Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost 5 years, and still no transportation. ☹☹

2...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    *cough cough boats cough cough*
    funny-gifs20.gif

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    does anyone else not want cars? like what would be the point? sims can get around without them: one minute they're at home, one loading screen later and they're somewhere else. cars seem redundant considering the way the game works
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    does anyone else not want cars? like what would be the point? sims can get around without them: one minute they're at home, one loading screen later and they're somewhere else. cars seem redundant considering the way the game works

Yeah, I don't really care about having working cars. They would seem kind of pointless with the loading screens. I would however like to be able to put one in a driveway to "pretend" they have a car they drive to work and such and that's what this update will give me! I'm super thrilled about it.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Decorative items are OK, but I'd much rather have ones that can be interacted with.

I agree, but being able to have one in the driveway is at least something.

If functioning cars come into the game, where are our Sims going to go? In TS4, Sims can't go anywhere without a loading screen so how would they interact with the cars?

The same way they worked in TS2? Your sim "couldn't go anywhere" then either without a loading screen but they still had cars. You had them on your driveway/garage and they were an interactive object to travel. Or to load your loading screen.
    It was immersive and made it more realistic rather than them just teleporting instantly.
    Decorative items are OK, but I'd much rather have ones that can be interacted with.

So I second this.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    what is the point of cars? when we have loading screens. I f it was like sims 3 then they would be a point to have cars.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Lol, don't blame youtubers they also assumed cars becoming nothing official yet if got boats somewhere down the line cars could work. just because haven't said it yet we don't know as I said could happen.

That youtuber definitely should be blamed as well as certain others I mentioned before. It is definitely CLICKBAIT.

They saw what they were we getting and for anyone that didn't catch the Maxis Monthly they can just make a title such as

"1000+ NEW ITEMS PLUS CARS AND MORE!"

Leave it vague and hype it up when it's in fact far less. :# Just a sleazy way to get views while getting people excited for no reason.

Well he must have changed the title of the video ahaha

He's terrible, I hate his channel as he keeps pulling clickbait titles. That's why I don't go no where near it and always click his videos off on the recommendations tab of youtube.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't think there is any need for transportation, with worlds arranged as they are.

I also think renaming a thread to change the topic after it's already garnered a response to the original topic is poor form - right up there with YouTubers who make misleading titles to garner views.
    edited July 2019
    Cars for me isn't about actually driving them throughout a map. I mean, if that was possible so much the better but in TS4 they would be like in TS2, and it's a nice way to solidify the lifesimulating aspect of the game, making it feel more realistic and immersive.

"Why are cars needed?", well why are aquariums needed?....why are bonfires needed?...why are walking closets needed?....why are talking toilets needed? All for the same reason, it's another activity for sims to do in the game (let's exclude the talking toilets here lol) and it makes the game more immersive and realistic. Like why would you not want something like this? If you aren't using it I understand, loading screens would still be there, but I think it would make my sim's lives more realistic.

Sims could drive from their garage to the end of their driveway and I'd be happy. There could be parking lot spaces to put in community lots that allow sims to take their car to that said community lot and park there.

In addition sims could "take the car for a spin" to gain fun from the car, or get an alarm installed, or hear music in the car's radio, YA/teens could get their driver's license, cars could break and need fixing which increases the handiness skill, sims could have car dealerships with Get to Work, they could woohoo/try for baby in the car, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cars for me isn't about actually driving them throughout a map. I mean, if that was possible so much the better but in TS4 they would be like in TS2, and it's a nice way to solidify the lifesimulating aspect of the game, making it feel more realistic and immersive.

"Why are cars needed?", well why are aquariums needed?....why are bonfires needed?...why are walking closets needed?....why are talking toilets needed? All for the same reason, it's another activity for sims to do in the game (let's exclude the talking toilets here lol) and it makes the game more immersive and realistic. Like why would you not want something like this? If you aren't using it I understand, loading screens would still be there, but I think it would make my sim's lives more realistic.

Sims could drive from their garage to the end of their driveway and I'd be happy. There could be parking lot spaces to put in community lots that allow sims to take their car to that said community lot and park there.

In addition sims could "take the car for a spin" to gain fun from the car, or get an alarm installed, or hear music in the car's radio, YA/teens could get their driver's license, cars could break and need fixing which increases the handiness skill, sims could have car dealerships with Get to Work, they could woohoo/try for baby in the car, etc.

Second this!! I mean I don’t need cars but it would be a great activity for all the reasons stated above. Sims 2 didn’t need them either but they were there.

My only issue with cars in sims 4 is there are certain areas they couldn’t exist (the entirety of San Myshuno, the island of windenburg, majority of sulani, and I’m sure other areas I’m missing) because roads don’t exist in all of sims 4s maps. That just seems problematic in making them but even if they just existed in base game worlds and one future world that would be better than nothing.
    edited July 2019
    Akl500P wrote: »

Second this!! I mean I don’t need cars but it would be a great activity for all the reasons stated above. Sims 2 didn’t need them either but they were there.

