Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More rabbit holes?

TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
So hear me out but I kinda want more rabbit holes in the game.

I know most of the time rabbit holes suck when you want to see what your sim is up to especially when you are playing with a single sim. But sometimes when I have multiple sims and I don't know what to do with one sim while I focus on another I really just want them to go away for a while but not necessarily have a job to go to.

So what I want is a rabbit hole system where I can send a sim away for various lengths of time on my own accord sort of like the volunteer option.

Some options would be like: Go to the movies, go shopping, run errands, go watch performance (e.g. concert, play, stand-up or sporting event), go play sport (e.g. golf, softball, baseball, basketball) etc.

For an example of what I would like to see, currently in my game I have a family consisting of a woman and her girlfriend/future wife the girlfriends daughter and her disgruntled, disapproving, retiree parents. I can send the daughter to school and after school extracurriculars, the girlfriend to work, the main woman however, works from home and is my main story point of view, but the parents sometimes I don't know what to do with and I don't always want them around.

Having the self triggered rabbit holes I could send them out of the house. Like the father to play golf or the mother to go shopping or visit friends. I know that there is the volunteer activities from Parenthood and the random outing invitations from City Living but the volunteer options don't really fit some sims personalities like mean sims, and the City Livings invites are just that, invites, so you have to hope one randomly pops up which really isn't helpful. There could also be a "send to lot" options which allows you to send a sim to an in game lot but not follow them.

The options can be of various lengths of time or continues until manually ended, provide buffs, maybe offer chance cards or even some light skill building.

These options would be great for players who like playing with a lot of sims or for players who, like me, play with free will turned off. Too many times I get focused on one sim and the others who don't have something to do are left forgotten to just stand around and do nothing and there are not enough idle, non-skill building task to set them to. But I have already discussed that in a old thread.

Does anyone else find this idea interesting, what other options would you like to see

All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png
Post edited by TayoChan on

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Kind of like the Explore Mod? I agree, I like having the option to send my sims to do something for a bit, especially in larger households.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    I realize that I a can just take them to a community lot then go back to the home lot but that is an annoying amount of loading screens.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I want less rabbit holes.
  • Options
    @citysimmer Ooh that mod is pretty much what I was trying to describe. Have you used this mod, does it work OK?
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    TayoChan wrote: »
    @citysimmer Ooh that mod is pretty much what I was trying to describe. Have you used this mod, does it work OK?

I use it and love it. It works great, but like pretty much every mod, it breaks every now and then because of patches.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    @citysimmer fair enough, I'll try it out. Thanks. I do wish thought that something would be built into the game so we don't have to worry about mod breakage.

fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’d like this
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I like this. Sometimes I just want my sim parents out of the house in the evenings and would love an option to send them out on the town (rabbit hole) while I concentrate on their kids at home. Or maybe have the kids hangout with friends off screen while I play the parents. For now, I use LittleMsSam's social activities mod, but it'd be nice to have something like it in game.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Yeah, it'd be nice. TS3 had some way to waste the time of some sims by going to the cinema or on a tour of the laboratory...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I like rabbit holes for the same reason - get the Sim out of my hair for a bit, so I can concentrate on other Sims in the household. Absolutely necessary when I have more than two Sims in the household.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like this idea too. Going to the cinema, concerts and sports game would be great ways to keep a sim occupied.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Same here. The point of the loading screens it to eliminate the rabbit holes not increase them. If you can't handle too many sims in your household move someone out and play rotational, or just don't have many kids.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    These kind of rabbit holes would be totally self activated and totally avoidable for people who don't like rabbit hole.

It would be like the volunteer interactions from Parenthood where you go to your phone or computer and select a menu then select which ever activity you want to send your sim to

For example "Go To: golf coarse",

How long like 1 hour, 3 hour, 5 hour, etc or even until you manually tell them to come home.

Who is going along with them if you want to get rid of more then one sim for a while.

Confirm and your sim is out of your hair for a while without having to move them out of the household and disrupt the story your trying to tell.

Someone who doesn't like rabbit holes can completely ignore that the interaction is even there.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    These kind of rabbit holes would be totally self activated and totally avoidable for people who don't like rabbit hole.

