Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think I've been playing the game for long enough to feel like emotions are lackluster. And having never played a previous iteration, I haven't felt once that Sims need more personality.

It's because you don't know there is was steak when all you have been fed is cake.

I would go pooh - I don't eat flesh. So give me cake. But anyway as far as I am concerned I am quite content with the direction things are going - I love Island living, Witches/magic is coming - both big wants I had hoped for - now all I am hoping for is Uni and maybe other supernaturals we don't have yet and maybe a Into the future kind of pack with bots and servos. So yes - this is good cake - I am enjoying it a lot.

It's hard for me to think you don't think anything at all needs fixed about TS4 as long as you and I have been buying and playing these games. That's fine but I have bucket full of things that should be changed. And one was the white, bright, loading screen, so yay for me I guess. :D

I don't like the white loading screens but they take 12 seconds at most for my machine - hardly more than a blink and has little to do with losing hope over game play. I enjoy the game play NOW and look forward to what's to come in Realm of Magic.

For me I don't think the blue of the loading screens fits with the overall aesthetic of the game. That BSOD blue isn't found on any other part of the game (not even the logo now) and doesn't fit with UI. It's just off putting to me, and also really bland and bright. We have loading screens either way, even if it's just for a few seconds, why not make them aesthetically pleasing? :o It's their work, they could put some actual effort in it and not just slap an okayish solid blue colour as a loading screen.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    No it’s to late
    5 years in and we finally got a trait randomiser in CAS. If anything else in TS4 is going to be improved upon/fixed, it'll be another 5 more years down the road.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    I really appreciate the build/buy updates because I love building, but I would like to see some of the core mechanics of the game work better, like butlers, restaurants and toddlers. I also understand that as the game gets bigger it will grow more unwieldy in its functioning, and would look forward to fixes in this area.

I have a storyteller's imagination, so I have no problem with the emotions system, because a great deal of their emotional motivation is in my head anyway.
    That in fact is part of my problem. I understand why people don’t like the somewhat neutral, stiff sims in Sims 3. For me they work however, because I’m free to interpret how they feel in my own head. They show me to some extent, the rest is up to me. My problem in Sims 4 actually is that it never makes sense, it’s indeed all over the place and my imagination would have to work overtime to be able to find excuses for how they react. “Ah, so, you’re happy now, of course you are, you’re happy because...., wait, oh, not happy, you’re angry! Ehm, that must be.. beeecause.... ehrm... hm? What? You’re flirty? Why on earth are you flirty, you’re sitting on the toilet and there’s literally nobody around!!”
    5JZ57S6.png
  • altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    No it’s to late
    they'd basically have to overhaul the entire ai system to save this game in my eyes which i don't see happening unfortunately
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think I've been playing the game for long enough to feel like emotions are lackluster. And having never played a previous iteration, I haven't felt once that Sims need more personality.

It's because you don't know there is was steak when all you have been fed is cake.

I would go pooh - I don't eat flesh. So give me cake. But anyway as far as I am concerned I am quite content with the direction things are going - I love Island living, Witches/magic is coming - both big wants I had hoped for - now all I am hoping for is Uni and maybe other supernaturals we don't have yet and maybe a Into the future kind of pack with bots and servos. So yes - this is good cake - I am enjoying it a lot.

It's hard for me to think you don't think anything at all needs fixed about TS4 as long as you and I have been buying and playing these games. That's fine but I have bucket full of things that should be changed. And one was the white, bright, loading screen, so yay for me I guess. :D

I don't like the white loading screens but they take 12 seconds at most for my machine - hardly more than a blink and has little to do with losing hope over game play. I enjoy the game play NOW and look forward to what's to come in Realm of Magic.

For me I don't think the blue of the loading screens fits with the overall aesthetic of the game. That BSOD blue isn't found on any other part of the game (not even the logo now) and doesn't fit with UI. It's just off putting to me, and also really bland and bright. We have loading screens either way, even if it's just for a few seconds, why not make them aesthetically pleasing? :o It's their work, they could put some actual effort in it and not just slap an okayish solid blue colour as a loading screen.

