Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

Wait...What items did they remove? And that hair is kinda' ugly, ngl.

The cap from GTW is now BG.
    The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG.
    A bracelet from Seasons is now BG.
    A shirt from Backyard stuff is now BG.
    A hair from Dine Out is now BG.
    A sweater from Fitness Stuff is now BG.
    Basketball shorts from Parenthood are now BG.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

But...but why??

....why not? It seems a bit silly to me but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 7 items from among the entire library of packs.

The packs have little enough content as it is without taking stuff OUT.

They're not gone.

Honey, you payed for these items, at least I did. For them to be patched is a slap in the face. "It's only 10 items" well they keep this up and we are going to have all of the items from all the packs we paid be put in the BG. I'm sorry but I can't be this passive about it.

I didn't invite you to call me "honey."

You can spend your energy on this if you choose to but it's an attitude I neither respect nor support.

I didn't meant to offend with the "Honey", I guess it's just a normal thing to me, I'm sorry.

But I honestly can't be this passive. Today is the hand tomorrow is the entire arm. Knowing how EA handles things, it's not going to stop, not to mention how small SP's currently are, some of them have been made even smaller in content with this update. In no time they'll be charging 10$ for just the one gameplay item. It's just not ok.

No worries...just a bit of a hot button for me, which you would have no way of knowing.

I'm honestly not concerned about the items, and I really could take or leave the rebrand, but I am increasingly frustrated by the large and growing number of bugs that never get seem to get addressed. I find it particularly frustrating when an old bug gets fixed after an extended period of time and then shows up again and seems to start the clock over from the beginning. And as much as I appreciate (or don't mind) patches that add new items or change things up, I would really prefer to see changes/content that come hand in hand with a visible and concerted focus on fixing the existing issues with the game. In fact, I'd rather see patches dedicated solely to technical fixes.

Yes, the bugs really bother me as well. And I haven't played vampires in a while....I wanted to, but they keep being bugged.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

Really annoyed that they continue to do this.

Wait they did what NOW??? Someone explain
    Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Great now people will start using these background objects in their builds and they said in the patch notes that because they’re not supposed to be used, the Sims will walk right through them. Didn’t hear them mention this in the Maxis Monthly.

That sounds all kinds of irritating and ugly to me smh

I don't see the point in being given these objects to use on lots if they're not optimized for use on lots.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I wonder how many people will develop migraines from that awful process blue loading screen? I'm so thankful I recently bought a faster computer or else I might be one of them...
    Great now people will start using these background objects in their builds and they said in the patch notes that because they’re not supposed to be used, the Sims will walk right through them. Didn’t hear them mention this in the Maxis Monthly.

I don't see the point in being given these objects to use on lots if they're not optimized for use on lots.

Exactly! Either make it so Sims can't walk through them, or don't release the cheat! Why is that so hard?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019

zPcriOv.png

If you’re someone who bought Get Together, Fitness Stuff, and certain other packs, you’ll notice that Sims on the new Base Game cover are wearing outfits from those other packs. These outfits are NOW included in the Base Game instead of those other packs. So basically if you’re someone who buys packs to get all the cool new outfits, they’ve removed some from the packs you already paid for.

I believe some time ago they patched in the Photography skill that originally came with Get To Work into the Base Game. So if you were someone who bought the pack for that, it could feel like a slap in the face. I know it did for me personally.

Instead of just designing new assets for the new Base Game cover Sims to wear, they took the cheap way out by reusing older assets and just giving them new color swatches.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people will develop migraines from that awful process blue loading screen? I'm so thankful I recently bought a faster computer or else I might be one of them...

I have had a horrible headache the whole time I keep looking at the front page. And it stopped briefly when I went to fix breakfast.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Disappointed , I've been excited to try the new CAS story type, but that menu screen, thank goodness it's only for a short moment because I couldn't stand to look at that long, not happy that folks, and I own all packs, paid for game packs and some of us, im one, at full price just to have parts of those now free with base game, talk about a slap in the face, glad toddlers will be fixed, mine last night had 2 toys stuck to her, one in each hand.

Vampires needed to be fixed again, hope they truly were, but restaurants are something pretty much everyone uses in their games and it seems like no one can use them, at all. I understand they have teams working on diff parts, maybe it's time to add more folks to the bug fixing team, make sure you have a good working product. I was over the moon about witches this Fall, but will it even be playable?

Spoiler from the future: Witch offspring can't do magic.

That's so not cool, if vampires can have offspring become vampires and get the abilities, why can't witches, why did they do that? Ugh!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Instead of just designing new assets for the new Base Game cover Sims to wear, they took the cheap way out by reusing older assets and just giving them new color swatches.
    This is why I try not to have high expectations for new content.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

zPcriOv.png

If you’re someone who bought Get Together, Fitness Stuff, and certain other packs, you’ll notice that Sims on the new Base Game cover are wearing outfits from those other packs. These outfits are NOW included in the Base Game instead of those other packs. So basically if you’re someone who buys packs to get all the cool new outfits, they’ve removed some from the packs you already paid for.