It would be like the volunteer interactions from Parenthood where you go to your phone or computer and select a menu then select which ever activity you want to send your sim to

How long like 1 hour, 3 hour, 5 hour, etc or even until you manually tell them to come home.

Who is going along with them if you want to get rid of more then one sim for a while.

Confirm and your sim is out of your hair for a while without having to move them out of the household and disrupt the story your trying to tell.

Someone who doesn't like rabbit holes can completely ignore that the interaction is even there.

My problem isn't whether it's optional or not. It's that I'd rather see the golf court and be able to play in it. Having it as a rabbit hole....it just doesn't make any sense. Again, if you want a sim out of your hair, because you feel like there's too many in your household, just move the sim out to another house/lot. Or leave him at home while you are travelling some other place.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I like having a mix of open venues (or hands-on careers) and rabbit-holes. It can be nice to keep a Sim busy, productive and out of trouble without having to micro-manage, letting me focus on other members of the household.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I like having a mix of open venues (or hands-on careers) and rabbit-holes. It can be nice to keep a Sim busy, productive and out of trouble without having to micro-manage, letting me focus on other members of the household.

Exactly, yes. Sometimes one specific sim needs more attention than the rest of their household, and it's handy to have somewhere to send the others.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

My problem isn't whether it's optional or not. It's that I'd rather see the golf court and be able to play in it. Having it as a rabbit hole....it just doesn't make any sense. Again, if you want a sim out of your hair, because you feel like there's too many in your household, just move the sim out to another house/lot. Or leave him at home while you are travelling some other place.

Problem is I don't want them out of my household since they are there for a very specific story telling reason, but I don't need them there every minute of every day where I have to always micromanage them. If everything was a physical lot I would have to travel with them forcing me into loading screens I don't want and it would take me away from my other sims when they may be my primary focus.
    Post edited by TayoChan on
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

Exactly, yes. Sometimes one specific sim needs more attention than the rest of their household, and it's handy to have somewhere to send the others.

Especially since with those rabit holes, they coudl increase skill level, aka give your other sims a chance to develop their skills, while you focus on a sim who needs more attention, without having to keep them on the same lot.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Ew.. rabbit holes
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    This is why I like rabbit holes. There just needs to be a balance. I'm doing a legacy in Sims 3. I have seven sims in my household at the moment! I love when the kids go off to school, and when they don't, I send them off to their relatives for the day and let them frolic there until their motives get low enough for them to come home.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Same here. The point of the loading screens it to eliminate the rabbit holes not increase them. If you can't handle too many sims in your household move someone out and play rotational, or just don't have many kids.
    Yeah... Problem is some people are fed up with too many loading screens! I find it an absolute nuisance, and even a single sim will live most of their life in their neighborhood because I don't want to deal with it. Also, don't tell others how to play their games. There's no reason a balance of open venues and rabbit holes can't exist.

Why should players be limited to only your way of playing?
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »

Yeah... Problem is some people are fed up with too many loading screens! I find it an absolute nuisance, and even a single sim will live most of their life in their neighborhood because I don't want to deal with it. Also, don't tell others how to play their games. There's no reason a balance of open venues and rabbit holes can't exist.

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-met-nick-young-the-meme-body-image-1485378510.jpg

lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    KayeStar wrote: »

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-met-nick-young-the-meme-body-image-1485378510.jpg

lol

This...

"If you can't handle too many sims in your household move someone out and play rotational, or just don't have many kids."

...because you don't think others should have an option/balance that makes how they prefer to play easier for them.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I actually LOVE rabbit holes. But perhaps we could do such activities as either a rabbit hole OR join them like the active careers? Then those who enjoy being with their sims all the time can join them, and those who want the bloody sim out of our hair for a bit can just kick them out of the house? lol
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I actually LOVE rabbit holes. But perhaps we could do such activities as either a rabbit hole OR join them like the active careers? Then those who enjoy being with their sims all the time can join them, and those who want the bloody sim out of our hair for a bit can just kick them out of the house? lol
    This would be great! It's why I wish it was possible to choose to play the game as open or closed at the beginning before getting to the menu to do anything else. That should be able to satisfy everyone, but it might be technologically impossible to implement that.