Oh I agree but saying lose hope in the game over a loading screen to me is silly - especially when I enjoy the game. I guess I am luckier than most as I have enjoyed all 4 of the Sims series eventually. So I do think it is over blown to say someone is quitting the whole game over the loading screens. Had I planned to do that - well I would have stayed not playing the Sims 4 - seeing it has loading screen period. I liked open world - so load screens period annoy me - but 5- 12 seconds I really can't complain - the fact they exist period is annoying but their color - not really - white is just as annoying....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I'm fine with personalities and consequences. I do think we'll see some adjustments to emotions before the game comes to an end. I currently have the True Happiness mod in my game and it changes the default mood from happy to fine. So sims are only happy when something truly noteworthy occurs. I think the developers are planning some quality of life changes, especially since we've been told that the game will continue indefinitely.
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late

Oh I agree but saying lose hope in the game over a loading screen to me is silly - especially when I enjoy the game. I guess I am luckier than most as I have enjoyed all 4 of the Sims series eventually. So I do think it is over blown to say someone is quitting the whole game over the loading screens. Had I planned to do that - well I would have stayed not playing the Sims 4 - seeing it has loading screen period. I liked open world - so load screens period annoy me - but 5- 12 seconds I really can't complain - the fact they exist period is annoying but their color - not really - white is just as annoying....
    1. I have a feeling that was meant ironically (yay, they changed the loading screen)
    2. Even if it wasn’t, it’s not ‘silly’ if someone values something that is not important to you for whatever reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

1. I have a feeling that was meant ironically (yay, they changed the loading screen)
    2. Even if it wasn’t, it’s not ‘silly’ if someone values something that is not important to you for whatever reason.

I said it was silly to ME - I don't talk for anyone else.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    altg1229 wrote: »
    they'd basically have to overhaul the entire ai system to save this game in my eyes which i don't see happening unfortunately

This is the biggest problem for me. The sims are dumb and traits don't do anything. I wish they overhauled traits and gave sims actual personalities.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    No it’s to late
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I said it was silly to ME - I don't talk for anyone else.
    But nobody said to lose hope in the game over a loading screen to you. That's fine but I have bucket full of things that should be changed. And one was the white, bright, loading screen, so yay for me I guess. She was speaking for herself. There was no reason to relate it to yourself and then call it silly.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • touchmygagatouchmygaga Posts: 9 New Member
    No it’s to late
    Nah, it's too late. Not because I think they don't have the time or resources to change most of the things wrong with the game, but because they lack attitude and ambition. They have learned that they can do the bare minimum for the game and deliver lackluster content, but still earn lots and lots of benefits because they have a loyal player base that will buy everything.
  • mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    they barely even furnish premade houses now... lol i doubt theyre gonna bother rebuilding the emotions if they can't even be bothered to do that
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    merci wrote: »
    they barely even furnish premade houses now... lol i doubt theyre gonna bother rebuilding the emotions if they can't even be bothered to do that

New lots in new packs only use the Base game and show off the new objects. It's up to you to add your own stuff. As someone who has all the packs I would just love to see all of every pack's objects and wallpaper etc. used.

They could just add, for your own personal use what items come in which packs that you don't have so that you could buy them for yourself. They did do something like this for Sims 2? when choosing which lots to download on the website of the time. It also added the mods and cc too that were used.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    I'm fine with personalities and consequences. I do think we'll see some adjustments to emotions before the game comes to an end. I currently have the True Happiness mod in my game and it changes the default mood from happy to fine. So sims are only happy when something truly noteworthy occurs. I think the developers are planning some quality of life changes, especially since we've been told that the game will continue indefinitely.

You know what I really wish? I wish dedicated Simmers like you would remove your mods for say about six months and continue to play a vanilla game like I did. Then I would wish you come on here and talk to developers and help support those of us who are very unhappy with the design. You must have been unhappy at one point to install a mood modifier, while the rest of us have to deal with that creepy wide grin and them always being overly happy even when there is a death. Then if the dedicated players would also confront Maxis and help us explain how horrible it really is with so many things, maybe we could get some change.

You know what I really wish? I wish dedicated Simmers like you would remove your mods for say about six months and continue to play a vanilla game like I did. Then I would wish you come on here and talk to developers and help support those of us who are very unhappy with the design. You must have been unhappy at one point to install a mood modifier, while the rest of us have to deal with that creepy wide grin and them always being overly happy even when there is a death. Then if the dedicated players would also confront Maxis and help us explain how horrible it really is with so many things, maybe we could get some change.

