Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Has anyone given any thought to the spells you would like to see return from previous Sims games?

I want Bonehilda from TS1 back — maybe the ability to conjure her if your sim is a really powerful witch rather than just buying her coffin.

From TS2, I would also like to have good/ neutral/ evil witches again. They were the most powerful witches, with 33 spells in total, some of them really good and with unique animations (like Beautificus/ Corruptus Locus) and long-standing or permanent effects.

From TS1, it would nice to have back the ability for magical sims to fight magic duels, and get better at them. Other nice features included whimsical spells like ”toadification” (turn a sim temporarily into a toad) and “Enchant” (enchant a garden gnome to come alive and do your gardening for you with a small army of look-alike gnomes, or if it failed, they would wreck things). In TS1, too, child sims could cast child versions of some spells. And there were pet dragons, which it would be nice to have back.

If they do implement a magic system of abilities (like the Vampire tree) that your witch or warlock could gain in Realm of Magic, that would be great. I do hope, though, that they also include new harvestables and required ingredients, as well as spell-crafting tools like a cauldron or a potion making bench, or spell books for learning new spells.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    @TableTalk01
    There is at least one secret bookcase door in game already. I have used that in some of my buildings. Wouldn't hurt to have more tough.
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Realm of Magic: I Love It and cannot wait!

I want a trailer as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Has anyone given any thought to the spells you would like to see return from previous Sims games?

I want Bonehilda from TS1 back — maybe the ability to conjure her if your sim is a really powerful witch rather than just buying her coffin.

From TS2, I would also like to have good/ neutral/ evil witches again. They were the most powerful witches, with 33 spells in total, some of them really good and with unique animations (like Beautificus/ Corruptus Locus) and long-standing or permanent effects.

From TS1, it would nice to have back the ability for magical sims to fight magic duels, and get better at them. Other nice features included whimsical spells like ”toadification” (turn a sim temporarily into a toad) and “Enchant” (enchant a garden gnome to come alive and do your gardening for you with a small army of look-alike gnomes, or if it failed, they would wreck things). In TS1, too, child sims could cast child versions of some spells. And there were pet dragons, which it would be nice to have back.

If they do implement a magic system of abilities (like the Vampire tree) that your witch or warlock could gain in Realm of Magic, that would be great. I do hope, though, that they also include new harvestables and required ingredients, as well as spell-crafting tools like a cauldron or a potion making bench, or spell books for learning new spells.

I want sims to turn in to frogs like in sims 1
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    i hope they make it like the vampire pack and witches get an optional second form they can transform into.

Realm of Magic thou does sound a bit like they could be limiting magic to only be useable in the new world or very limited outside of the new world which would be terrible.

it likely does just mean that strange things happen there but we get many skills and spells to use for witches and wizards.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    Occults have always been my favourite part of sims games and all I want from this game is a fully fleshed out witches system. I hope that magic isn't limited to one world and sims in different worlds can use it. Vampires was a great pack because you could either have a good or evil vampire so I hope there is something similar for witches.
    I hope if there is a new world that it is somewhat reminiscent of Magic Town in TS1, which was sort of a cross between a medieval market and a carnival. Anyone could travel there, and it is where sims could find all the unique ingredients and know-how for their spells, as well as other magic practitioners to do magic with or to duel. However, if your sims wanted to live there they would have to be both magical and very advanced at magic. Moving to Magic Town was thus a difficult but worthwhile goal to achieve.
  • LexalooLexaloo Posts: 20 Member
    Finalllyyy ! I hope we get a good skill tree with this. I love occult playing. I'm going to make a challenge to go along with this. I'm so excited to finally get magic. I'm in love with the way Sims 4 has been with their occults.. despite mermaids being kind of a let down. There just wasn't anything substantial about them.. too easy to be a mermaid, no skill involved. No challenge to it. I am worried about it being a gamepack, that there won't be enough to it. When you consider the build & buy, and cas item possibilities, plus the game play that we are expecting.
  • MoaMoa Posts: 33 Member
    I hope witches are in it! I think vampires should have been included though, a whole game pack only about vampires is too much for me.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Anyone have a guess on the release date? It would feel appropriate to be scheduled for Halloween, but I really wish it would come out earlier.

I'm really wishing for fairies and witches, in this particular order. And the possibility to be a non-occult witch.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Yeah, I would love to have witches in my game. My vamps are characters from Vampire Diaries and I would love to make Bonnie an actual witch!!
  • ladynightladynight Posts: 35 Member
    I want witches to be fully fleshed out. TBH I don’t want another occult to be in the pack because it is likely it would not be fully fleshed out (kinda like aliens in GTW)
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    It wouldn’t be The Sims if magic wasn’t included. I’ve been waiting for some sort of magical occult since 2014. Can’t wait!
  • ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    Just hope it won’t be like in the first sims. Magic money... if any of you remember that, only could buy some things like the house with magic money I wasn’t able to get... hmm it was hard that game for me as a young teenager. Haha 😆
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    ofDD wrote: »
    Just hope it won’t be like in the first sims. Magic money... if any of you remember that, only could buy some things like the house with magic money I wasn’t able to get... hmm it was hard that game for me as a young teenager. Haha 😆

Even to this day I don’t understand how to get the magic money lol.

