Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Oh, okay, I guess because I'm a new member I can't post pictures yet :( too bad. I'll come back tomorrow or try to make the required amount of comments or whatever is needed to get rid of that new member status.
  • thegalaxymarsthegalaxymars Posts: 24 Member
    @chips46 Thank you for quoting :) , so i guess it wasn't working right for others as well
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    remember, a true tiny home must be movable
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Ok, so here's the one I built last week. 'Moveable' is subjective (I've seen very large trailer houses being moved!), but if you translate this to real life and realize that the bedroom is actually a loft without the bulky stairs and not a second floor, I think it's realistic that it could be moved. It's also supposed to have an outdoors shower and toilet, but because the Sims need privacy when showering or using the toilet I had to wall them off.

I'll try my hand at one that fits the challenge a bit better!

T4ZkvmC.png

sP9ZKgr.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Made one got bit carried away with different theme :joy:

Magic Town Tiny House

(the photos died so replacing with gallery photos)
    also that tv is not placed properly on the side table since it was not possible then
    00.jpg
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GuyC_UKGuyC_UK Posts: 22 Member
    Some Great Mini Homes here 💜
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Not really a build to show but maybe you tiny house enthusiasts can help me.

I built a "boat" for the Ngata family and there is a lot, I mean a lot, of social action failure going on there.
    It's reasonably spacious, it's a normal house on foundations, not the second story lowered to float above the water trick, yet they can barely talk to each other standing up. Some actions are fine, most aren't, and they don't even try to find a bigger space, they just yell at me and cancel.
    Is it normal ? I don't remember social pathfinding in small spaces being this dumb before.
    Fas9dQ4l.png
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    @happyopi This doesn't really help you but since buying Island Living pack, I've noticed the same. I don't know did the pack cause it or the patches we've been getting. My simmies sometimes behave strangely even outdoors where there are tons of space without any obstacles. They seem to always try to find somewhere to sit and "chat" and cancel actions, if they need to stand up like for hugging, kissing etc.
    edited July 2019
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    @happyopi This doesn't really help you but since buying Island Living pack, I've noticed the same. I don't know did the pack cause it or the patches we've been getting. My simmies sometimes behave strangely even outdoors where there are tons of space without any obstacles. They seem to always try to find somewhere to sit and "chat" and cancel actions, if they need to stand up like for hugging, kissing etc.

for me my sims wont sit down and if they sit down holding a book to read it they just forget the reading part and drop the book (like ok mood thats me forgetting to do everything all the time but still please respond to commands)

also this occured after getting IL so it seems to be something with the ep
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

for me my sims wont sit down and if they sit down holding a book to read it they just forget the reading part and drop the book (like ok mood thats me forgetting to do everything all the time but still please respond to commands)

Yes, have that as well. It's hard to get them to sit down and read without them just discarding the book, if there's a table, same with kids' homework. However, they seem to sit and read just fine, if there's no table close by. Also with eating... they keep discarding the plate or changing places where to sit in middle of eating without any apparent reason. Some other thread also mentioned in mid-air objects and items stuck on sims' hands, especially toddlers' saying it was due using bb.moveobjects cheat. I haven't seen any difference in behavior within a build that had MOO used or in a build that didn't have any cheats whatsoever used.

Simmingal wrote: »

Yes, have that as well. It's hard to get them to sit down and read without them just discarding the book, if there's a table, same with kids' homework. However, they seem to sit and read just fine, if there's no table close by. Also with eating... they keep discarding the plate or changing places where to sit in middle of eating without any apparent reason. Some other thread also mentioned in mid-air objects and items stuck on sims' hands, especially toddlers' saying it was due using bb.moveobjects cheat. I haven't seen any difference in behavior within a build that had MOO used or in a build that didn't have any cheats whatsoever used.

MOO comes in with 2 types of floating objects problems that I would not really consider bugs

1. would be just objects disappearing causing ''floating objects'' like you placed stereo on table it does not belong on
    and then dragged wall somewhere close to the room the table or stereo might disappear
    because it thought its not supposed to be there because objects ''collide''
    (this is because objects usually change placement when you edit room bigger or smaller
    some reason tho it seems to also mind the surrounding rooms with some objects tho)

2. would be that you used height adjustment to place object on shelf or something
    like for example toddlers tablet and then your toddler uses it and places it elsewhere
    but the height adjustment did not change so thats why it floats

if it is neither of the 2 it is not caused by using MOO i think

haven't really had objects stuck on my sims hands (other than when i used mods)
    i think floating objects is probably part of the overall odd object placement problem
    like my sims love putting plates and books on top of computers for some reason
    but this been a thing long before IL too tho
  • 7d3h7d3h Posts: 36 Member
    Wow all the work here is so inspiring!!
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2019
    Here is my tiny tow-behind house:
    08-05-19-7-54-28-PM.png

08-05-19-7-53-15-PM.png

08-05-19-7-53-59-PM.png

08-05-19-7-53-40-PM.png

08-05-19-7-00-52-PM.png
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Great builds! I'm new to the forums, so I can't post any pictures yet, but you see mine in the Gallery. User Name Taoron24121
    Tiny House in the woods, on stilts. I wanted to add more trees and landscaping, but I also wanted to keep it around $10, so this is what I came up with.

UtlQ7Ge.png

3AputhM.png
    New Tiny Home. Modern Tiny. #NoCC

zEysXMT.png

Zo5M0rs.png

fNhtN3U.png

Xo6o7eJ.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I am happy to report that I no longer have pathfinding failure in tiny spaces after the latest patch !
    I did last night. I made a tiny house and a loft within the roofline. The Sim could go up the stairs and use the items I placed in there, but could not come back down, despite all my efforts to convince her to do so. I wept.
    Tiny Bungalow #NoCC

1zqo2P8.png

78vVI5m.png

QCc2ilX.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2019
    New to building so please excuse the (probably) newbie question but how big is a tiny house? I've made two 6x6 home lots, not very good though. Thank you :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    edited August 2019
    Typical in real life, is around 8' wide max. I always try to plan (I don't always succeed) for 3 Squares wide, or roughly 9', if it is going to be transported on a Highway. Length,...whatever I can get away with. The Bungalow above is 5x9. The Modern before that is 5x7 with a 3x3 Office outbuilding. I think anything In real life, anything under 400 sq ft would be considered tiny. So, yes, a 6x6 is perfectly fine, being roughly 325 sq. ft.
    This one is 3x8, but there's a loft for the bed.

W8OJaOq.png
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    > @Mightydan said:
    > Well, here it is. I tried to go as cheap as possible but ended up having to pay for some decor.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is supposed to be a wooden panel, rather than a wall.

The trains are so cute! Love, love, love this idea!
    > @SpecialKH said:
    > Here is my tiny tow-behind house:

Cute! Where did you find the truck? Is that from an expansion pack? Fairly new player here and brand new to the forum so still have so much to learn.
    > @Archer_Girl said:
    > Shabby Chic She Shed
    >
    > I'm terrible at creating tiny spaces so even though this is a very small build it took me a quite a bit to perfect it.
    >

Wow! Both the exterior and interior are beautiful. I especially love the landscaping.