Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The most Annoying Thing You Find Sims Doing?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I don't know about any of you guys, but I hate it when my sims just stand there.

me too !

• Options
    snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    I have free will turned off, so most of what my Sims do is done by guests or is from before I turned free will off.

A parent putting a toddler into the high chair and then immediately taking it out. Rinse and repeat until everyone dies.
    Guests constantly getting glasses of water and leaving the cups all over.
    Guests interrupting conversations to go read a book or play the computer. Like, excuse you, I was trying to woo you.
    Guests trying to soothe a crying baby, preventing my Sim from actually changing its diaper or feed it.
    Babysitters who don't leave when a parent arrives home. You are clearly no longer needed, so shoo!
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    When child sims go to a crying baby and try to interact with him, when I've already assigned the parent to take care of the baby.
    The worst thing is when I give the command for the adult to feed the baby, but the child gets to the baby first and so the adult cancels the action. I have now found that having a vampire who can fly as a bat as a parent is very helpful indeed :D

Oh, and when I tell my vampire to make dinner for the household because her human husband is at work or something, and she decides to grab a plate too. With the withered stomach weakness :|
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    What annoys me is having to put stereos, bars, easels, etc. into household inventory because the sims exercise these items in an over-the-top way and run to use them as soon as they have a free second. For example: I (as the player) do not enjoy repetitively turning the stereo off after a sim constantly turns it on, especially if it is not needed. Perhaps the creative trait plays a role here, but the habits of the sims are superfluous and unwarranted.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "I am hungry... Oh, look - Dad-Dad, the master chef, is cooking breakfast for us! I think I'll go burn some tofu dogs on the grill!"
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The thing that annoys me the most is sim behavior that just doesn't match up with their aspirations and traits. Some examples:

I saw a child sim in the park that had the "neat" trait and they were making a mess.

The outgoing trait doesn't make a sim more outgoing.

Behavior like playing in the rain or stomping around in mud should be connected to loves outdoors or the outdoor aspirations, but they all do it.

Some other things I think they could work on is sims detecting other sims on the other side of the map or detecting a snow pile 4 houses away. They suddenly feel the need to shovel it. How did they even know it was there? They should have a much shorter range of detecting these things.

I'd also like the sims to start doing the daily requirement for their jobs. Things like fill out reports, write a book, etc. The only things I've seen sims do that were job related were homework if the sims is focused or painters painting if they are inspired.

Oh yeah, and the drinking water thing is annoying. Why does it take 40 minutes to stand at a sink and drink a glass of water? I could drive to the store, buy a drink, drive back home and drink it in that amount of time.
  • Options
    Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    Lately I have been very annoyed when I am trying to have a Sim Child or Teen do something and suddenly they go to watch the Kids Network with a parent after dropping everything else I instructed them to do.

I get this with my toddlers/parents. Every single time I tell the parent or a teen to do something for the toddler, they ignore it and do whatever else they want, which is why I don't use toddlers in my game anymore.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Whenever my Sims are on a lot with a bush from Get Together, they can't think about anything else. 75% of their whims are bush-related.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    > @snarkles said:
    > A parent putting a toddler into the high chair and then immediately taking it out. Rinse and repeat until everyone dies.
    > Guests trying to soothe a crying baby, preventing my Sim from actually changing its diaper or feed it.

Oh, and these things.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    When my sim invites someone to spend the night and they watch TV or play on the computer until they leave in the morning, never allowing me to fast forward time properly.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Random hugging while eating. I hate them sitting all lovely at the table, two get up, their plates disappear and they hug. Can't that wait until dinner is finished?

Also random exercising, exessive water drinking and friends that come over just to go to the PC. Rude!
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    Vampire sims asking you out to a party, in the middle of the day.. Also im pretty sure they fixed this one? but when ghosts used to call you and invite you out for stuff as well, or turn up at lots other than the one their grave was located.
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Celebrity Sims Inciting Cheers.
    It's just so out of character for most of my celebrity sims who are not pop stars, but writers, artists etc.
    One moment they are respectable intellectuals, next moment they bounce and make whale noises like complete and utter idiots.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    When a sim is doing a flirty introduction, or confesses attraction for no reason in a group conversation, making the whole conversation awkward.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Washing dishes were they angry poop. And barf. Man, don't pregnant sims barf a LOT?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play with several toddlers currently which sadly means heaps of frustration. My directions are constantly ignored or overwritten with autonomous 'check on toddler' interactions, or something else that does not make a lot of sense. Also, taking care of basic personal needs is not working very well either for any Sim in my game(s). I think the scripting needs to be taken a look at. It feels like it is becoming more and more messy and less functional. I'm tempted to call my Sims dumb, but they are not at fault...it is a technical matter, I believe.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Good question, but this is a necropost.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Guests using the computer and taking things out of my Sims' fridge to eat or cook. They shouldn't be allowed to do that unless they've been invited to stay over.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Guests using the computer and taking things out of my Sims' fridge to eat or cook. They shouldn't be allowed to do that unless they've been invited to stay over.

Oh, the cooking thing drives me nuts. Like if my sim does the same at an NPC's house they get told off for "acting inappropriately" and be warned that "if they continue then they'll be asked to leave." Yet when NPC's do the EXACT SAME THING in my sims house it's perfectly fine...smh.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited July 2019
    I had a bad one today.
    I got them all sitting down eating dinner together at the same dinner table - which was good in itself! BUT, they all suddenly stood up, mid meal and mum and son hugged, while dad and mate shook hands, before all changing seats and sitting down again! Exasperating!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Whenever my sim eats at a restaurant where there are celebrities they always leave the table to cheer and take pictures. And when their food finally arrives someone else grabs it and eats it before my sims even manage to sit down. Of course when they finally sit down, they stand up and goes toward the celebrities again..
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    My sim's obsession with cow plants. I know I'm fueling his obsession by having like four chilling on my lawn, but they don't need to be pet so dang often. Plus he's the first one to try and get eaten by them, like bro I'm trying to steal emotion juice from the guests not you.
    EMrBkJP.png