Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I don't like the blue loading screen, but I do like everything else and I usually don't watch my game load anyways.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Blue used to be my favourite colour. Not anymore :D

*opens game after update* *vomits*
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    munroele wrote: »
    hermionia wrote: »
    munroele wrote: »
    I love it! I do admit it is very Gen Z, hence most likely why i like it so much, buuuuut it suits me. Maybe a dark mode option/colour blind option for those who need/desperately hate it, but I love it. It can stay!

it is very gen z??? as a gen z i feel offended lmao... this thing stepped right out of the 90s

I'm Gen Z, and the younger characters, the bright colours and more strong graphics appeal to me a LOT! 90's and 80's everything is making a comeback, and this is wicked. I adore it.
    I'm also a veteran Sims player, having played Hot Date as a kid on my aunt's computer, but maaaan this new update makes me want to play again after getting bored. I know I'm in the target market for the Sims 4, so if I like it, surely other people my age (22) and younger will love it too, which is what the marketing team would want.

I hate to break it to you but you aren’t the target market for the sims 4. The target is teenage girls. According to both former community managers.

I don’t really have much outrage for the new brand, I think it looks child like but the new main screen doesn’t bother me. Will have to see if the loading screen does.
    Hate to break it to you too, but the target market being towards teenage girls has been a thing since the Sims 1 days. I don't get why it is such an insult, when it is like common knowledge since then. Article from the Sims Online:
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131215/the_sims_online_evolution_a_case_.php
    "Marketing. It's no secret that The Sims franchise, in general, is skewed female -- 52% of its players are female. That hasn't changed with TSO. We are very proud of this fact, since it is not a common attribute of today's games. When we first marketed this product, teenage girls who knew about The Sims were our number one fans. It was assumed that we would have a large teenage audience for TSO, and indeed most of our initial players (through beta and into public launch) were girls and women under age 25. To collect data about our audience the marketing team sent out free trial offers and surveys to people on The Sims email lists."

EA has stats on these things, so getting mad at the CMs over this is complete and utter nonsense and gets dramatized with fandom sites like it is a new thing or something when it isn't. Then again the young age of those fandom sites shows that many teenage girls have been apart of them while older sites like MTS have an older community with a wider range of a target audience of Simmers apart of it. I mean Simmers share their game data and with the Sims 4 being online connection with patches, the Sims team has all the data to back up those stats. Just because that is the target market doesn't mean that Sims shouldn't just have content for female adults however and wish it was a cycle that would finally break, but sadly been a thing since the Sims 1 days too. Male Sims and non-adult Sims have always gotten the short end of the stick.

Also have heard many young kids starting the Sims at a young age and honestly I think the Sims 4 is targeted towards an E for Everyone crowd rather than a teenage audience. Out of all the Sims games, it is the most child friendly version of the series.

I didn’t say it was an insult. That is just a fact. I did read somewhere the sims 3 was tailored more to wards older teens. The sims 4 is definitely aiming for younger teens. Differences also being in the older games they pushed the boundaries and embraced that they had many players not in their target -adults, young adults, younger kids and boys. Now their market is teens with rich parents according to Kate, the rest of us may as well take a long walk off a short pier.

I’m not disagreeing with your post.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I get chronic migraines and I legitimately have never had a problem with any game giving them to me. But as soon as I saw the new menu it instantly gave me a migraine. Something about the bright blue and green contrasting together, I just can't look at it without getting a headache. I really really hope there's an option to use the old white one, it wasn't the nicest on my eyes but it at least didn't give me a headache as soon as I looked at it. I would prefer if they just gave us a dark mode instead. And I really don't want to have to mod the game in order to not get headaches from playing it, I don't want to be stuck not being able to play the game until a mod is updated.

This is why it needs to be optional.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I personally think it's a step backwards in terms of design, but I don't really care enough about it to say I want it gone.

If it's giving you migraines or hurting your eyes or whatever it's probably a sign that you need to adjust your monitor settings (something a lot of people neglect to do)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    From the screenshots I've seen, I really like it a lot. However it's not in my game yet? Is it supposed to be? Or is this an upcoming update?

@SimAlexandria, It will come with Tuesday's update.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Every sims 4 player after this update.

218NtZl.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I guess they didn't want to run out of colors for the packs.

But ugh.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In my opinion, it's a little too late to change the game's white background to blue, since so many begged them to change the white background because it causes migranes and cluster headaches. That was five years ago, when the CM told us marketing decided the color and the color for TS4 is white. However, they made some concessions to add the gray plumbbobs which did help. Now, we see they have changed the colors to white and blue, so there is a reason marketing has picked blue but we really don't know the reason. It's some sort of marketing plan just like the white was for a particular reason. However, it's funny the blue background has the lion's share on the section to buy more packs! lol There has to be some reason for that choice. Let me adjust my tin foil hat, but I'm usually not wrong about marketing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2019
    main menu: eww, want back the original
    loading screen: hell no, i dont even wanna see it.
    new box art: it doesnt even look like video game covers, it feel like a 3rd grade study guide / workbook for elementary school. not a fan.

sounds like a great update, but the above mentioned changes are a BIG NO
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I guess they didn't want to run out of colors for the packs.

But ugh.

There are so many more colors, though. That's not the reason.

