Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you annoyed that your DLC clothing is now added to base game for everyone

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
Using this poll to show how unhappy we are with the fact that we paid for items in DLC and they are now on base game available to everyone from the latest update.

Are you annoyed that your DLC clothing is now added to base game for everyone 399 votes

Yes
47%
Akl500PSimCrazyicmnfrshKita5399IdontrcallihavesorelegsnowIcewolfaprilrosesims2freak737nekotlcColorist40AprilDawnMylitaAlrynnIsb917BloosmooshellbemebabajayneCaitxcatSimQueenie9 189 votes
No (Even if I own the DLC)
52%
Bluegayleauroraael14tams2578Goldmoldarbrackencat31LaBlue0314bandit5alexspoom13alan650111IceyJstoryyBlkBarbiegalBunnyBoxers5SimmySimianstarrling33Katlyn2525PhierakittenStilettoBlackAnnie2008PlayerSinger2010 210 votes

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It doesn't matter to me, because I can't remember what comes with what anyways.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes
    I'll admit I was fine with the photography skill because there seemed to be a good reason for it (pet simstagrams), but this one doesn't feel justified. It's more of a cop out IMO
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Well, it kind of leaves a bitter note. I mean I'm happy for the newer players who don't own the DLCs (yet), because free stuff is always nice and the packs are expensive. But they're selling it as something new, even though it's been like forever in the game, and simply made it available for everyone.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yes
    I buy packs mainly for clothing and hairstyles. To remove them from packs when they don’t already have much is not fair. You’ve might’ve not bought a pack for that reason but some do.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Yes
    I'm just going to say yes, because it does feel really wrong and it also makes the developers look lazy for not creating brand new clothing instead...
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but not as much as some other players
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes
    Yes but mainly due to the stuff pack items. That’s just wrong I literally bought those packs for the items so why add any of them in the BG for free? That’s just not okay.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Yes
    I feel bad for those who purchased those packs like days ago before this update thinking they have these as a DLC and this update just robs them off
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I can understand being annoyed but I bought the packs mostly for the features so I don't mind that the clothes are being offered in the base game. Also I have practically 30GB of cc so I probably don't use a ton of the items tbh. I can see them reconsidering that in the future though.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I really don't care, honestly.
    C0gfE.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not really and I own all packs. I didn't pay money for whatever singular CAS item that happened to spot my eye. (Most of those I don't even use that got added.) Not to mention it also got extra swatches with it. I can understand others being miffed by it for sure, as they could have used whatever other base game clothing for the sims in the front cover, add new swatches to some of the base game clothing or just make something new would have also been better. The only thing that's very new is the female base game hair. The swatches are new for the clothing, yes but the item itself not so much.

Confused by this move? Yes. Enraged and irritated to go into every thread and complain about it? No.

I got so much stuff along with CC related clothing that gets lost among one another (since I can never tell what's new in base game since it's not labeled as new) I'm just pretty neutral to it all. Same way I felt to people complaining about others getting the game for free (or even ten dollars or less when it was on sale) when they paid for it when it first came out. I just sit there thinking... 'It's been five years though...?'

Life keeps on rolling and all I really want out of this game is just more depth to my gameplay and not more clothing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Let's say you go to McDonalds and buy a menu.

Some fries, a big mac, a coca cola, even nuggets.

A McDonalds employer comes to you, takes your nuggets and your fries away without even asking, and gives it to someone who hasn't even selected what they want to eat. How would you feel honestly?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    No, because it's a few random items out of literally thousands.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No, because it's a few random items out of literally thousands.

This. If it was a lot of stuff, sure, but it seems to be a tiny handful.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Doesn’t really bother me as it sounds like we get new swatches, carry on with your outrage!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    Not like anything we can do about it...but it is a petty move for sure...seems like a slap in the face to some people...-shrugs-
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am not too fussed, I mostly buy the packs for their new gameplay, its just a handful of items that people who can't afford all packs can now have, so yeah not bothered at all. Happy simming to everyone <3
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

A McDonalds employer comes to you, takes your nuggets and your fries away without even asking, and gives it to someone who hasn't even selected what they want to eat. How would you feel honestly?

That isn't what happened though... If they took it away from us it would be. But the people that paid for it still get it.

It'd be more like if the employer gave the next person in line the same thing as you and told them that they can have it for free even though you had to pay. actually, since he didn't give away the entire pack, it'd be like they said the person behind you could have one of those items for free

And the situation wouldn't bother me at all , I'd just be happy that they got it for free. But yes if the Sims were to take away the items from my game and tell me I couldn't have them anymore but the people that don't pay cut then I would be upset.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, I don’t mind, because my understanding is that, in addition to relocating the clothing, all they did was add swatches to the items for free. That is, you get the item with the game, but certain swatches only if you have the appropriate DLC pack. So the swatches are still unique to their respective packs. I also like the new swatches from what I have seen because they look good and we can always use more.

A few more free items in honour of the update would have been nice, though. Generally, I love the free items they’ve given us: I enjoy the holiday items and clothes, the Freelancer items and clothes, the toddler objects and CAS, the Pride stuff, and the Caribbean items and CAS.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That's a false equivalency. A more accurate comparison would be "you buy fries, a big mac, a drink, nuggets. A McDonald's employee gives a single free french fry to another customer." It doesn't mean I have fewer fries and it represents an infinitesimal proportion of my financial investment.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm actually not complaining for once, even though I totally understand why others are upset. And I would have rather had entirely-new stuff. But I usually buy those packs for meaningful gameplay changes, like tents and camping, the fame system, restaurants, instead of the clothing. So it's like whatever to me. I still got what I wanted from those packs. (Even if the execution is often flawed, but that's another story.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    Yes
    Wait, sorry, I voted before I really understood the whole situation. Was every piece of hair and clothing from every expansion, stuff pack and gamepack added? Or just main expansion cas items? I didn't actually know about this!
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Wait, sorry, I voted before I really understood the whole situation. Was every piece of hair and clothing from every expansion, stuff pack and gamepack added? Or just main expansion cas items? I didn't actually know about this!

Neither. There was like 9 items, one from each of nine different packs, might have been more or less than 9 but somewhere around there, that were added to the base game with new color swatches. The swatches that were in the DLC Packs were not included in the base game just the new ones along with the item
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top