Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OH MY GOD...is there a mod to nix autonomous beach combing yet?!

I think this is my biggest gripe right now. I'm in my second test save and I'm miffed by this interaction. It constantly comes up and will even override assigned actions. :/:#:s
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    This one is able to stopp almost every autonomous behaviour: http://modthesims.info/d/602837/self-configurable-autonomy-mod-scamv6.html

A similar function is also built into MCCommand Center, the MCTuning module, specifically.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Actually I was liking that as my sims were using their retail/vacation home to sell Selvadorada and Sulani collectables.
    Between sales, they were digging up more inventory. :D
    07-05-19_4-16-52nbspPM.png

But yeah, annoying otherwise.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    This one is able to stopp almost every autonomous behaviour: http://modthesims.info/d/602837/self-configurable-autonomy-mod-scamv6.html

A similar function is also built into MCCommand Center, the MCTuning module, specifically.

Thank you! Something for me definitely look into.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Actually I was liking that as my sims were using their retail/vacation home to sell Selvadorada and Sulani collectables.
    Between sales, they were digging up more inventory. :D
    07-05-19_4-16-52nbspPM.png

But yeah, annoying otherwise.

It's nice for the extra cash, but when I'm trying to get them to do something, it tends to cancel out what I've assigned. I think this interaction needs to be tweaked so that the draw is not so great.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Odd, mine would rather get a drink instead. I usually have to force them to beach comb.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    Odd, my sims do that if they have nothing else to do.
    Drinking, swimming, chess, or just talking seems more fun to them.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wonder if it stops being so active once the island is conserved to the max?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I wonder if it stops being so active once the island is conserved to the max?

Not that I've seen. My sims constantly get beachcombing in their queue, even if they are doing something else, including taking a jog and talking to other sims on the beach (or anywhere with sand, basically)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sims who Love The Outdoors are obsessed with beachcombing. It's only those ones I see doing it autonomously, my other sims have to be directed to do it. I kind of wish somebody would make a "kick" animation to boot them in the backsides because of how weird they look when they bend down like that. :D
    Finvola wrote: »
    Sims who Love The Outdoors are obsessed with beachcombing. It's only those ones I see doing it autonomously, my other sims have to be directed to do it. I kind of wish somebody would make a "kick" animation to boot them in the backsides because of how weird they look when they bend down like that. :D

Ahhh! This would explain it. I still think it's in hyperdrive though because it shouldn't be overriding other interactions.
    That "kick" animation would come in handy right now! :D
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not sure about stopping sims from doing the action, but Coolspear has made a mod that makes the interaction considerably faster. Go check it out here.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Finvola wrote: »

Omg thank you! I couldn’t figure out why my sims were always doing this. Now I know.