March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eyeball Ring...A Poll!

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I do really struggle with a lot of the clothing and accessories design choices in TS4. I understand that there's a theme going on, but I really, really want 'normal' clothes, that look like every day clothes people wear. I have to use cc to get that, and then I'm left with a clogged CAS because of all of the clothes and accessories that are built in game that I literally never use. It might just be me, but I don't want funny, random sims in my games, I want sims that represent life.
    I'd like to see a balance, for people who like how it is now, and for people like me. Just so there are options.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I hate it with a passion. Looking through MCCC so I can block it. If there were a way to delete it permanently from the game, I'd be all over that.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I hate it with a passion. Looking through MCCC so I can block it. If there were a way to delete it permanently from the game, I'd be all over that.
    neutral, it ruins my kijiko eyelashes so i can't use it. i've become numb to ugly townies.
    also sim guru graham hates it apparently lol:
    D9W6Ue3.png

Until this poll, I had no idea the eyeball ring messed with Kijiko cc. I haven't become numb to cringe-worthy townies yet. ;)
    I saw that sim guru graham hated it as well, too funny. Wanna bet he's got a cheat to hide it? ;D
    OMG, Hate it so much!

Somebody in another thread said that you could blacklist clothing items in MCCC.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    What? There's an Eyeball ring?
    Never noticed and checked some of my sims and no one has one that I could see.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    Love it!!!!!
    Last summer I went on vacation with my family and me and my sister were looking at jewelry at a Flea market store they had eyeball earrings that reminded me of sims 4 ring lol
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Love it!!!!!
    Catzilla wrote: »
    neutral, it ruins my kijiko eyelashes so i can't use it. i've become numb to ugly townies.
    also sim guru graham hates it apparently lol:
    D9W6Ue3.png

Until this poll, I had no idea the eyeball ring messed with Kijiko cc. I haven't become numb to cringe-worthy townies yet. ;)
    I saw that sim guru graham hated it as well, too funny. Wanna bet he's got a cheat to hide it? ;D

I have used Kijiko glasses lashes with the eyeball ring with no problem. I assume it only messes with the ring-category lashes.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    I have used Kijiko glasses lashes with the eyeball ring with no problem. I assume it only messes with the ring-category lashes.

i use the skin detail version which for some reason picks up ring textures. the accessory/glasses version works fine with rings, yeah.
    the eyeball ring in particular makes it looks like my sim has an eyeball pattern on their lashes lol.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited July 2019
    What are y'all talking about? XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hate it!
    This accessory (and it's mysterious tendency to want to appear in any randomly generated outfit):

ojqq2u.png

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    This accessory (and it's mysterious tendency to want to appear in any randomly generated outfit):

ojqq2u.png

Oh. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Never seen it on any of my sims. :/
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited July 2019
    The people who have not seen the eyball ring are so very fortunate and lucky. :#

I have used it (mostly for teens or punk related sims), but I reallllly wish it was disabled for random among the other things that show up for random.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Three pages since yesterday, people really do have feelings about it!

I never liked the ring, but constant overexposure to it is like rubbing salt in a wound. Judith Ward should not be wearing an eyeball ring over elbow-length gloves because there's weather. What could have been quirky is now... oh my, I'm having an idea.

NEW THEORY:

The eyeball ring is a signifier of membership in a Secret Society. Obviously it's a huge Society, since the ring is everywhere, and most of its members are unplayed Sims who don't live in any of the worlds, but it was a Secret nonetheless. Someone make this happen and @ me to let me know how it goes?

Edit: Building a challenge for this here.
    Post edited by phantasmkiss on
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Never seen it on any of my sims. :/

You just haven't noticed it yet. lol
    edited July 2019
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    Sindocat wrote: »

ojqq2u.png

Yep, that's the wretched ring. ;)
    Three pages since yesterday, people really do have feelings about it!

I never liked the ring, but constant overexposure to it is like rubbing salt in a wound. Judith Ward should not be wearing an eyeball ring over elbow-length gloves because there's weather. What could have been quirky is now... oh my, I'm having an idea.

NEW THEORY:

The eyeball ring is a signifier of membership in a Secret Society. Obviously it's a huge Society, since the ring is everywhere, and most of its members are unplayed Sims who don't live in any of the worlds, but it was a Secret nonetheless. Someone make this happen and @ me to let me know how it goes?

Oh, come now, the eyeball ring over evening gloves is tres chic! It's right up there with layered socks over tights.
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    Hate it!
    Its not that I hate it, I just dont think it fits with most combos of outfits, so I've just never used it. (in fact, I forgot it existed until I saw this thread, lol)
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    OMG, Hate it so much!
    I was updating a household I made pre-seasons tonight so they didn't have hot or cold weather outfits yet. Yeah, they all had eyeball rings on for Hot weather when I went to update their outfits. That and the knuckle duster rings on the other hand. NPCs love wearing the eyeball on one hand and the knuckledusters on the other.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    what is an eyeball ring
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Love it!!!!!

i use the skin detail version which for some reason picks up ring textures. the accessory/glasses version works fine with rings, yeah.
    the eyeball ring in particular makes it looks like my sim has an eyeball pattern on their lashes lol.
    Huh that is interesting it is causing some issues with that CC. That is kind of amusing an eyeball ring is causing an eyelash CC issue.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BanditInstantBanditInstant Posts: 3 New Member
    Hate it!
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > I hate it so much, I have a mod specifically designed to stop townies from being able to wear it. And those god awful rings from Get Famous are getting to that same level of despise for me.

What mod? It's really bugging me.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Hate it!
    There is unfortunately no option for , "It's stupid and and Maxis really need to fix it being flagged for random".

It's the sort of thing that you would either find at the bottom of a box of cereal or in Hot Topic (or it's modern equivalent)
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Hate it!
    Found out yesterday what it was when updating a sim in CAS. Hideous! What were they thinking, if they were?
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Love it!!!!!
    It's tacky, obnoxious, aged like vinegar so ofc I love it! At least it stands out, I can't tell the difference between most rings, we need new ones. I want a crest ring, one with a huge diamond and one of those candy ones just because haha