Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Eurgh, that all looks like windows 3.1 in 8bit colour.

Gosh, what an awful redesign. Hard bucketfill colouring, sloppy looking icon layout, nothing looks easy, contoured, or pleasing on the eye.
    The forum logo up top is just jarringly unpleasant now as well.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    Love the new forum banner! 🥰
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    Love the new forum banner! 🥰

your not the only one @simgirl1010 i love the new banner as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Does anyone else see the new box art and think "text book cover" or is it just me?

It reminds me of my math books in highschool.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I don’t care about the layout, but the new color scheme gives me a headache.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2019
    eewwwwww they changed the forums OMG it looks so CHEAP AND UGLY!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    eewwwwww they changed the forums OMG it looks so CHEAP AND UGLY!

It looks really weird. It seriously does not fit with the game's graphics and artstyle. It's like putting a 2D animated character in a 3D animated movie.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I love that they are trying to keep it looking fresh. There are a few small changes. I am worried about the blue loading screen. I am glad that they are trying though and they can't please everyone. A rebrand like this was going to upset a lot of people regardless of how it actually looks, because people can really dislike major changes like that. Plus there are so many simmers that if they each asked us what we wanted to see it would be a mess.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ngl, but I feel like this would've been a better redesign for the packs...

bWIc4sc.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Packaging would look better if they left white as the primary color. Nothing wrong with the layouts, but the colors aren’t good. Plumbob is awful. Looks like they took it from a graphic novel, and it doesn’t fit with the aesthetic of the game. Not sure why anyone would OK the plumbob specifically given the highly stylized art Sims 4 has.

They redesigned the main menu, again, to put all the DLC right in front of your face. I think it is beyond tacky to have the “build a bundle” directly on the main menu of the game. Is that how EA is preparing players for micro-transactions?
  • altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    hermionia wrote: »
    munroele wrote: »
    I love it! I do admit it is very Gen Z, hence most likely why i like it so much, buuuuut it suits me. Maybe a dark mode option/colour blind option for those who need/desperately hate it, but I love it. It can stay!

it is very gen z??? as a gen z i feel offended lmao... this thing stepped right out of the 90s

I'm Gen Z, and the younger characters, the bright colours and more strong graphics appeal to me a LOT! 90's and 80's everything is making a comeback, and this is wicked. I adore it.
    I'm also a veteran Sims player, having played Hot Date as a kid on my aunt's computer, but maaaan this new update makes me want to play again after getting bored. I know I'm in the target market for the Sims 4, so if I like it, surely other people my age (22) and younger will love it too, which is what the marketing team would want.

i'm 23 and i think it's hideous :/
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    just patch the game and i love the new look its very pretty and easy to read as well also love the blue loading screen
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Must say I just opened the forums, “Oh, wow, what, ah, yes, the Change...”, I quite like the dark blue on the green background. For my eyes it’s friendly.

(ETA, lol, ok, not everyone agrees I see :mrgreen: )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    the new header looks better with a white background versus a green one. Just my personal taste.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Already got a headache from the forum changed...because my head quit hurting when I went away and fixed breakfast and came back it started again...thanks EA/
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    I don't understand...why on earth was this done?

Am I missing something?
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    this looks terrible.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2019
    isleroux wrote: »

Am I missing something?

I think they ran out of colours to use for the pack logos. It's also 5 years after the TS4 released and it's still going to be around for quite a while, so they decided to rebrand. Usually around this time a new Sims game is released, but TS4 is far from finished. All the Sims on the new cover art are young adults, so they may also be looking for a younger audience. I'm 21 and I don't like that - the old cover art represented more ages and body types and the new one doesn't represent the game well (can Sims only be millennials who use their phones, socialize and eat cookies?).
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    isleroux wrote: »

Am I missing something?

I think they ran out of colours to use for the pack logos. It's also 5 years after the TS4 released and it's still going to be around for quite a while, so they decided to rebrand. Usually around this time a new Sims game is released, but TS4 is far from finished. All the Sims on the new cover art are young adults, so they may also be looking for a younger audience. I'm 21 and I don't like that - the old cover art represented more ages and body types and doesn't represent the game well (can Sims only be millennials who use their phones, socialize and eat cookies?).

It has nothing to do with the colors. A previous comment I wrote listed all the other possible colors. It has everything to do with marketing. I assume that sales have been dropping recently so they rebranded to appeal to innocent young children/preteens up to teenagers.
    Techbilt wrote: »
    the new header looks better with a white background versus a green one. Just my personal taste.

SMK92cf.jpg

m8Pu1e8.jpg

I’m fine with both.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2019
    In addition, EA is PATCHING IN PAID CONTENT into the base game. This includes:

- 2 Get Famous tops
    the one with the jacket that Vanessa wears
    that really baggy shirt

- 1 top from Fitness Stuff (?)

- 1 top from Get Together (?)

- 1 hair from Dine Out
    the one with the swoopy bangs

- 1 pair of pants from City Living
    the jeans with a floral pattern

And there are more that I don't know of.

These are stuff that customers PAID FOR and the new players get them for free? But that's not the part I'm bothered about. I'm bothered about the fact that these packs now hold less value with fewer items that you're paying for. This coupled with the fact that they are not taking these items out of trailers, means EA is almost SCAMMING new customers. I am outraged but not surprised.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    hermionia wrote: »
    In addition, EA is PATCHING IN PAID CONTENT into the base game. This includes:

- 2 Get Famous tops
    the one with the jacket that Vanessa wears
    that really baggy shirt

- 1 top from Fitness Stuff (?)

- 1 top from Get Together (?)

- 1 hair from Dine Out
    the one with the swoopy bangs

- 1 pair of pants from City Living
    the jeans with a floral pattern

And there are more that I don't know of.

These are stuff that customers PAID FOR and the new players get them for free? But that's not the part I'm bothered about. I'm bothered about the fact that these packs now hold less value with fewer items that you're paying for. This coupled with the fact that they are not taking these items out of trailers, means EA is almost SCAMMING new customers. I am outraged but not surprised.

1 top plus the leggins from Fitness Stuff
    1 hat plus 1 pair of sneakers from GTW
    the skinny jeans plus boots from CL
    1 hair and pants from Dine out
    1 top from Backyard stuff
    the basketball shorts from Parenthood
    1 bracelet from Seasons
    2 tops from Get Famous

These are all the items they patched into the game that were in previous packs, that we paid for. There might be more, but so far it's what I can immediately tell. It amounts for a total of 13 pack patched items.

How many items does a SP have? I'm not a lawyer but I think EA actually owes me a 10€ SP for this. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    I paid €60 for the basegame, imagine how I feel. But yeah, they are clearly trying to attract new players by being Santa Claus, then hoping they’ll buy more once they start playing. I know for a fact that it works, because a simmer I know from the past, a Sims 3 addict like me, recently contacted me and said she’d downloaded the basegame for free. And bought GTW because just the basegame was too empty. And she’s considering buying more. Can’t say I blame her, I’ve done the very same thing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh god that awful blue Sims logo is now plastered on the forums too...it clashes terribly with the background color.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Can't vote, as my response isn't either extreme. I'm not a fan, primarily because of the colors (deep blue a la bucket fill and the pack colors look off to me). That said, I looked at the new pictures on a cell phone and they looked much better there. Is this rebranding looking for the mobile app-type crowd? Because it does look better on a smaller screen. On my PC the colors are ... dangerous.