Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Duh" Moments

I recently realized I named 2 of the families in my save "Prescott" and "Westcott." I made them weeks from each other and made other families in between, but I'm still annoyed with myself for not realizing how similar the names are. Apparently, I just really like names that rhyme with "-escott," LOL.

What are some moments when you did something less than brilliant in your game, and later realized it and thought, "Duh--why did I do that??"
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm still wondering why I had my sim hit on Baako something-or-other (he's a City Living premade) when his wife was literally RIGHT THERE. Course, it was at the romance festival...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2019
    Mine was this. A guy called my sim up and invited her to the romance festival, and my sim agrees to go. Now, this guy is married, and also another sim that I also play, but in another household. So I thought it would be a good idea to include his wife with this group. Everyone goes and drinks the tea that makes everyone flirty. Almost immediately some other woman walks up to the married guy and flirts with him, and he flirts right back. All this is happening right in front of his new wife (still newlyweds). She gets extremely angry and walks off.

My duh moment is never to invite another married couple to one of those things unless I can actually control everyone.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    can't tell you how many times my sim has refused to go in a room and then i realise it was because i locked the door
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I've had heaps of those moments. XD + ^^; They're usually door-related.

"Serenity, what are you doing outside? The toilet's that way."

*realises that she IS heading towards a toilet, but not the one I told her to use*

"But why would you want to use the one at the park when you have three perfectly good ones at home? Like that one..."

"...which doesn't have a door."

*laughs for five minutes before finally adding a door*

"How did I forget that? Never mind. Now to find out why Joey's sleeping outside when he has a completely accessible bedroom..."

(In case you're wondering, that didn't have a door either.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    can't tell you how many times my sim has refused to go in a room and then i realise it was because i locked the door

I used to lock my front door and then wonder why when I invited sims in they stayed outside. Now I lock the bedroom door to keep the vampires from my sim when she's sleeping.
  • Options
    pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    My favorite of mine has been similar to the door issue but with sinks. I'll forget to add a sink and wonder why my sim is running to the basement bathroom to wash all their dishes passing three other rooms that should have sinks in the process.
  • Options

I used to lock my front door and then wonder why when I invited sims in they stayed outside. Now I lock the bedroom door to keep the vampires from my sim when she's sleeping.

I lock the doors to any rooms that have computers. It's rude they can use my computer lol.
  • Options

I lock the doors to any rooms that have computers. It's rude they can use my computer lol.

lol

Another one I've done so many times is build building backwards. I scrapped so many builds because of it. This is what I mean, the guard towers are on the wrong side.
    2ur8cvd.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

lol

Another one I've done so many times is build building backwards. I scrapped so many builds because of it. This is what I mean, the guard towers are on the wrong side.
    2ur8cvd.jpg

You can move the whole building you know? Just rotate it so that the towers go backwards.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Kinda the same thing.
    Named two sims in my legacy the same name. They're a few generations apart. Thankfully the second one isn't the heir. Would have been confusing.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

lol

2ur8cvd.jpg

You can move the whole building you know? Just rotate it so that the towers go backwards.

I want the towers to be by the road and on the inner corner over the path into town. I'm going to see how the building will look if I increase the room size below the roof to put the stairs sideways going up to the roof. If it looks good, I'll build the towers over the path.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    One time my sim couldn't get to her toddler who was on the third floor of their house and I kept getting mad at her thinking she was just stupid or something but then I realized that I had accidentally deleted the stairs when I was renovating the house.
  • Options
    One time my sim couldn't get to her toddler who was on the third floor of their house and I kept getting mad at her thinking she was just stupid or something but then I realized that I had accidentally deleted the stairs when I was renovating the house.

OMG that's great. I'm loving hearing these. Makes me feel less alone when I make these mistakes lol.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited July 2019
    I did something similar. I think I had like four sims named Anthony, three named Sophia, about five named John, and a few named Liam in the same save. I can't help it though, I really like the name Liam. :D

ETA: I made them over a span of a year though, and changed their names after I realized there were way too many.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm still wondering why I had my sim hit on Baako something-or-other (he's a City Living premade) when his wife was literally RIGHT THERE. Course, it was at the romance festival...
    That’s oddly similar to this incident where one of my sims Abbie randomly flirted with her husband’s MOTHER. It only happened once, but never again. The mother ended up dying a while later.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    ...one of my sims Abbie randomly flirted with her husband’s MOTHER.

Okay, that is very inappropriate, LOLOL. 😂

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I recently realized I named 2 of the families in my save "Prescott" and "Westcott." I made them weeks from each other and made other families in between, but I'm still annoyed with myself for not realizing how similar the names are. Apparently, I just really like names that rhyme with "-escott," LOL.

What are some moments when you did something less than brilliant in your game, and later realized it and thought, "Duh--why did I do that??"

Now you need Alcott.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I think my best 'duh' moment that I can think of right off, is having my Global Superstar throw an Event and realizing the guests couldn't show up because he failed to unlock his security gate …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    These stories are all awesome. This thread keeps me laughing. Thanks for sharing your moments, everyone.

So, another “duh moment” from me. I made a family, and after the kids went to bed, the husband tried to get romantic with the wife. Well, she wasn’t having it and pushed him away, totally disgusted. I was like, “What’s up with that?” Turns out I forgot to change their relationship to married, so she thought her new roommate was being way too handsy, LOL. I had to go back into CAS and get them hitched.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2019
    MIne's kind of big. I was playing a family with the goal of having an obscene amount of children, and had the matriarch have a child with this one guy. Okay, great so far, no big deal. Days later, I switch to a household with one of her adult daughters aspiring to start a family. She meets this really sweet, cute guy and chats him up and eventually they have a kid together... and it wasn't until I check the family tree that I realize it was the same guy whose child her mother gave birth to mere days prior :s

...And this is the second time this is happened within this family 👀 Mama's still putting herself out there but I'm starting to get concerned that all of her potential lovers will be taken by all of her kids, I've already had to keep her from flirting with a guy because he was dating one of her sons.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Buying my Sims a fire alarm instead of an air conditioner and not noticing for about 3 in-game days. ^^;
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    When you're mucking around in build mode then change back to play and all the sims wave their hands and give you questions marks. When you finally figure out why it's because the doors all disappeared from something you did in build mode. This happens to me a lot. I have to check that the stairs didn't disappear on me too.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I was getting mad at one of my families, because they would never wash the dishes in the kitchen. They'd always take stuff to a bathroom.

Then I noticed that I forgot to give them a kitchen sink and dishwasher when I was redoing the kitchen. Whoops. :#
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Made my male sim flirt with his wife but then got confused why the wife has an angry moodlet and then realizing that he isn't in fact, flirting with said wife, but just another sim who has the same hair colour
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Most of mine are of the, “Why the !*$# is my sim refusing to practice speech in this mirror?!” variety.

Then I rage for a while before realizing the door is for male or female sims only.