Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Oh they changed the logo on the top of the forums as well. This dark blue over a green background....not a fan.

OH NO! IT HAS STARTED! :s It looks so weird ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    Oh they changed the logo on the top of the forums as well. This dark blue over a green background....not a fan.

It would have looked better if they put a white border around it.

You can change the background to white, but it'll burn your retinas off lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I don't know if I should laugh or cry the bitter tears out.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    :O Holy crap they actually changed the forums...I WAS RIGHT...omg it looks horrible
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I too have ASD and no, glasses will not fix the issues I get from loud colours. I only ever experience these intense migraines with lime green and that god awful hyperlink blue. I’d even go as far to say the majority of people I’ve seen talking about this (here, discord, tumblr and reddit) do not like it either. Why couldn’t they have at least chosen an agreeable colour? Or give us the option to keep the white? Absolutely awful.
    Ok I am not calling it...but I am starting to get a headache...is it because I keep seeing that change on top of the forums....? -shrugs- But I am getting one.
    Yeeeeaahh, I went away from the computer and my headache quit...most def. it...

OH and what a pathetic patch, so few little bug fixes....-rolls eyes-
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think it looks nice, as far as menus and loading screens go. You can still cycle through the pack-based screens, the packs themselves are still listed and there's a happy freezer bunny and llama in the lower right corner. While this is no doubt the longest period of time I will spend on the screen, I still think it's an improvement.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

The warnings about flashing lights on some computer games only apply to photosensitive epilepsy. It's a relatively uncommon type of epilepsy, but the warnings are commonplace on films and games, so I can see how people may think it's a feature of all epilepsy.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I just noticed it as well. It looks very 1950's
    giphy.gif/spoiler]

Sometimes I wish this forum implemented a LOL reaction icon like Facebook does! LOL! :D
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I must admit that the opening screen and the menu screen is not the best as it does not jump at you as the last one. It looks very cheap and look like it was done to save money as it is for the rest of the game but you still pay an lot for. It just fall in line with the rest of the game for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I was not aware that Windows 95 was from the 1950's. Quite the branding error.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That's why it looks so weird to me. Without the white outline the logo just seems unfinished.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Frankly, I’m pretty offended by some of the outright ignorant and insensitive comments in this thread toward people will chronic neurological conditions.

As someone at high risk for developing epilepsy and who’s struggled with migraine since a very young age, I am not at all impressed with the behavior of some people in this “community.”

A large portion of our lives is spent adapting and overcoming the cards we were dealt as far as our health. To imply, or outright state, that we should just not participate, or try to participate, in parts of life that everyone else has the luxury of enjoying is shameful and insulting. As has been explained, there is no single set of triggers for an epileptic episode. Migraine is no different. What triggers a migraine for me may have zero effect for the next person-it’s part of the reason they are so difficult to treat. There are also multiple different types of migraines!

Implying that we our outcry for consideration is whining is selfish and uncaring.

The blinding colors are an obvious problem and a super simple and cheap fix! It takes 10 seconds to adjust the saturation on a solid color graphic!

I honestly don’t care how ugly the stupid interface, or load screens, or box art is. I would just greatly appreciate it if the saturation could be toned down to a non-migraine inducing shade.

Agree 100% I find it sickening that some people don't take this seriously :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Echova wrote: »
    I too have ASD and no, glasses will not fix the issues I get from loud colours. I only ever experience these intense migraines with lime green and that god awful hyperlink blue. I’d even go as far to say the majority of people I’ve seen talking about this (here, discord, tumblr and reddit) do not like it either. Why couldn’t they have at least chosen an agreeable colour? Or give us the option to keep the white? Absolutely awful.

Then you are not getting migraine glasses - because they do work. They almost totally eliminate the issue.

https://www.eyedolatryblog.com/2018/01/prescribing-glasses-for-migraines-and.html

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SmileSluntSmileSlunt Posts: 39 Member
    The redesign is such a mistake. Talk about an assault on the eyes.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Echova I also have ASD and I completely agree. Those colors make me feel like I’m staring directly into the sun.
    edited July 2019
    Actually the 50;s was pale citrus and pastels not bold or wet and wild colors. That grew big in the 70's after tie-dye of the late 60's. But according to designers Bold and in your face color is back and the rage - even in house and gardens mag they were talking about it. I must be stuck in the 50 then as i love pale, soothing hints of a little color - pastels is my thing. Nothing bright or wild - just soft and comforting.

EA is just going ultra modern then... I guess. Something could be said for the old days - less color, less anger I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

5VZPUxT.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I was not aware that Windows 95 was from the 1950's. Quite the branding error.

Bill Gates was born in 55 so not hardly.
    LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

OMG my new favorite yt simmer posted her thoughts...makes me so happy I was waiting for her input because she delivers like it is!!

https://youtu.be/47qm95whlvA
    OMG my new favorite yt simmer posted her thoughts...makes me so happy I was waiting for her input because she delivers like it is!!

https://youtu.be/47qm95whlvA

I liked how she broke down the new redesign choices, and compared with the older games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Just played a bit with the new update. I think it looks alright. Totally unnecessary of course, but I have no complaints.