Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Renato10 wrote: »
    I went to a local store and I founf Island Living behind of all the other packs that were there. IL is the only one who already have the new design. Maybe the store employes found the pack the ugliest of all of them and decided to hidde it. I mean... its the new EP and it was hidden behind all of the others xD
    Seriously... this is ugly! And I am sorry for people that collect physical copies. The collection will look really weird now!

mVc5mZm.jpg

That looks so strange, it looks like something you would cut and paste together, "Island Living Expansion Pack" looks larger than "theSims4" and they both look so out of place on the colored background.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Also, is it normal for it to be in a mix of languages? I'm in Spain but haven't been to the store (where I live, we have one big chain store) in the past few days to see if the rebrand has hit here yet, but the box versions I bought in the past were all written in Spanish, they weren't a mix of English and Spanish. Yeah, it looks lazily put together for sure.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I went to a local store and I founf Island Living behind of all the other packs that were there. IL is the only one who already have the new design. Maybe the store employes found the pack the ugliest of all of them and decided to hidde it. I mean... its the new EP and it was hidden behind all of the others xD
    Seriously... this is ugly! And I am sorry for people that collect physical copies. The collection will look really weird now!

mVc5mZm.jpg

Weird it was hiding lol. I know I am in the minority but I really love that look for it! I just buy digitally though so my opinion on it doesn't count I'm sure haha
  • nynuwenynuwe Posts: 3 New Member
    I like the new plumbob and the new box art. However, I feel there is an oversaturation. The menu screen feels less tidy and somehow less dynamic as well. It's not all horrible, but this feels like it got rid of the best of the previous design and tried fixing what wasn't broken. I will miss the unique icons for the content packs.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2019

mVc5mZm.jpg

I swear to god this looks like an awful bootlag copy. xD
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2019
    Finvola wrote: »
    Also, is it normal for it to be in a mix of languages? I'm in Spain but haven't been to the store (where I live, we have one big chain store) in the past few days to see if the rebrand has hit here yet, but the box versions I bought in the past were all written in Spanish, they weren't a mix of English and Spanish. Yeah, it looks lazily put together for sure.

Im from Portugal and as you can see in the picture I shared the name is in English! All the instructions and descriptions are in portuguese! When it comes to the game we choose whatever language we want.
    This happened with The Sims 1 and The Sims 4 because theres no European Portuguese in both this games unlike both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. If someone find an entire translated in Portuguese cover it will be Brazilian Portuguese. I don't know how it works really but maybe in Spain is the same and the entirely Spanish covers are from Latin America? I don't know!
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

mVc5mZm.jpg

For some reason it doesn't look like an EP cover to me. It doesn't even feel like it's part of a game with that design. It looks like some weird dvd movie lol If TS4's logo wasn't there, I wouldn't even know what it was about.

It doesn't even look like a hollywood movie either it looks like a knock off of a hollywood movie. But at least it looks less heavy than it did in the Maxis Monthly.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

mVc5mZm.jpg

For some reason it doesn't look like an EP cover to me. It doesn't even feel like it's part of a game with that design. It looks like some weird dvd movie lol If TS4's logo wasn't there, I wouldn't even know what it was about.
    It looks like when I create my own CD with songs I like and then make a cover using Paint.net or Word. Including the poor printing quality. It just doesn’t look professional to me somehow, it looks self made.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    The rebranding is so unnecessary and it looks tacky and so cheap, what a horrible decision. They don't really care what we think anyway.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't particularly like it, but it will probably grow on me. I think the reason they did it is because after Island Living, they have used all the colours of the rainbow for pack logos and don't know what other colours to use for upcoming packs (and it seems like there will be MANY of them). I would just like the blue background to be green, but looking at it again, it's not that bad IMO. Also, someone might make a mod for it.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

mVc5mZm.jpg

I swear to god this looks like an awful bootlag copy. xD

That's what I was thinking.
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2019
    im glad i hated sims 4 from early on, i would hate to have bought disc versions of this game and have to see this change on my shelf when all my other previous sims games that are still on my shelf had their own themes. i always hoped that some day i would find reason to like this game, but now im glad i was disapponted. that shelf is full anyway, so atleast i didnt have to start a new one lol
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not a fan. I'll explain :

Main menu :

I don't dislike the logos themselves, it's the Colors.
    I personally am not a fan of the turquoise, blue, green and purple together for the logos. The white background I'm ok with, but why didn't they keep the EPs colors ? Like, for Cats and Dogs, the red paw on a white background, for island living a yellow palm tree, etc ? Like they did for GPs with the blue.
    As I said on another thread, I use the colors to help me navigate through the build/buy catalog, when I look for a specific item, so it would have been more practical that way.
    Also the blue they chose for the main menu is a bit too flashy for me, but that's just me.