Couldn’t you get MagiCoins by several different methods? You could perform, do tricks with the table, charm the snake or win duels. What I remember being hard was saving enough of them to buy a lot in Magic Town, because you had spend so darn many of the things buying ingredients for your spells.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I would really love to have a part of the world placed in the middle of the woods, I imagine some little lots without roads sourrounded by pines and trees where you can build a little witch or fairy house. I would love to have a little lagoon or swamp area in the middle of the wood, where sirens could swing, and you could go fishing and look for magical frogs, maybe. About the animation and effects, I want to be able to collect differents owl feathers and I want to hear some owl hooting at down and night, among with a distant wolf howling. I want a residencial area, town-like, with dirt roads or stone roads maybe, very fairy tale - like, with square and a little market. There could be two dirt roads from the town, one could carry you to the deep woods, and other to a castle, maybe. And I'm really hoping for more interactions or anything occuring in Sylvan Glade. I really wish you could "catch" fairies there, as we can catch insects in granity falls, and then it could have an option like "release the fairy" that would boost a very happy mood, or something like that.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    FINALLY!!!!! Give me my witches now!

I don't want every Sim to be able to learn magic though, so I'm really nervous about this. I just want magic to be restricted to witches/wizards.

Agreed. I don't think there would be a point to even have witches in the GP then, if any sim can perform magic. I want magic to be a trait sims have based on their creation in CAS and through having witch/magical parents.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    HannaEB wrote: »
    I am a grown woman, and I was so excited when this was announced, I actually squealed. Since the title says "realm," that does imply a new world, even if it's a small one. I am half hoping for creepy forest and half hoping for magical village.

If there does end up being potions that require special magical or exotic ingredients, then a spooky forest to go and collect them would be so fun!!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm excited I'm just hoping we will get the potion creation for everyone like we did in sims 3 though, if it's for witches only like sims 2, I'll still be happy. I do hope we do get werewolves or fairies.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    I hope that Realm of Magic is to Witches what the Vampires game pack was to vampires. Vampires in s4 are more fun then any of the previous supernaturals in the Sims.

A pack dedicated to Witches with a big spell tree of fun abilites (preferrably with different types of spell schools), thematic CAS/build/buy items and a new World would be wonderful.

It would be nice if, in addition to the one neighborhood, the world had a secret lot/s. Alternately a 2 neighborhood world like in jungle adventure where one is a residential neighbourhood and the other is an exploration hood, but instead of jungle ruins and skeletons some sort of fantasy/magical location like a mystical forest and maybe elves/fey.
    edited July 2019
    I hope that Realm of Magic is to Witches what the Vampires game pack was to vampires. Vampires in s4 are more fun then any of the previous supernaturals in the Sims.

A pack dedicated to Witches with a big spell tree of fun abilites (preferrably with different types of spell schools), thematic CAS/build/buy items and a new World would be wonderful.

It would be nice if, in addition to the one neighborhood, the world had a secret lot/s. Alternately a 2 neighborhood world like in jungle adventure where one is a residential neighbourhood and the other is an exploration hood, but instead of jungle ruins and skeletons some sort of fantasy/magical location like a mystical forest and maybe elves/fey.

I couldn’t agree more. I would like secret witch or magic practitioners’ only lots too, or maybe a whole magic world only for witches. A spooky forest would be nice for ingredient hunting but I dearly hope there is also a medieval-style marketplace a la Magic Town or magic shops reminiscent of Diagon Alley. TS1 had a stage for performances and a duelling space too; an arena or magic-practicing space would be good to have.

I also hope that in this pack the children of witches can do some limited or unique or child-only magic like the kids in TS1 could do. (Probably this won’t happen but we can dream; I still want the bake oven, bake sale table and lemonade stand back for kids but that doesn’t seem likely either).

For spells and potions I hope we get some of the best old ones back, but also some new ones. For instance, I’ve always wished for witches who could turn themselves and others into animals temporarily, and then have unique interactions. Invisibility (with associated animations and gameplay) would also be fun. It would be nice to have summoning and conjuring spells, spells to stop or change (speed up or reverse) time, to cast darkness or shine light, to transform things into different things (with fail and success states), familiars, and many others. I just hope that if they are cheaty (granting new skills or fixing needs or emotions) that they have good animations and buffs and impacts to go with them! Learning new spells from secret but unlockable spellbooks would also be good, and I hope magic (spells and potions) is both skill and ingredient-dependent.

• SulSulwitchesSulSulwitches Posts: 5 New Member
    i just want the witches back sooo bad. I also think it woukd be cool if they have like a holloween town like world where you can find all the occult sims around every corner (maybe not Aliens tho). I personally love the "quest" that was in Strangeville so, i also think it would be intresting if they implemented tht with the Realms of Magic having the reward end be a trait idk a God/Goddess trait, an all powerful witch or magic user and some unlocked content. Idk im just super excited :D
  • ElizaGraceElizaGrace Posts: 9 New Member
    I really hope they add fairies! I think it'd be cool if witches weren't an occult but rather an occupation/learned skill. (Tho, I get why people would want them as an occult.) For occults I'd want them to add fairies and genies and things like that. (Please Sims I'm beginning you FAIRIES)
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    If/when they do do faeries i hope that they're are something a sim can only be by being born/made in CAS, like aliens.

Faeries/fey aren't people with a curse or special ability they're alien mystical beings, it would be weird for a sim to be able to turn into one.