Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s watch: Maxis Monthly - July

Comments

• Charlie517Charlie517 Posts: 1 New Member
    I keep seeing random posts on reddit of people already seeing the new loading screen, CAS, etc. I've encountered some of the new sims but still have same old CAS and loading screen...is it a partial/slow roll out or what's the deal?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm really excited to try the new CAS story mode, honestly. I love doing challenges so having an idea in mind for a Sim and then having the traits and aspiration pre-picked is almost a mini challenge in itself. Hope we see this feature roll out before the end of summer!

It's coming in a patch tomorrow (Tuesday 16 July).
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Charlie517 wrote: »
    I keep seeing random posts on reddit of people already seeing the new loading screen, CAS, etc. I've encountered some of the new sims but still have same old CAS and loading screen...is it a partial/slow roll out or what's the deal?

Screenshots you see are from the video that you can find in the first post of this thread :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I have a question about the quiz. Can sims start off with less money in their funds than the default sum of money?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I have a question about the quiz. Can sims start off with less money in their funds than the default sum of money?

I assume they could, just depending on how you answer the questions
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

I assume they could, just depending on how you answer the questions

That's what I'm hoping but I think they only mentioned getting more money during the stream.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • cait32cait32 Posts: 3 New Member
    yay!! Im sooo excited for this!! hip hip hooray!
  • shoosha_4realshoosha_4real Posts: 17 Member
    I'm looking forward to story mode because that's basically how I play. I always have a direction in mind for a family when I create them. :) Great....can't wait! #shoosha
  • GuyC_UKGuyC_UK Posts: 22 Member
    Interesting Update, liking the new CAS question based creations, not keen on the new Pack Icons, or the MonoColour Sims4 Logo, but all in all looks Very Interesting, Nearly here too :)
  • Name_is_VName_is_V Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="GuyC_UK;c-17162008"]Nearly here too :)[/quote]

Do we have exact time?
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    I don't really get the point of creating a Sim's traits via questions instead of assigning them directly. I love all the unlocked objects though!

Well...it adds realism by adding spontaneity. I don't know about you, but there are traits I've never used because I am always creating the same sims. lol
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    I like everything except for the dc packs. They just look rushed tbh... The main game art is cool tho, reminds me of sims 2.
  • KbearSimmerKbearSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm in the UK, do we know what time the update is out? I've read somewhere 6pm but I'm hoping its earlier XD x
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I'm in the UK, do we know what time the update is out? I've read somewhere 6pm but I'm hoping its earlier XD x

I think that's the usual time for us, I know I always have to wait until after I finished work and have eaten my tea.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Is the update today ?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Is the update today ?

It is :)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @KbearSimmer @elanorbreton according to this post from the SimGurus on twitter thread, the patch should be up at 4pm UK time (with the 6pm usual slot taken for the IL launch on console. So a little earlier than usual :D
  • KbearSimmerKbearSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    @darrenfroggy you beautiful little human you <3 I know it's only 2 hours but it's my week off and I wanna play as much as I can :P Thank you! xx
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    How do you find the new debug items?
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Branding is really not important, I seldom pay attention to any of this. My interest is in game play which except for a few things isn't changing much, the story mode looks like the only thing I will use. Would have rather had more useful things that will improve my game play, not how it looks.

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I'm waiting patiently for the update today. I keep opening my game to see if it has arrived yet. I'm very anxious and excited.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    Anybody else now getting origin game library is empty??
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Scarlett2k wrote: »

There's a new cheat: bb.showliveeditobjects

I have not been able to get this to work, though.
  • stbnchristinestbnchristine Posts: 30 Member
    I think the story mode in CAS is genius. But I am let down that I cannot add a story to a gallery sim or one of my pre-made ones. The sims they auto generate require so much reworking that it is useless to use what would be a great new addition to the gameplay.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ashubii wrote: »
    Scarlett2k wrote: »

There's a new cheat: bb.showliveeditobjects

I have not been able to get this to work, though.

You have to enter bb.showhiddenobjects first if you haven’t then the new cheat.