoyed that they continue to do this.

Wait they did what NOW??? Someone explain

If you’re someone who bought Get Together, Fitness Stuff, and certain other packs, you’ll notice that Sims on the new Base Game cover are wearing outfits from those other packs. These outfits are NOW included in the Base Game instead of those other packs. So basically if you’re someone who buys packs to get all the cool new outfits, they’ve removed some from the packs you already paid for.

I believe some time ago they patched in the Photography skill that originally came with Get To Work into the Base Game. So if you were someone who bought the pack for that, it could feel like a slap in the face. I know it did for me personally.

Instead of just designing new assets for the new Base Game cover Sims to wear, they took the cheap way out by reusing older assets and just giving them new color swatches.

Will be interesting to see if I like the original swatches more or if I prefer the new additions.

If basegame had gotten all the swatches from the pack it would be different.

Once in a while won’t bother me. I like to see the basegame getting better but bug fixes are much more appreciated by me.

Very happy with all the new items in buildmode! That will be fun to explore.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I don't really want to get caught up in this discussion, because there is no way to change anyone's mind who is upset right now, but they did add new swatches to the items before they added them to the Base Game. For free. And new swatches mean new outfit options. All of these packs have been out for years. And if the only thing that excited you about an EP like City Living were a couple of CAS assets than you probably felt ripped off long before today.

That doesn't change anything about the fact that some payed for it, and others didn't (a few new swatches don't change that). These items were advertised as exclusive content, it is just wrong to hand them out for free now. Does it really matter if they've been out for years? In that case they should just give all of the older packs away for free.

They should've added swatches to base game items to get those new outfit options instead of making already payed for content free all of the sudden.

If you are getting upset over clothes they gave free in other packs to everyone then I would think every paid DLC content you have you would feel ripped off. The packs don’t include just clothes you know.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Indeed. Nothing you or I say will change that you feel like something was taken away from you and I don't. I still have access to the same things I paid for. The fact that others have access to them as well does not make me feel bad. It's normal for two people to look at the same set of facts and feel differently about it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

If you are getting upset over clothes they gave free in other packs to everyone then I would think every paid DLC content you have you would feel ripped off. The packs don’t include just clothes you know.

I'm upset over all the non-clothing features they gave away too, don't worry.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019

I'm not defending EA, but the practice is by no means new -- they've given The Sims 4, which some people bought the premium copy of (which retailed I think at 70-80 bucks) for free just recently.

The Sims 4's packs will, pretty soon, retail for no more than 5 bucks. You're basically paying premium to get these products now, when they depreciate incredibly quickly.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I'm not defending EA, but the practice is by no means new -- they've given The Sims 4, which some people bought the premium copy of (which retailed I think at 70-80 bucks) for free just recently.

The Sims 4's packs will, pretty soon, retail for no more than 5 bucks. You're basically paying premium to get these products now, when they depreciate incredibly quickly.

And that's true for all games, and one of the main reasons I have to avoid Steam like the plague whenever they have a sale, hehe. I've bought a number of games and DLC that way because they were cheap and they weren't things I wanted to pay full price for originally.

The Sims content is something I AM willing to pay full price for, but I don't begrudge anyone getting it cheaper later on (or for free, if it happens to be offered).
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

And that's true for all games, and one of the main reasons I have to avoid Steam like the plague whenever they have a sale, hehe.

Of course, but it's even more frequent with The Sims 4.

As it is, expansion packs come out for 39.99, but there are sites when you can buy them, on release, for about 10 dollars off.

Indeed. Nothing you or I say will change that you feel like something was taken away from you and I don't. I still have access to the same things I paid for. The fact that others have access to them as well does not make me feel bad. It's normal for two people to look at the same set of facts and feel differently about it.

I don't feel like something was taken from me, when I opened CAS to see what was new, all I thought was "typical" and I got over it. But seeing how some people in here don't seem to understand how this is an unfair tactic does get on my nerves. What happened here was once again morally wrong of this company, but all people seem to think is "yay never paid for it and getting it for free now", even though others have been duped. It really isn't rocket science, it's quite easy to see how this is wrong.
    I never bought the first pet pack, if they would've only added something from this pack for free, I would completely understand anyone who is angry, upset, disappointed,... . Is it really that hard for people to just get that this is yet another rude way of EA to be treading a paying customer?

I know, and I didn't complain because to be honest, I didn't care that much (and didn't read the forum because I didn't have the time). But coming in this thread today and reading how some think this is normal is quite the slap in the face. I don't care that much about what EA does, we are used to their tactics, whatever. But customers agreeing with it... is something else.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

I don't feel like something was taken from me, when I opened CAS to see what was new, all I thought was "typical" and I got over it. But seeing how some people in here don't seem to understand how this is an unfair tactic does get on my nerves. What happened here was once again morally wrong of this company, but all people seem to think is "yay never paid for it and getting it for free now", even though others have been duped. It really isn't rocket science, it's quite easy to see how this is wrong.
    I never bought the first pet pack, if they would've only added something from this pack for free, I would completely understand anyone who is angry, upset, disappointed,... . Is it really that hard for people to just get that this is yet another rude way of EA to be treading a paying customer?

I own all the DLC, and I paid full price for most of the packs (and for the base game) upon release. I do not feel like this diminishes my ownership of those things in any way. I understand *why* some people are upset; I just don't agree.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I really don’t give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about colours or main menus or even “new” CAS items poached from paid DLC.

But the lack of bug fixes makes my blood boil.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

1l7O84H.png

(the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

I know, and I didn't complain because to be honest, I didn't care that much (and didn't read the forum because I didn't have the time). But coming in this thread today and reading how some think this is normal is quite the slap in the face. I don't care that much about what EA does, we are used to their tactics, whatever. But customers agreeing with it... is something else.

It is EA once again, testing the waters, to see if people are okay with it, to see if they can take existing content, give it some new colors and call it new. I hope that they will not test this with a paid DLC next. If they do, I hope people will speak up.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    logion wrote: »

It is EA once again, testing the waters, to see if people are okay with it, to see if they can take existing content, give it some new colors and call it new. I hope that they will not test this with a paid DLC next. If they do, I hope people will speak up.

This is paid DLC.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    logion wrote: »

This is paid DLC.

This was a free update, I mean that they would for example take clothes from other DLC and recolor it in the Moschino Stuff Pack.
    1l7O84H.png

I reset CAS several times to see all of them and was wondering why I did not get the girl with the purple hair. When I realized that it was supposed to be her, I was quite shocked. I guess she is very photogenic. :D

we all try ...
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

1l7O84H.png

They addressed that the reason the girl looks different is because "pre-made sims can't have unnatural hair" or some BS...seriously?? Then why didn't you just make her look like a red head to begin with...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I saw that too. Wonder why.