Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    well i am not affected i have a 64 bit pc so i am a ok in term of pack and expansion

What? This is not about 64-bit
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    well i am not affected i have a 64 bit pc so i am a ok in term of pack and expansion

This is for everyone.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lissmels wrote: »
    I'm honestly most upset about the packs, they look so cheap and childish and I'd much rather have the current ones :(

They will be easier to see on console and mobile. You know all this rush to Metro.

https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/emulating-microsofts-metro-design-language--webdesign-8042
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't much care how the owned packs list looks but I wish the background was easier on the eye, or at least, something interesting to look at, and doubly so for the loading screen.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game

You do know that we can‘t play new packs if we don‘t update the game?

This rebranding is terrible

this i doubt it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game

You do know that we can‘t play new packs if we don‘t update the game?

This rebranding is terrible

this i doubt it

I am absolutely amazed by this statement... :|
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game the sims4 is not an ugly game no players are the same when it comes to the sims4

There are a number of reasons why some players do not like this update, the most common that I've seen so far are:
    • Some players feel like it's a waste of time, resources or both and would have preferred other updates instead of a re-brand.
    • Some players dislike the colour choices that have been picked due to visual difficulties, such as colorblindness and migraines.
    • Some players have mentioned that it can be difficult to tell the pack icon colours apart (especially EP's and GP's) as they're a similar shade.
    • Some players are frustrated that they haven't been given the choice as to whether they want the update or not and don't want to rely on Mods to change things.

As you've said, not all players are the same, so you cannot expect everyone to like the same things that you like and vice versa. It's great that you like the look of the new update but you have to understand that there are a lot of people who don't like it. They're entitled to voice their thoughts just as much as you are.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Oh yeah, EA must really like rebranding now it seems. First they want to rebrand loot boxes as "surprise mechanics" and now whole The Sims 4 theme gets a rebrand as well. I wonder what's next in their list of attempting to save things before their eventual doom.

Oh, and "it's not removing content from the base game because we are lazy, it's a surprise addition of content in the future after like 5 years of them being absent!"
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    just answer this question what will you do if the sims5 ends up like the sims4? if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game the sims4 is not an ugly game no players are the same when it comes to the sims4 and also look what would of been added to the sims franchise if maxi had not cancel the game VzT6Cvl.jpg back in 2001

1 what TS2 would hlave been in the picture first second is the sims 4
    CftgyID.png

vrconcept.jpg

2 i disagree witt youre opinion, sims 4 is ugly at timnes behold
    getimage.php?file=1856722
    this is not beautiful and its an ugly game agree no players are the same developers just don't know how to design graphics artsyle is good i know english is not everybody but using punctuation keys even incorrectly eases the burden reading for others but if you disagree okay then people would care to read your opinion often however this is just my helpful advice

Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Tbh idc what the loading screen or whatever looks like as I barely be seeing it. i just wish theyd focus on more important things like more content and glitch fixes. the current loading screen and pack covers are fine already
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don’t hate the blue but....the loading screen is literally a blue screen with nothing but a plumbob lol

TS2 loading screens were the best imo.

I can't stand sims 2 loading screens lol. I like the current sims 4 white ones best by far, however I like the other Graphics that are coming out in the new update better. I like the new plumbob better and the new cover style better
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    Caelem wrote: »
    Tbh idc what the loading screen or whatever looks like as I barely be seeing it. i just wish theyd focus on more important things like more content and glitch fixes. the current loading screen and pack covers are fine already
    We can wish all we want, but they're priorities are out of whack that has us give the conclusion that it's not gonna happen If we gonna be realistic here. How many times have been screaming for bathroom stalls (that are doors) and urinals (toilets but for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mans) over retextured golden-toilets and talking ones? And why the plum an entire life state was skipped since from release?

Though I'm derailing. For the design, all they had to is pick the right kind of blue (matching one; dime not bright) and that would reduce complains/'hate' greatly. While people would be disappointed/frustated with other aspects, however it would not have to such level If they chosen color carefully. Now, as somebody might hate me for saying, but it would be a big mistake for the team on keeping the graphic designer around or at least not demote/move them to another job at least.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Caelem wrote: »
    We can wish all we want, but they're priorities are out of whack that has us give the conclusion that it's not gonna happen If we gonna be realistic here. How many times have been screaming for bathroom stalls (that are doors) and urinals (toilets but for plum mans) over retextured golden-toilets and talking ones? And why the plum an entire life state was skipped since from release?

very true. EA seems to always do the opposite of what we want. i honestly cant understand their choices for sims 4. even from the start they left so much out from previous games. its ridiculous. the problem is they dont have any other competition so they can do whatever they want
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game the sims4 is not an ugly game no players are the same when it comes to the sims4

There are a number of reasons why some players do not like this update, the most common that I've seen so far are:
    • Some players feel like it's a waste of time, resources or both and would have preferred other updates instead of a re-brand.
    • Some players dislike the colour choices that have been picked due to visual difficulties, such as colorblindness and migraines.
    • Some players have mentioned that it can be difficult to tell the pack icon colours apart (especially EP's and GP's) as they're a similar shade.
    • Some players are frustrated that they haven't been given the choice as to whether they want the update or not and don't want to rely on Mods to change things.

