Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Give us more pool stuff!!

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited April 2019
    True. I wouldn't mind having a curved pool shape tool, choosing the depth (they look very deep to me) and adding stairs to some pools. But I mostly miss gameplay items.
    To this day, I still don't understand why they keep ignoring pools and poolside activities and items. Not even Seasons added anything to them!

I think their holding them back for either an island paradise ep or a pool stuffpack.

But it's just that they are completely ignored even decor wise. Very few packs added trims, pool lights, or ladders for example.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Even Sims 1 had a pool slide and a flat diving board.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2019
    My huge pools in my mansions are so sad... Where are the slides, flat diving boards, air mattress, balloons for the pool, games in the pool etc?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What I find strange is looking at luxury mansions that have rooftop pools that don't interfere with the lower floor yet it buggers a lot up if it was done in the game.
    2quwd7.gif

• TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Pools also look very boring at this point, it would be great if we could add curved pools, change pool depth (shallow end and deep end) or have the ability to have stairs to enter the pool instead of a ladder.

IMG_5009.jpg

pool-stairs-1.jpg

wedding-cake-steps.jpg

A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Pools also look very boring at this point, it would be great if we could add curved pools, change pool depth (shallow end and deep end) or have the ability to have stairs to enter the pool instead of a ladder.

IMG_5009.jpg

pool-stairs-1.jpg

wedding-cake-steps.jpg

That would be awesome. And actually nowadays stairs are the norm, at least where I come from.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited April 2019
    Yes!!

IMG_5009.jpg

pool-stairs-1.jpg

wedding-cake-steps.jpg

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I agree! Pools could really be improved and have been neglected recently.

Curved pools
    latest?cb=20130706084430
    latest?cb=20190102200350

Pool waterfalls
    9191469188_46d81a52ca.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2019
    We really need curved pools and more features. Remember when the players were so upset with no diving boards in The Sims 3? Well it came in a free patch before Seasons and after 4 years we still don't have that in The Sims 4.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I would love a pool bar :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

We have the one from Get Together but we don't have a "flat" simple one, for some reason.
    We really need curved pools and more features. Remember when the players were so upset with no diving boards in The Sims 3? Well it came in a free patch before Seasons and after 4 years we still don't have that in The Sims 4.

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Freeplay gets all the fun stuff
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

Ok, we now have floats and lounge chairs FINALLY! It's a start, now they need to improve the lounge chairs so sims can actually read or talk while lounging. Also more interactions with floats would be nice, like splashing a sim that's on a float, or flip over the float (anyone with a sibling experienced that!). Also we still need pool water slides.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    If it came with a pool party, I'd buy a pool themed stuff pack. If it came with a swim based athletic aspiration, I may even pay full price for it.
  • shoosha_4realshoosha_4real Posts: 17 Member
    I would love to see some waterfalls and slides and different ways of creating a pool, like infinity pool and pea shaped those kinds of realistic things we are seeing in builds. Hope it's in an update soon. #shoosha
  • VioletBookwormVioletBookworm Posts: 2 New Member
    Totally agree! and lots of good comments I agree too in here! maybe some sort of beach/pool stuff expansion that adds more options for pools, pool wear, toys maybe? And it would be really cool if sims could just go swimming in rivers or at the beach. There's beautiful beaches in Windenburg, which could make for more special interactions with groups. There's docks that come off the water there that you can't do anything on. It would be cool to be able to dive off them like a diving board! :)
  • VioletBookwormVioletBookworm Posts: 2 New Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    > I would love a pool bar :)

Yes!! Potentially a whole pool club with the get together expansion? amazing! Pool dates with the bae, or a floating bar at home? 10/10
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes please Developers pools are lacking.

Edit
    Atleast floaties and swimming on back were added and kissing in water if you have Island Living which can be done in pools.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I have a question: was public pool as a lot type patched in for everybody or is it exclusive to GT owners? I find it strange that no other world except Windenburg has a pool (except Selvadorada, but that's also no pool lot). That would explain why pools are so neglected and so badly coded since Seasons (nobody uses indoor pools in winter).
    I didn't have it in my games until I got Get Together.
    I have a question: was public pool as a lot type patched in for everybody or is it exclusive to GT owners? I find it strange that no other world except Windenburg has a pool (except Selvadorada, but that's also no pool lot). That would explain why pools are so neglected and so badly coded since Seasons (nobody uses indoor pools in winter).

edited July 2019
    flat diving board
    sunken hot tub
    pool steps
    pool bar
    pool fountains
    regular and very large pool slides
    pool party
    pool waves
    learn to swim

loungers and floats need more things to do like

drink
    read
    chat

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

Yes it was patched in December 2015. It's also strange that the homes in oasis springs have no pool. I mean it's supposed to be really hot there. But pools were also patched in later in the game. At least we can change the lot types.

I hope we get a pool stuff pack with everything mentioned here.

Part of the stuff mentioned should come in a free update such as:

* learn to swim
    * better loungers with multitasking
    edited July 2019
    hopefully we get a pool pack in the future

IMG_5009.jpg

pool-stairs-1.jpg

wedding-cake-steps.jpg

That would be awesome. And actually nowadays stairs are the norm, at least where I come from.

agreed, its a nice modern look to pools

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

It was patched in.