Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Thank god we get to keep Babs, Ollie, and all the others in our Library.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Dang.... I was not hopeful, so how do I feel this disappointed?

Welp, guess it is continued (since May) offline mode until next month, not that I am very hopeful for that month either :(
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I didn't like the update when they announced it and I still don't like it now that it's in my game. However, has much as I dislike the new re-brand, that is nothing compared to what they've done with the "new Base Game items".

I'm really insulted that they would strip items out of packs that I've already bought and just put them out as Base Game. I paid with my own money for that content, so I fail to see how that's fair at all. What's the point in buying DLC if they're just gonna take original items out of the packs and put them in the Base Game? I couldn't be more disappointed with this move.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.

Wow not using it as an excuse. Just being informative because I’m tired of people saying X didn’t get fixed because this new thing was added. They don’t correlate with each other at all and have different budgets. The new additions did not cause less to be fixed. I’m not saying the amount of bugs is okay because it isn’t and I’m very sad that so little was addressed. But the new items and the rebrand did not cause less to be addressed that’s what I am pointing out. Sometimes it’s as simple as the fix wasn’t ready. As upsetting as it is now I’d rather have good fixes than bandaids that may break the game further (I am aware fixes still can do this just saying the issues added would be worse if they didn’t take a little time).

Repeating....
    I am pretty sure there is a head person in charge that release are filtered through. I am telling that person to get it together. I doubt that random departments are just releasing without communicating.

I understand that thank you. Repeating again for me as well and trying to explain it better......
    Say you have three departments in charge for the latest patch. You have marketing for the rebrand, development of some sort for the in game changes and QA for the bug fixes. Those departments do probably work together to get patches like this out and different overall heads to make overall decisions of what’s being released when. With bug fixes though it is solely based on what they have fixed. It isn’t based on what other departments are doing. When you have a team in charge of fixes that is literally all they do. What the developers do does not effect what is fixed. We’ve had updates significantly bigger than this with a massive amount of fixes. This one just didn’t as I’m sure the fixes weren’t ready. That’s all I can say about it. I’m not defending anyone here just trying to be understanding.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.

Wow not using it as an excuse. Just being informative because I’m tired of people saying X didn’t get fixed because this new thing was added. They don’t correlate with each other at all and have different budgets. The new additions did not cause less to be fixed. I’m not saying the amount of bugs is okay because it isn’t and I’m very sad that so little was addressed. But the new items and the rebrand did not cause less to be addressed that’s what I am pointing out. Sometimes it’s as simple as the fix wasn’t ready. As upsetting as it is now I’d rather have good fixes than bandaids that may break the game further (I am aware fixes still can do this just saying the issues added would be worse if they didn’t take a little time).

Repeating....
    I am pretty sure there is a head person in charge that release are filtered through. I am telling that person to get it together. I doubt that random departments are just releasing without communicating.

I understand that thank you. Repeating again for me as well and trying to explain it better......
    Say you have three departments in charge for the latest patch. You have marketing for the rebrand, development of some sort for the in game changes and QA for the bug fixes. Those departments do probably work together to get patches like this out and different overall heads to make overall decisions of what’s being released when. With bug fixes though it is solely based on what they have fixed. It isn’t based on what other departments are doing. When you have a team in charge of fixes that is literally all they do. What the developers do does not effect what is fixed. We’ve had updates significantly bigger than this with a massive amount of fixes. This one just didn’t as I’m sure the fixes weren’t ready. That’s all I can say about it. I’m not defending anyone here just trying to be understanding.

Couldn't they at least reassure people that there is a bug fix patch in the works...?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2019

Repeating....

Couldn't they at least reassure people that there is a bug fix patch in the works...?

Well of course they could and should but they won’t. All they do is occasionally post on the HQ forum for save files and occasionally respond to twitter users saying they are investigating certain things. I hope my assumption that fixes weren’t ready is correct. I can’t see why the would hold out on bug fixes. Just hoping we don’t have to wait two months for another patch.