As you've said, not all players are the same, so you cannot expect everyone to like the same things that you like and vice versa. It's great that you like the look of the new update but you have to understand that there are a lot of people who don't like it. They're entitled to voice their thoughts just as much as you are.
    I realize people don’t like relying on mods to fix what they don’t like for Sims 4 I do but at the end of the day that is the choice you make updating the game. If you want to play the game you have no choice but to update it. In the end you really don’t have a choice so instead of crying over it or complaining accept it. That is the choice you made when you purchased the game. There are a lot of things I dislike from updating my game but I learned to live with them. The loading screen doesn’t affect your gameplay.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

I realize people don’t like relying on mods to fix what they don’t like for Sims 4 I do but at the end of the day that is the choice you make updating the game. If you want to play the game you have no choice but to update it. In the end you really don’t have a choice so instead of crying over it or complaining accept it. That is the choice you made when you purchased the game. There are a lot of things I dislike from updating my game but I learned to live with them. The loading screen doesn’t affect your gameplay.

This is why we need non mandatory content patches or change to game updates. Take it or leave patches, it is the best way to go for so many diverse Simmers in my opinion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.
    edited July 2019
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Of course they do. Did you know anyone can have an episode of epilepsy not just those who are diagnosed with it, it can be triggered by shapes, sound, colors. ETA: You don't know you are going to have a migraine that is the whole reason to bring it to the attention of a developer.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Yes, encourage more people to stop playing TS4! EA would love that!

Why not just encourage the marketing team to change the loading screen design and color instead?

edited July 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

Of course they do. Did you know anyone can have an episode of epilepsy not just those who are diagnosed with it, it can be triggered by shapes, sound, colors. ETA: You don't know you are going to have a migraine that is the whole reason to bring it to the attention of a developer.

This is true. It's simply a chronical condition on some people, that can be triggered by the simplest of things or sometimes "nothing" at all, meaning not caused by an outside source, it depends.

There was an episode of Pokemon back then I think, that caused a lot of "normal" people epilepsy attacks due to a multitude of bright coloured flashes appearing on the tv screen.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

This is true. It's simply a chronical condition on some people, that can be triggered by the simplest of things or sometimes "nothing" at all, meaning not caused by an outside source, it depends.

There was an episode of Pokemon back then I think, that was causing a lot of people epilepsy attacks due to a multitude of bright coloured flashes appearing on the tv screen.

Next time someone feels a little bit sick or dizzy after playing a video game they should read the symtoms, anyone at all can have a reaction to a video game or while playing too long..no breaks, and Simmers are famous for not taking a break every fifteen minutes.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019

Well, I don't suffer from migraines. If I had them and videogames made them worse, I wouldn't play videogames, but that is just my opinion.

And I was talking about people with epilepsy (the disease), I know anyone can have an epileptic attack, but not everyone has epilepsy. :|
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019

There was an episode of Pokemon back then I think, that was causing a lot of people epilepsy attacks due to a multitude of bright coloured flashes appearing on the tv screen.

Denno Senshi Porygon. A series of flashing lights put 685 Japanese viewers in hospital with seizures with two of them remaining in hospital for more than two weeks. It put the show of a four month hiatus. Nintendo's shares fell by 5% in a matter of hours. Another 12,000 children had reactions but didn't require hospital treatment. Only a small fraction of the 685 actually had epilepsy. Some had negative reactions just from the brief clip shown in the news report the next day.

It really doesn't take much to kick off bad reactions for some people. Obviously the loading screen isn't flashing lights but it's still a terrible eyesore. Just adding the option for a dark theme would fix all of my concerns as someone who has bad reactions to blue light.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    New loading screen reminds me of Windows Blue Screen Of Death. :s

Denno Senshi Porygon. A series of flashing lights put 685 Japanese viewers in hospital with seizures with two of them remaining in hospital for more than two weeks. It put the show of a four month hiatus. Nintendo's shares fell by 5% in a matter of hours. Another 12,000 children had reactions but didn't require hospital treatment. Only a small fraction of the 685 actually had epilepsy. Some had negative reactions just from the brief clip shown in the news report the next day.

It really doesn't take much to kick off bad reactions for some people. Obviously the loading screen isn't flashing lights but it's still a terrible eyesore. Just adding the option for a dark theme would fix all of my concerns as someone who has bad reactions to blue light.

Yup that was it! I couldn't remember the name but I did know that it was Pokemon.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1