Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Is there a setting to help my Global Superstar's wife from having meltdowns every time a female fan flirts with him and he responds?

No Jealousy? Then again, I think I have that on, and my jealous sim still occasionally has fits if her husband talks to anoyne but her in a group. She's also only a 2-star.

when i started my legacy the first time my sim yelled everytime her boyfriend talked to a girl. poor guy couldn't even order coffee.

they worked it out but i can't say how cause its against the rules.

My current heir actually got mad at her own son once. I was hoping higher relationship bars would calm her down. She does seem to be worse around strangers.

i also once had roomates in sims the female was non commital i can't remember if she was a townie or npc i moved in but she kept rejecting my sim then i give up and get him with someone else where hes happy and she got totally jealous. and then wanted a relationship with him.
    so i got them together.

both stories were things that happened in my legacy. come to think of it the exact same family/ i recntly found my orginal legacy family.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited July 2019
    Is there a setting to help my Global Superstar's wife from having meltdowns every time a female fan flirts with him and he responds?

You can turn off random flirting here:

MC Tuner > Change Interaction Behavior > Stop Random Flirting

Set it to True.

If it's the jealousy you want to squash (rather than the flirting in the first place), you can cheat the 'Player' Serial Romantic aspiration reward trait:

Enable testing cheats in the usual way, then type into the cheats console:

traits.equip_trait Player
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member

Set it to True.

If it's the jealousy you want to squash (rather than the flirting in the first place), you can cheat the 'Player' Serial Romantic aspiration reward trait:

Thank you! I do think part of her problem stems from the Road to Fame mod, so I'm hoping I can quash her jealousy. :) I presume I give her the Player trait. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member

Set it to True.

Thank you! I do think part of her problem stems from the Road to Fame mod, so I'm hoping I can quash her jealousy. :) I presume I give her the Player trait. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The player trait means no one gets jealous of them. So you'd want to give it to your Global Superstar.
    image.png

Set it to True.

The player trait means no one gets jealous of them. So you'd want to give it to your Global Superstar.

Thank you. I tried giving it to her, but it didn't seem to do anything. :open_mouth: I'll see if I can get it to work on him.

Also, I was poking around taking a look at the options on this mod and came across 'mark for death'. What does that do, exactly? Anyone?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member

Set it to True.

Thank you. I tried giving it to her, but it didn't seem to do anything. :open_mouth: I'll see if I can get it to work on him.

Also, I was poking around taking a look at the options on this mod and came across 'mark for death'. What does that do, exactly? Anyone?

Meas you can make a sim die early. One of the types is old age, but there's also overexerttion, lightning, and all the other posisble ways for a ism to die. Unlike Kill sim, it doen'st happen right away. I haven't actually used that one yet, but I have used kill sim.
    image.png

Set it to True.

Meas you can make a sim die early. One of the types is old age, but there's also overexerttion, lightning, and all the other posisble ways for a ism to die. Unlike Kill sim, it doen'st happen right away. I haven't actually used that one yet, but I have used kill sim.
    Thank you. I did go ahead and clicked on it. Then I was able to make my Global Superstar a Player. I've yet to see his wife calm down, but she's not over her original mad, me thinks. I wanted to remove her from the 'mark for death', but now I can't find the path. How do I get back to untick it? I tried the Unmark_ sims name D, but that got thrown out as invalid. Face/palm. HELP. I no longer wish for Meghan to die early. Sometimes, punching or clicking things can get us into trouble. :open_mouth: This is why curiosity killed the cat …
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i wonder if the debug features will still work after tuesday.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    For some reason I keep having an error logged, when I checked the files it says,” line 990, in inject_post_route_clothing_change index error: tuple index out of range..”

what exactly does this mean? could it be outdated cc.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »
    For some reason I keep having an error logged, when I checked the files it says,” line 990, in inject_post_route_clothing_change index error: tuple index out of range..”

what exactly does this mean? could it be outdated cc.

Some sort of animation error, if it happens again see if you can pin down what your sims were doing to get a lead on something to investigate. It's the one of those script errors, which are very non-specific; some candidate mods we've seen around for this error:

simulation lagfix
    everyone can nap in chairs (foamimi)
    pets auto fill hygiene (yakfarm)
    woohoo is exercise (candyd)

If you don't have those I'm afraid you'd need to do the 50/50 to find the cause.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • flavouredsimflavouredsim Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi!
    Just here to report that MCCC Hotfix 6.3.2 creates the audio sound-loop in my game. All showers, sinks, inside water noises stack in kitchen and bathrooms and the same outside with the harvester on weeds. I have no other mods except the NoIntro one!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    @flavouredsim Have you tested you game with MCCC but without No Intro? If so, does the problem still occur?

ETA: Just from a cursory look on mod the sims, it looks as though the No Intro mod hasn’t been updated since 2017 so that may be your problem, either because it was broken with the last patch (as a lot of mods were) or because it’s clashing with MCCC.
  • flavouredsimflavouredsim Posts: 12 New Member
    @MaggieMarley I tried it with and without the No Intro, reset the sims folder and tried again. The sound disappears when I delete localthumbcache, but reappears as soon an you use the items again, stacking as you use them repeatedly. This happens regardless of the No Intro-mod being active or not while MCCC is active.