Not all dedicated simmers or simmers who enjoy the game uses mods or CC or even game cheats. I don't. So some of us do see the game as it is designed and play it fine as designed. Keep that in mind.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late

Not all dedicated simmers or simmers who enjoy the game uses mods or CC or even game cheats. I don't. So some of us do see the game as it is designed and play it fine as designed. Keep that in mind.

I think you might be an exception. From what I see of those on this site, who say they really enjoy TS4 and it doesn't need any changes (maybe a few minor things) and we know them and see them all the time, have every mod in the world in their games. They have the big mod the MCC or whatever it is, they have a mood mod to keep Sims at fine so happy isn't happy 24/7 and they have some other mods or that big one that stops culling etc. They have dozens and dozens or a big one to make the game design go back to TS2 or TS3 style gameplay. They don't actually play TS4's gameplay, they are playing with mods to modify how TS4 actually works. For those of us who know exactly how it works it's not all that nor a bag of chips. But you are an exception to the rule of most are playing with those mods to adjust TS4 to play like TS2 and TS3. ETA: The biggest defenders of this game have totally altered it to work like TS2 or TS3. That says a lot.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    I still lost hope, and the"rebrand" just keeps confirming why.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    It’s just sad at this point i wish this game could be great but the constant happy utopia vibe of this the lack of depth and challenge and constant dissapointment is really frustrating
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    There are some bugs that I think can and will be fixed, even if it takes longer than some are willing to wait.

I love it too. That said, there are bugs that are 4 years old. Dine Out released in 2016, and it's still incredibly buggy. Get to Work released in 2015 and it's got one career that seems to be unplayable and another that's iffy at best.

What I think people keep forgetting is that most of us pay for these packs. Expecting them to function is not unreasonable.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Mod. I have one mod in my game. And I played just fine for several years without it. I have added my criticism of the emotional system and hope for an adjustment. I just don't just carry on about it in every thread.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2019
    I do not think all is perfect, I do not think Perfection is possible, So I just hope it works and it's fun.
    They just fixed something I was happy about, for people with laptops.

I was just thinking about this, I feel now I play my Sims 4 in a more lazy kind of way, all perfect happy family's. When I started playing Sims 4 over two years ago, I use to cause a lot of drama in my SIms life. I would have parties at a sims home that had like 4 guys living together, just so I could cause drama, getting them to cheat with the other one's girlfriend.

I had so much drama I would forget who was original dating who. So when one got married they would call, like their brother's wife and ask her out. well, I thought that was outrageous, but he would call soon as his brother left for work. So I would have her to say No, then I decided to allow her to go as a friend in my mind only.

After that came drama that I did not know the game was capable of, all of her inlaws from her husbands' side came to her home at once very angry with her, (This is so much like real life inlaws.)

Then another time I had the sweetest couple that would always be faithful to each other, Then one day he met a bartender while at the bar I was so surprised he was even talking to her she was a young adult and he was an adult, and he hated strangers, always. He would say stranger danger. But not with this one. he talked and talked and flirted, she flirted back.
    I was surprised Drama in my sims that I did not start. So yes I helped, to see what would happen, yep he went home with her, wooow lol. after he did not come home for 2 days she asked him to leave his wife. this is in our sims to do, try it. yes, he divorced his wife and was so happy with his new one.

Now I am on the wife side and I was hating on the new one.
    To make a long story short. I decided to get his wife to get him back, and make him divorce the new woman.
    So the wife went to their old home which they had access to. She called her X husband and invited him over. So she started to flirt with him. But what surprised me was when she clicked on him the game offered her to seduce him. I was shocked. is this the Sims?. So she did and got him back.
    I think we would be surprised at what our SIms 4 emotions are capable of if we just start more drama,

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    this answer is not a 100%
    but regarding the emotions system, I don't really care about it tbh, funny though, the first thing a friend of mine noticed when she got sims 4 was "they got emotions now!" (and she love that) and I (already playing the game for some month) was just like "um, yeah I guess..", idk the emotions thing was never that impressive to begin with and sometimes they annoy me more than anything, so I am fine with how it is.

