Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you live through yours or play fictionally?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    A little of both, I would say. Afterall, isn't that what is usually at the heart of play? Living out a fantasy through harmless means be it innocent or sinister or something in between :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I play fictional but if I really analyze it I notice how much of myself i unconciously put into the game down to the houses I make which always have the same certain designs about them. I would have to say both.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've never felt like 'playing myself' or anyone I know. It's all fictional baby. Sometimes the sims accidentally look a bit like me, or they have some of the same interests, but I see them as their own things, and any likeness is purely coincidental and just me expressing my mind.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    EmeraldDSEmeraldDS Posts: 42 Member
    A little bit of both: I often make Sims which are either literally me or basically me (i.e. same personality, interests, probably a lot of similar life experiences), however they live out completely fictional lives which have no accordance to my real life. And that's only for first gen Sims; all of my dynasties have completely fictional stories and characters with no basis in real life after the first generation.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, I play made-up Sims in made-up families, but as I am single and rather a loner, myself, there is perhaps a bit of vicarious living involved. I'd have to call it a bit of both. Mostly, however, I view it as fiction. Certainly, there are things I put some Sims through that I would go a long way to avoid, myself.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd say a bit of both -- I don't play my Simself (though I have both her and my husband in my game) but most of my Sims are creative types (like me) and I play accordingly. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to CAS Stories mode in the upcoming patch is because it could help me to get out of my comfort zone and play some different types of Sims with different scenarios.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Fictional only
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Mostly fictional. I did create my own house, Sims of myself and my husband, and human versions of our dogs. 😄
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Fictional only.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Fictional. My real life is busy and hectic, and sometimes very stressful. The last thing I want to do while relaxing with my Sims is recreate my life. I use the Sims to mellow out and forget about everything for a while. As someone that has dealt with PTSD and severe panic attacks for years, this game helps me to focus my thoughts so I am better able to control some of the panic attacks. A therapist once told me to play as myself in the game in the hope it would help me work through some of my issues. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. I play this game to have fun and to have some alone time away from all the stress. I create stories and characters, and have a great time playing. Don't mess with what works, is my motto. So I found a new therapist. That made me happy so I guess I made the right decision. B)
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    100% fiction. I once tried to play as myself but it felt weird.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    Fictional. l like to make up stories with them, at present I have an attractive wealthy couple, who has an equally attractive maid. Going to make it a soap opera.