Just a happy add on: I did see that simgurunick posted on the report for simulation lag that said that they are working very hard on a fix for it and that it will eventually be patched.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am not bothered at all by the rebrand and got used to it in about 5 minutes. I feel bad for everyone who gets headaches, but I am sure there will be a mod out soon enough. I am also not bothered by the fact that they added items from packs to the base game and I like the new swatches. This was obviously all done to attract new players.
    Just for everyone who does not want to update their game yet, another pic of some of the "new" assets. On the left the hair from Dine Out has been added to BG, the bracelet from Seasons, the top from Get Famous and the bottom from Dine Out (new swatch), which go together very well. On the right the new hair (which I think is fine), the jacket from Get Famous (new swatch, I adore all the new swatches of this jacket), the skinny jeans from City living and the boots from City Living.

zA4m7Cj.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull 🐸🐸🐸🐸! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! Crappy move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Personally the new plumbob with the white logo looks pretty good.
    nxp1hHB.png

The blue logo looks pretty off. It reminds me of the first sims game, but is seriously needing that white outline around it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    nekotlc wrote: »
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull plum! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! plum move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!
    What? There’s no buying again. BG means base game, The sims 4. They mean some items been made base game instead of requiring a pack.
    edited July 2019
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull plum! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! plum move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!

No, it means that they were DLC, but now they're included with the Base Game. So anyone who bought the packs when they were still DLC has now been robbed.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019

Ok so one of the items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Now let’s say today someone else who does not own the Fitness Pack patches their game and has the new update. This person will now have that same sweatshirt installed to their game because it’s now a Base Game asset and no longer associated with the Fitness Pack. So something you paid for in the Fitness Pack is now included in the game for free for someone else. That is the unfair part.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2019

It means that originally you had to buy a DLC to get those items, but now they have been made available to anyone with the base game (BG) - so any player. Therefore even if you don't have City Living, you can now use a particular jacket that came with it, for example. They have made this change to a few clothing items from various packs.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think it's just the new swatches that are BG, you still need those packs to have access to all the original swatches.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Personally the new plumbob with the white logo looks pretty good.
    nxp1hHB.png

The blue logo looks pretty off. It reminds me of the first sims game, but is seriously needing that white outline around it.

When the logo is white, it works better. I think the dark blue just clashes with it too much.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm really happy that they fixed the camera control issues. I'm disappointed they didn't fix the need for Mac users to add skin details to every outfit. I like the new hair, but I thought they were adding more than just one item.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member

It means that originally you had to buy a DLC to get those items, but now they have been made available to anyone with the base game (BG) - so any player. Therefore even if you don't have City Living, you can now use a particular jacket that came with it, for example. They have made this change to a few clothing items from various packs.

That's just stupid what EA has done! I'm glad I waited til there were huge sales to buy most of this stuff! and here I thought banks were the only money grubbing leeches you have to deal with in life...!

That's just stupid what EA has done! I'm glad I waited til there were huge sales to buy most of this stuff! and here I thought banks were the only money grubbing leeches you have to deal with in life...!

Again...we are talking about a dozen or so clothing items and I think a hairstyle. Not game mechanics, not new worlds, not entire build/buy catalogs.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Isn't this just great you guys?! No need to spend money on future packs considering they're adding payed for "exclusives" to the basegame! They're encouraging us to save our money instead of throwing it away, they are such nice people! :heart:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Ok so one of items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Now let’s say today someone else who does not own the Fitness Pack patches their game and has the new update. This person will now have that same sweatshirt installed to their game because it’s now a Base Game asset and no longer associated with the Fitness Pack. So something you paid for in the Fitness Pack is now included in the game for free for someone else. That is the unfair part.

Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other packs free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.
    Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    EA doesn't deserve any more of my money. Especially in the case of stuff packs, which are already largely devoid of content... I don't even own Fitness stuff but I feel for those who do. And they've got the nerve to advertise this as "new" content. Honestly, I'm trying my hardest to like this game but they really don't want me to.

Again...we are talking about a dozen or so clothing items and I think a hairstyle. Not game mechanics, not new worlds, not entire build/buy catalogs.

It's the principle of the thing.

I get that, but EA is not going to start releasing huge swaths of DLC content for free unless they are absolutely convinced they can't make another dime off selling the DLCs themselves. I find that highly unlikely.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm actually happy they added more into the base game. Gives ppl without the packs some more stuff.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Ok so one of items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other back free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.

It's not fair to the people who did buy the packs, who paid actual money for them.