No worries, I'll play mod free until there's an update! Have a nice day!
    Hi!
    Just here to report that MCCC Hotfix 6.3.2 creates the audio sound-loop in my game. All showers, sinks, inside water noises stack in kitchen and bathrooms and the same outside with the harvester on weeds. I have no other mods except the NoIntro one!

Haven't heard of an issue like this so far. Besides what @MaggieMarley suggested, you might try a folder refresh. It's a pretty good method to get rid of many issues, so give it a try. Just in case you don't know what to do, here is a how-to from @crinrict:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    @flavouredsim weird! Do you have any CC? And does it happen in a new save? I suppose it’s possible that MCCC isn’t installed correctly. Sorry I can’t be more help.
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    When I open MCCC dresser, blacklist items, all I see are hair, facial hair and eyebrows. There is no option to blacklist the turban, zany accessories or lurid outfits my sims insist on wearing when my back is turned.
    Is there something I should be doing that I've missed?
    Susim62 wrote: »
    When I open MCCC dresser, blacklist items, all I see are hair, facial hair and eyebrows. There is no option to blacklist the turban, zany accessories or lurid outfits my sims insist on wearing when my back is turned.
    Is there something I should be doing that I've missed?

You might have a look at those dresser tutorials:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mccc-dresser-1-25959692
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mccc-dresser-2-26006984
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mccc-dresser-3-26097356

It's patreon, but those posts are for free. No membership or registration required.
    ATTENTION - Incoming Patch!

There's an update dropping for the game today. Whether or not your mods will work will probably require patience and testing. You have two options to play the game, either revert to a vanilla game, or disable automatic patching.

What if I want to play the game without mods?
    Move your Mods folder to your Desktop and keep it there until your mods are either confirmed working or patched to work if needed.
    IMPORTANT: Create a new save. If you load an old save without the CC/mods that were in it, not only will your Sims look bald, naked and afraid without all their CC, but if you were to save over that, then your save would be irreparably damaged. Easiest to start fresh instead of ruining your save.

And what if I want to disable patching?
    If you would prefer to sit on the 1.52.100 patch until you get the all clear, go to the settings in the Origin app, disable Automatic Game Updates and Participate in Origin Client Betas, and switch Origin to Offline Mode. Watch the common sims 4 websites and your favorite modders' internet presence for status reports, updates, and other news as necessary. Once all of your mods are confirmed working and/or updated for the patch, bring Origin back online and update the game.

A good start for information might be @luthienrising's broken mod post here in the forums:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962954/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-19-cas-stories-patch/p1?new=1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    "bald, naked and afraid" Bahahah! Thanks, I needed that!
    I heard some buzz about this patch, but until reading this didn't know when it would drop. Again, @Bonxie, thank you for the heads-up! I can't explain how much I appreciate all that you do for us regarding MCCC and the patch issues! You are a treasure, to be sure. :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Bonxie is there a way to blacklist an item (ie a hat) that only appears on a situational outfit (Ie the Sims protesting?) but yet you can't access the MC during that "protesting time"?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited July 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Bonxie is there a way to blacklist an item (ie a hat) that only appears on a situational outfit (Ie the Sims protesting?) but yet you can't access the MC during that "protesting time"?
    You might try the console command (Shift+Control+C) "MCCC <first name> <last name>" to show a sim's MCCC menu, even if the menu is not accesible. It opens the MC Command Center Sim Menu for the specified Sim. Several benefits including running it on Sims that aren’t clickable (ghosts in Relationship Panel), Sims that aren’t on the current lot or known by the active Sims, and also giving access to the dialog to users playing with Sim Menus turned-off. The name is optional. Without a name the command opens the MCCC menu of the active sim.

With "MC_Settings" you can open the computer MCCC menu without a computer in reach.
    "MC_Cheats" opens - you may guess it - the mailbox MCCC menu, even with out a mailbox.

Is MCCC working with the new patch?
    As far as I can see at the moment: Yes. But as always: make a backup of your game data before testing. Better safe than sorry.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    You might try the console command (Shift+Control+C) "MCCC <first name> <last name>" to show a sim's MCCC menu, even if the menu is not accesible. It opens the MC Command Center Sim Menu for the specified Sim. Several benefits including running it on Sims that aren’t clickable (ghosts in Relationship Panel), Sims that aren’t on the current lot or known by the active Sims, and also giving access to the dialog to users playing with Sim Menus turned-off. The name is optional. Without a name the command opens the MCCC menu of the active sim.

With "MC_Settings" you can open the computer MCCC menu without a computer in reach.
    "MC_Cheats" opens - you may guess it - the mailbox MCCC menu, even with out a mailbox.

Is MCCC working with the new patch?
    As far as I can see at the moment: Yes. But as always: make a backup of your game data before testing. Better safe than sorry.

@Bonxie this is my active sim that's protesting..and she's wearing a "Space helmet"
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top