Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding old Medieval Game to Origin

IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
Hi!

I don't know if I can do this, but I bought Sims Medieval when it came out, but I never (I don't think) added it to my account. I have the game disk and box and code. I was trying to put it on Origin so I could play on my laptop that does not have a disk drive.

When I put the code in Origin it recognized it as Medieval but said I couldn't install there and sent me to my Sims 3 profile.

I tried to put the code in the sims 3 registration box, but there are more numbers/letters than there are slots for it.

Is there any way I can add my old Medieval game to my Origin account so I can play it on my laptop?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Geeze, I wish I knew! Sounds like an oversight. I'd roll down to the bottom of this page and follow the link to Customer Support. I would think that someone there would be able to help you register your game so you can load it via Origin.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    thank you, @Sindocat!

I will try that.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Curious to see how it ended out? Have the same issue.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Hi @Hejix

I've put in on the backburner. Thinking about just purchasing it fresh from Origin since it's just about 20 dollars I think. I've been busy with work and haven't played much on the computer lately.

Hope you figure it out.
    They said you couldn't buy it on Origins because the game was "sunset". They added the base game, but they couldn't find my redeem code for the expansion and asked for a proof of purchase... that was years ago. Geez. Oh well, I'll stick to my discs for now.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I bought my Deluxe TSM game on Origin in 2012, and still have the receipt for the Deluxe and all the codes for DLC that came with Deluxe. However a few months ago I noticed that Deluxe was grayed out when I checked my Origin account.

Okay this should be easy, I thought... I contacted customer support with the proof of my purchase, and told them to add Deluxe back to my purchases. However the CS person (and I contacted two different people a month apart) said that because of the Sunset situation, the game cannot just be added back to my Origin downloads. WHAT? It seems to have to do with the way CS has limited access to do something like return my game.

They offered me a discount code in case I wanted to buy it again. No way. I already purchased rights to use Deluxe download and the discount code was something like 10 percent discount for any game I wanted.

What the net situation is right now... although Deluxe was removed from my downloads, both TSM and P&N are both in my downloads. AND if I download the game, I do have the extras such as the new throne rooms and such. IOW, although I can't download Deluxe, I still have access to the extras I had acquired when I bought Deluxe.

But still, the Origin updates have continued to remove Sims expansions from (TS3) Simmers who bought their games directly from EA or ORIGIN years ago and registered them with Origin. They are finding they need to repurchase their games. It's criminal. It's very frustrating. You guys have my sympathy.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    Wow, quite unfair @SemaviLady. With the proof of purchase, they shouldn't have given you any trouble. ;(

For my case, my husband managed to find the receipt in his Amazon's history. A miracle. Got both games now on Origin.
  • arethamorcearethamorce Posts: 2 New Member
    humm I think it's not posible
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    I bought my Deluxe TSM game on Origin in 2012, and still have the receipt for the Deluxe and all the codes for DLC that came with Deluxe. However a few months ago I noticed that Deluxe was grayed out when I checked my Origin account.

Okay this should be easy, I thought... I contacted customer support with the proof of my purchase, and told them to add Deluxe back to my purchases. However the CS person (and I contacted two different people a month apart) said that because of the Sunset situation, the game cannot just be added back to my Origin downloads. WHAT? It seems to have to do with the way CS has limited access to do something like return my game.

They offered me a discount code in case I wanted to buy it again. No way. I already purchased rights to use Deluxe download and the discount code was something like 10 percent discount for any game I wanted.

What the net situation is right now... although Deluxe was removed from my downloads, both TSM and P&N are both in my downloads. AND if I download the game, I do have the extras such as the new throne rooms and such. IOW, although I can't download Deluxe, I still have access to the extras I had acquired when I bought Deluxe.

But still, the Origin updates have continued to remove Sims expansions from (TS3) Simmers who bought their games directly from EA or ORIGIN years ago and registered them with Origin. They are finding they need to repurchase their games. It's criminal. It's very frustrating. You guys have my sympathy.

They also have removed my Medieval from a reason I don't know, and fooled me by saying it seems available in my library. Still, I cannot see Medieval in my library, since I'm not blind, they're really horrible.
    Also, they have disabled some of my TS3 packs from another stupid reason that I couldn't get, told me to contact with wherever website I have purchased them from. Fortunately I managed to get my money back for the missing packs, but Medieval.
    If Medieval was available on Steam, I would definetly have purchased it from there.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can only suggest that you keep trying to get support for your issues. It's hard to be patient sometimes, since many of the CS personnel speak as if they're on programmed robotic scripts of what to say; what not to say.

Keep on trying.
    In my case, I always had copies of purchase receipt (even email MTAs/headers that have the names of the EA network machines), receipt number and dates, any associated emails with EA/Origin, case numbers if I'd complained before. Documented everything. I took screen shots of my Store Account screens, sent all to the case number account --- So I'd have quite the arsenal of proofs for TS3 games that Origin messed up on. Usually by the second time I did live chat (I always used live chat, not email, not phone), I'd get what I wanted, often coming through with my WIN, after connecting with another actual TS3 SIMMER who is also an employee. It's getting harder now to connect with an actual Simmer... but they are still out there... give it a try. And lucky as I got, I sometimes got 1000 sim points of credit for the Sim Store (TS3) for a legitimate mistake made by Origin particularly if the game involved came with 1000 sp. I'd get a repeat of the freebie again.

This just did not work for me on Medieval. The email copy that they should have had appeared to be missing on their end. Bad business security practices? Infuriating.

If anything, see if you can get TS2 Ultimate for your troubles, if you don't already have it.

Good luck!

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I had the exact same problem a few months ago and ended up having to speak to two different people. After I explained my situation and everything I did twice in tedious detail, the CS rep just gave up and placed the game in my library. The whole thing took about five and a half hours but I'm just happy to have my game back.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Well if I hadn't deleted my G2A account, I would have also done the same thing :(
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I would do a medieval expansion where there is a new world in which there are medieval lots and you have to live off the land no cellphones and other clothes are available.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Unfortunately for me, I couldn't reinstall my old disk of Sims Medieval onto Windows 10. However, I was able to get & install the online complete Deluxe of Sims Medieval for only $20.00
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had the same problem but I contacted customer support and they asked me to take a picture of the disc and code and added the copy to my library for free. I already had Pirates & Nobles as a digital copy but the base game was on disc.