now the personality part is another thing...although there are some minor consequences to some traits it mostly doesn't seem to matter much.
    Personally I really miss likes and dislikes.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Thanks for that News flash :) I did not know they said that the game will continue indefinitely. Wow, a while back I said I thought that could happen, that Sims 4 might end up being like windows 10 and just keep updating. So no Sims 5? They must feel they have found a way to fix the core problems?
    So we did get swimming in lakes, We did get a lot with Island Living. I do think they plan a lot of changes ahead. It could be like you start out working on your old car and end up building a new one.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    No it’s to late
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I do not think all is perfect, I do not think Perfection is possible, So I just hope it works and it's fun.
    They just fixed something I was happy about, for people with laptops.

I was just thinking about this, I feel now I play my Sims 4 in a more lazy kind of way, all perfect happy family's. When I started playing Sims 4 over two years ago, I use to cause a lot of drama in my SIms life. I would have parties at a sims home that had like 4 guys living together, just so I could cause drama, getting them to cheat with the other one's girlfriend.

I had so much drama I would forget who was original dating who. So when one got married they would call, like their brother's wife and ask her out. well, I thought that was outrageous, but he would call soon as his brother left for work. So I would have her to say No, then I decided to allow her to go as a friend in my mind only.

After that came drama that I did not know the game was capable of, all of her inlaws from her husbands' side came to her home at once very angry with her, (This is so much like real life inlaws.)

Then another time I had the sweetest couple bothe never cheat, Then one day he met a bartender while at the bar I was so surprised he was even talking to her she was a young adult and he was an adult, and he hated strangers, always. He would say stranger danger. But not with this one. he talked and talked and flirted, she flirted back.
    I was surprised Drama in my sims that I did not start. So yes I help to see what would happen, yep he went home with her, wooow lol. after he did not come home for 2 days she asked him to leave his wife. this is in our sims to do, try it. yes, he divorced his wife and was so happy with his new one.

Now I am on the wife side and I was hating on the new one.
    To make a long story short. I decided to get his wife to get him back, and make him divorce the new woman.
    So the wife went to their old home which they had access to. She called her X husband and invited him over. So she started to flirt with him. But what surprised me was when she clicked on him the game offered her to seduce him. I was shocked. is this the Sims?. So she did and got him back.
    I think we would be surprised at what our SIms 4 emotions are capable of if we just start more drama,

Those were nice anecdotes. Unfortunately, all of those kinds of interactions are available to every Sim, regardless of traits or existing emotional ties to other Sims. It's great that your imagination wove an interesting story out of those events. The problem, though, is that it happens all the time, even without player intervention. Flirting is a big thing. It's how TS4 rolls.

What would have been really cool: the husband was truly happy with his new wife and he rebuffed his ex-wife because, well, he's happy. However, TS4 Sims have no intrinsic preferences or desires like the Sims in previous games. TS4 Sims simply do what players tell them to do. That is, unless you ask them to go here, eat this, sit here, or read this book. In those cases, they can't seem to suss out how to respond. Most of the time, they end up standing around and smiling like 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited July 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »

Thanks for that News flash :) I did not know they said that the game will continue indefinitely. Wow, a while back I said I thought that could happen, that Sims 4 might end up being like windows 10 and just keep updating. So no Sims 5? They must feel they have found a way to fix the core problems?
    So we did get swimming in lakes, We did get a lot with Island Living. I do think they plan a lot of changes ahead. It could be like you start out working on your old car and end up building a new one.

I had a feeling it would go a lot longer as the CEO spoke about even a 15 year shelf life which is highly possible with this particular game engine.

As Sims is too big to have an online game combined with a single player game - which has been said since the Sims made a Sims online some years ago - I do think they may be working on another Online version though as the way they speak of the Atlas Project. So perhaps they will have that for Sims 5 - it's been rumored anyway - and still keep these game going like they did when they actually had a Sims online they still worked on Sims 2 and later on Sims 3 while online was redone as well 4 times - but it never gets the audience/subscribers the regular sims get.

Seeing they know this, maybe it's a ploy to finally get more subscribers if they want a new game - but also keep regular simmers playing a single player game.

In dreams - I LIVE!