Maroon -
    Red - Cats & Dogs
    Orange -
    Light Orange - Get to Work
    Yellow - Island Living
    Light Green/Lime -
    Dark Green - Seasons
    Dark Blue - City Living
    Light Blue -
    Light Purple -
    Dark Purple - Get Together
    Magenta - Get Famous
    Pink -
    Light Pink -
    Light Brown -
    Brown -
    Dark Brown -
    Black -
    Navy -
    White -
    Grey -
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    The one above is so ugly!
    Someone on twitter made a redesign:

D_UjfmJU8AAOYv9?format=jpg&name=large
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Screenshot-38.jpg

I'd rather it be like this:

BjbJszQ.png

The dlc marketing occupying half the screen is annoying me beyond belief.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2019
    like i get wanting to update the logo, colours, textures etc. but they just went completely in and changed the look and feel of sims 4. I understand that it gets some getting used to but I just dont understand the whole going all in giving us vibrant bright colours. honestly wont buy anymore packs in the hard cover casing just because I personally dont like it to be on my shelf. but you never know I might end up liking it? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Anyone recognise this?

eEo3tWO.png

They are recolouring:

A bracelet from Seasons
    A top from Get Together (and taking the scarf away)
    A top from Fitness Stuff (even the pattern is the same)
    A cap from Get to Work
    The necklace from the Chinese new year patch
    And apparently a jacket from Get Famous

Also, they seem to be patching the Dine Out hair we already paid for (well we already paid for most of those assets they are just recolouring them).

This honestly makes me mad. Especially the last one. But I guess they are giving us a hair back.....lol
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Anyone recognise this?

zZ6vefz.png

ZlhHxW1.png

q7Q0UoH.png

They are recolouring:

A bracelet from Seasons
    A cap from Get to Work

Also, they seem to be patching the Dine Out hair we already paid for (well we already paid for most of those assets they are just recolouring them).

This honestly makes me mad. Especially the last one. But I guess they are giving us a hair back.....lol

Well, if it's possible for them to recolor then why don't they go ahead and let us recolor in the game. You know why? Because then they couldn't justify giving away (I considered it already paid for) free recolors! No tool, means they get to look good and brag of how many recolors they 'gave' to the community.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Anyone recognise this?

zZ6vefz.png

ZlhHxW1.png

q7Q0UoH.png

They are recolouring:

A bracelet from Seasons
    A cap from Get to Work

Well, if it's possible for them to recolor then why don't they go ahead and let us recolor in the game. You know why? Because then they couldn't justify giving away (I considered it already paid for) free recolors! No tool, means they get to look good and brag of how many recolors they 'gave' to the community.

It's honestly pathetic. They consider these "new ways to play" and brag about them. They'll have a livestream and say: "oooh that's so pretty!" and "I love what the art team did!". As if they weren't already in the DLC's we paid for. They already reviewed these assets on the pack livestreams they belonged to.... It's just annoying, it's the truth of it.

They shouldn't play coy with their costumers, we know exactly what packs these came from, and that you put together these recolours in less than an hour. The new hair they can brag about I guess, it does look good, but the rest simply no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Screenshot-38.jpg

The bottom one is something I can live with :) I do not know about that all blue loading screen though I do not know if it will affect my eyes or not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Anyone recognise this?

zZ6vefz.png

ZlhHxW1.png

q7Q0UoH.png

They are recolouring:

A bracelet from Seasons
    A cap from Get to Work

In an way it is like the neighborhoods which you could do yourself but now you can't until EA/Maxis sells you one. I feel an coloring wheel could work if they can't or refuse to do an full Cast implementation.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    From the screenshots I've seen, I really like it a lot. However it's not in my game yet? Is it supposed to be? Or is this an upcoming update?

@SimAlexandria, It will come with Tuesday's update.

Oh got it, thanks! Haha. I missed that somehow.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The main screen is not my favourite but the icons worry me more. I will have to face them constantly in CAS and BB. I am really disappointed it will be more difficult to recognise the pack icons in the catalogue. I play on a small laptop screen and using nearly the same colours for EP's and GP's is very annoying.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited July 2019
    Keep it! I like it!
    because I like the new menu screen, was gettin a bit tired of the old one (plus now there is more space for new packicons!) also I like to swim against the tide >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I went to a local store and I founf Island Living behind of all the other packs that were there. IL is the only one who already have the new design. Maybe the store employes found the pack the ugliest of all of them and decided to hidde it. I mean... its the new EP and it was hidden behind all of the others xD
    Seriously... this is ugly! And I am sorry for people that collect physical copies. The collection will look really weird now!

mVc5mZm.jpg

• Options
    Renato10 wrote: »
    I went to a local store and I founf Island Living behind of all the other packs that were there. IL is the only one who already have the new design. Maybe the store employes found the pack the ugliest of all of them and decided to hidde it. I mean... its the new EP and it was hidden behind all of the others xD
    Seriously... this is ugly! And I am sorry for people that collect physical copies. The collection will look really weird now!

mVc5mZm.jpg

For some reason it doesn't look like an EP cover to me. It doesn't even feel like it's part of a game with that design. It looks like some weird dvd movie lol If TS4's logo wasn't there, I wouldn't even know what it was about.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    [/quote]

For some reason it doesn't look like an EP cover to me. It doesn't even feel like it's part of a game with that design. It looks like some weird dvd movie lol If TS4's logo wasn't there, I wouldn't even know what it was about. [/quote]

Exactly!