I believe some time ago they patched in the Photography and Baking skills that originally came with Get To Work into the Base Game. So if you were someone who bought the pack for that, it could feel like a slap in the face. I know it did for me personally.

I have a brilliant idea. How about they just patch all new content into the base game and stop charging us money?
    Disappointed , I've been excited to try the new CAS story type, but that menu screen, thank goodness it's only for a short moment because I couldn't stand to look at that long, not happy that folks, and I own all packs, paid for game packs and some of us, im one, at full price just to have parts of those now free with base game, talk about a slap in the face, glad toddlers will be fixed, mine last night had 2 toys stuck to her, one in each hand.

Vampires needed to be fixed again, hope they truly were, but restaurants are something pretty much everyone uses in their games and it seems like no one can use them, at all. I understand they have teams working on diff parts, maybe it's time to add more folks to the bug fixing team, make sure you have a good working product. I was over the moon about witches this Fall, but will it even be playable?

That's so not cool, if vampires can have offspring become vampires and get the abilities, why can't witches, why did they do that? Ugh!

It was a joke. XD I didn't mean to scare you, sorry.

Oh! lol, well given their own reputation it was believable, lolll

Oh! lol, well given their own reputation it was believable, lolll

That's why it was funny. ;)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

Wait...What items did they remove? And that hair is kinda' ugly, ngl.

The cap from GTW is now BG.
    The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG.
    A bracelet from Seasons is now BG.
    A shirt from Backyard stuff is now BG.
    A hair from Dine Out is now BG.
    A sweater from Fitness Stuff is now BG.
    Basketball shorts from Parenthood are now BG.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

But...but why??

....why not? It seems a bit silly to me but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 7 items from among the entire library of packs.

The packs have little enough content as it is without taking stuff OUT.

They're not gone.

Honey, you payed for these items, at least I did. For them to be patched is a slap in the face. "It's only 11 items" well they keep this up and we are going to have all of the items from all the packs we paid be put in the BG. I'm sorry but I can't be this passive about it.

If I am not mistaken they already did the same to one of the toddler hairs from toddler stuff (when I got it, it offered 6 hairstyles but one of them shows as BG now) . And of course the photography skill.

Kind of makes the packs less valuable. Now if they would patch something in for a specific pack in return, it would not bother me so much.
    And if it is a trend of giving the stuff later, what's the point of buying any packs, maybe folks will just keep waiting to see what gets put into base game and now they've given less incentive to buy packs for many folks
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I really don't understand people's problems with the new art. I think it's beautiful, when I started up my game I was like wow. It has life now before it is was white and bland, I remember people complaining about it back then, now they change it and people still complain. Ha Anyway, my rant aside I can't wait to get playing. Awesome job, Sims team. <3

Because art can be viewed subjectively?

I think the new plumbob is ugly, but it's not a big deal for me. I'm fine with the main screen and new style overall. No strong opinions for me either way though, and nothing to get bent out of shape over because what really matters is gameplay and in-game features.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    And if it is a trend of giving the stuff later, what's the point of buying any packs, maybe folks will just keep waiting to see what gets put into base game and now they've given less incentive to buy packs for many folks
    Reminds me of when Sims 4 was given away for free briefly a few months/weeks ago. If there is a Sims 5, I definitely will not make the mistake of buying it at launch!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Toddlers still won't eat full meals. I started a new game and tested it. Toddler stopped eating when his hunger bar was only half way full. He put the plate down and I had to ask him to eat it again. I really wished this bug would've been fixed.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Toddlers still won't eat full meals. I started a new game and tested it. Toddler stopped eating when his hunger bar was only half way full. He put the plate down and I had to ask him to eat it again. I really wished this bug would've been fixed.

I know. I have to watch my toddlers like a hawk when they're eating; it's that or I give them food and they get taken away anyway.
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    SimCarlex wrote: »
    adduapina wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to use the new cheat? Does anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

It's not working for me either... or maybe we're doing something wrong. Help... anyone? :)

Here's how to make it work:
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/07/16/the-sims-4-how-to-find-over-1000-new-environment-objects-in-build-mode/
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

Yeah they just fixed the things getting stuck in their hands, which is nice butttt this hunger issue is really annoying too. Guess I still won’t be playing my 100 baby challenge 😢.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Not a fan of the fact that they e made a bunch of items we paid for base game items now :/ why did they think this was okay?
    Not a fan of the fact that they e made a bunch of items we paid for base game items now :/ why did they think this was okay?

Because they didn't pay for them.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    For those of you having issues with the world objects cheat, there's a bug report on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Entering-in-the-new-cheat-does-not-unlock-anything-new/m-p/8026134/highlight/false#M146068

Sooo, a new thing they added with a patch is bugged from the get-go? Why am I not that surprised...

What? Why in the plum did they add them then :#