Covers :

Again, I like turquoise as a color, but why chose it for EPs covers background ? It feels weird. Same for GPs and SP. Doesn't appeal to me, but I'm entitled to my own opinion.

The plumbob doesn't bother me more than that.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I don't dislike the layout or the rebranding.

HOWEVER. The colours are absolutely ugly. Way oversaturated and will probably end up hurting my eyes. Why couldn't they choose a more subtle blue like TS3 for example? Also I don't like the EP's losing their individual colours. This could have easily been encorporated in the rebrand. My final problem with this is the pack designs, they look cheap and nowhere near as appealing as the current ones do.

I'm okay with the plumbob though. Everything else is just a big no.
    edited July 2019
    The second one is exactly what I meant. I looks so much nicer to me !
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    The one above is so ugly!
    Someone on twitter made a redesign:

D_UjfmJU8AAOYv9?format=jpg&name=large
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Wow........ Complain About A Different Colour Screen....... And Different Looking Plumbob......... Seriously? Ya'll Are Being So Silly And Nit Picky... If The Sims Wants To Re-Brand Let Them Do It........ What You See The Loading Screen For How LONG? Less Than A Min....... ? I Think The Team Deserves SOOOO Much Credit For What They Have Given US! They Have Truly Stepped Up .... Giving Us More And More Content... Drives Me Nuts To See Petty Complaining Over This....... Very Childish INDEED!! :#
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    i for one thing as a player think this new look is pretty much needed, also it gives us as a bonus some new content in game. Who from day 1 wanted the option to tell a story with there sims? so i am grateful for this new look in game and as for the box art i find it easyer to read.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Ehh! Its too early for me to say. I want to see it in my game and give it a couple days chance before I jump in and say yay or nay to it.
    I do believe in the game settings there should be a option for 'new look' and 'old look' or a 'dark mode', which would then give players the opportunity to choose which they prefer. I know some players have said that they get a head ache from the new colour palette, so this option I think really is essential so I hope they do add it or at least consider it.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited July 2019

mVc5mZm.jpg

Yeah, it does look awful, the original is much better. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed this. There is nothing wrong with change, but they could have thought of something better than this. I'm really not looking forward to the in-game changes such as that loading screen and the glaring plumblob. I hope modders will get things fixed ASAP.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Does anyone else see the new box art and think "text book cover" or is it just me?
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    Now Expansion Packs almost look like Game Pack...

at the rate they're going they're the same thing anyway
    That's also what Deligracy said.
    Does anyone else see the new box art and think "text book cover" or is it just me?

• DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    To be perfectly honest, I think it looks cool. Because it's simplistic, smooth, and it gives it a fresh look. As for the crying about it looking like it came from the 90's... well maybe that's another reason I like it. That was my childhood. Nothing hurts my eyes, and I have to wear glasses and am one of those people who does deal with color scheme issues.

At the end of the day, it's their re-branding. It's all aesthetics in packaging/promotional materials. To put it bluntly... if this is the worst thing to have happened to you so far this year... then you're pretty lucky and should probably count yourself blessed.

And of everything to complain about with The Sims, and to say that "this is the worst update ever"... REALLY?! This is the worst? This is the monumental topping of everything? So then we won't hear you complaining about anything else, like bugs or glitches or anything, right? Because apparently the game play isn't as important to you as the branding images.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    unynjb6.png

They probably should reconsider using the green background colour. It is not blending well at all with the new logo. Put it in spoiler because it probably could make some users feel mildly uncomfortable (myself included unfortunately, I'm gonna stick with white for now).
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited July 2019
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    unynjb6.png

They probably should reconsider using the green background colour. It is not blending well at all with the new logo. Put it in spoiler because it probably could make some users feel mildly uncomfortable (myself included unfortunately, I'm gonna stick with white for now).

Yeah, I just saw that now. It's not blending well at all.