My only issue with cars in sims 4 is there are certain areas they couldn’t exist (the entirety of San Myshuno, the island of windenburg, majority of sulani, and I’m sure other areas I’m missing) because roads don’t exist in all of sims 4s maps. That just seems problematic in making them but even if they just existed in base game worlds and one future world that would be better than nothing.

Very much like aqua zips and boats who can only be put on water, drive ways and cars should only be able to be placed with lots that have road access and go to lots that also have road access.

They could, also add bicycles to drive around in the open areas of the worlds with/without road access that work similarly to boats.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »

Yeah I just don't understand why people want them so badly.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'll have to try the "USE AS HEAD" with one, and see what it looks like.

(who on the Sims team thought of the "use as head" interaction? awesome or awful? you decide. )
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019

@Sigzy05 My thoughts exactly. They are not a priority in things I want in TS4 but they sure would be nice to have.
    I liked it in TS2 when my sim used a car or bicycle to travel somewhere, and later arrived back home in/on them, instead of this constant instant teleporting. It had nothing to do with me wanting to see them drive around, it was simply another thing that added to the immersion of a life simulator.
    Watching my teacher sim disappear on his bicycle as he went to work every weekday. Having teenagers snog in it after been out causing trouble. Sims taking their dogs for a drive. Parents teaching their kids how to drive. Someone simply going on a joyride for a bit to raise their mood. The list can go on, because there are so many everyday life things we could do with them and I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to having more activities that adds to sims everyday life.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member

I want cars for exactly these reasons. I truly enjoyed them in TS2.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Oh, that's gonna be a thing! Sims don't walk down the middle of the road - only on the sidewalk and crosswalk only (kinda forgot)! Unless you have no issue with a truck looking like Cousin Earl is driving on the sidewalk again, this isn't gonna work.

Sorry - thought I had a workaround.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    If we do get cars I just hope they arent another loading screen/cut scene. Bikes would be great though and make more sense in some of the road less worlds.
  • GuyC_UKGuyC_UK Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, having transport that can be used would be a nice addition but the way this game currently works as mentioned before, there is no way to see your sims travel etc, with the ability to Increase size of toy cars to be of normal car size, maybe more variants could be added, more upto date variants atleast :)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I don't use youtubers as my first source of information, so I already knew that the cars were were receiving were decorative only. I'm sorry you got your hopes up, OP. The let down from something like that is really frustrating. Always check with the devs first, though! Their live streams are always a lot more informative and there are no misconceptions then. <3

I still want functional cars, though... if just for a new sweet woohoo spot. LOL That's pretty much all I used them for in TS2, and YES, I miss it and need it in my Sims 4 game. rofl
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    we have jet ski and sailboats
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    This is why I dont watch simmer youtube channel except simsupply or abidoang, they tend to use clickbait title and lots of exclamation marks to exaggerate things. I always go to simscommunity or simsvip to get teh latest news.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    what is the point of cars? when we have loading screens. I f it was like sims 3 then they would be a point to have cars.

I don't like TS4, but I was thinking that it would be nice if there was a drive-in outdoor movie theater lot. You won't see your car drive in and park but after the loading screen, you and up to three other sims (making this a group activity!) can all sit together in the parked car and watch the movies. A convertible car would be great here, but normal cars would be good too. You can also socialize with other sims who parked their cars to watch the movie too (I'm thinking of the drive-in movie scene of "Grease") and have picnic blankets up front for those who want to sit and watch it out in the open. There should be pranks too like stuffing a poor sim into the trunk (they don't die of course but climb out all annoyed and flustered while everybody laughs at the victim's expense). There will also be a concession stand offering popcorn, burgers, hotdogs and sodas, and arcade games. Skating waitresses optional. This would be a great lot for storytelling too.

The cars should also have the ability for sims to make out and woohoo in or simply to cuddle too while watching the movie on the big screen. With that, you can also create a lot equivalent to some popular makeout spot including full moon visuals.

You can also have a fix-it-yourself car. That's always fun. And you can make a living out of it and have your own car dealership with several models in different colors. EAxis can also make a rabbithole race track where you prep the cars. According to your skill level and what parts and features you add to a car, those things will determine where your car would place in a race. Even if you don't actively see the race itself, I think it would be fun to design and work on a car to win and make a living that way.

So even if there is no driving involved, I think there are still some good possibilities for fun gameplay with non-drivable but functional cars.

-=<*>=-

Also perhaps someday, in a new pack, EAxis will introduce a world where sims can actually drive around that particular world. It's better to have it in one world than none at all.