Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🌾Farming! Is it one of the packs soon to come?👨‍🌾

13...Next

Comments

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    It’s coming!
    @Ftm1942 That sounds like fun. Farming is the pack I am most looking forward to, after RoM. There are so many rural things that could be added, the self-sustainability, the ability to sell products at farmers' markets, new products to create, livestock to tend, plants to grow. Harvestfest really meaning something.
  • GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    @LMcGE Ah, yes... Realm of Magic slipped my mind when I typed that in. That's even better! Really put my imagination and creative skills to the test with that one. Living off the Grid, Living off the Land and Witches... I'd probably end up doing a sims recreate of the Weasley's. Though, really push my skills trying to mimic that house! :D
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I definitely want it, since it's a key piece of my story.
    I mean werewolves could come. I rather both themes be separate. Werewolves should have enough content on their own to fill a Game Pack, and Farming on it's own has enough content to fill an expansion... so there really is no reason they should be merged into one pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    It’s coming!
    I really hope this expansion comes. I love harvest moon/rune factory/story of seasons games with farming and its quite fun. I do hope they add alpacas and llamas too 🥰🦙 and farmers market, and tractor for harvesting, and growing corn and wheat. And we can finally use milk, eggs, flour, as ingredients and have a country theme and new radio station and theres so much to it! Can have wool spinning and knitting as well, scarves and gloves and hats, as well as jam canning, and butter turning, and cheese station!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I would totally love a farming pack!!
    It’s coming!
    This is the EP I really want next. Farming and witches will fill out my game as much as I need - with one huge proviso - there must be new gameplay. For too long now there has been nothing new to do, longterm, in the game. TS4 needs some new actions and behaviours that are going to be more lasting and impactful, in the way that Parenthood was.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Other...
    I voted "Other" because I don't want to bring up my hopes about it only to be disappointed (like with IL). I think that it would be nice if they did make a farming EP though. Like others have mentioned, make a farming career and have objects that help with tending to the crops on a larger scale like it did in TS3 with the tractor and get to tend to cows and chickens. They can also add sheep as a totally new feature and the sims can sheer off their wool, spin it into yarn and knit or crochet sweaters or jackets, etc. They should also have a new plant: cotton - which can be processed into thread and make fabrics (which can be colored and add pattern). And from that, have sims design and make clothes from that. There's really a lot of potential self-employed careers that can be had in this scenario.

It would also be really cool if there was a fall harvest fair with corn maze, merry go round and roller coaster, cotton candy, popcorn, wack-a-mole, The Claw machine, etc. all included in the EP. TS3 has those things but all in different sets at the Sims 3 Store. It would be nice if they were all in one pack for TS4.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited July 2019
    Unsure.
    It's not my number one choice (University and a dating/romance pack are my top choices), but I definitely would like a pack like this eventually. I'm not sure if I'd say it's coming soon, maybe it will come eventually, I'd like it to come eventually, though there are other packs I'd like over it.

I'd hope to see a 'Country Living' style pack, so not solely farming but generally more rural living. A world with larger lots that are further apart would be great and is really missing from The Sims 4. I wouldn't even mind a world with less lots for this, as it kinda makes sense to have fewer but larger lots in a rural area (unlike Del Sol Valley which makes zero sense and has far too few lots - but less lots that are larger would make sense for this pack so I'd be ok with it, as long as it's not too small and the lots are all well sized). Also I would love horse riding! A new stable-type lot would be great for this. You could have your own horses at home, or rent a stall at the stable to board them there, or just go to the stable and take lessons. Also some new animals like sheep, cows, etc. would be good, though I would imagine they'd be less interactive and more object-like (tied to a paddock or similar) and you can milk, get wool and such. Farmers markets would be great too where you could buy & sell things would be great too. It would also be a good opportunity to add in some better off the grid items, things like solar panels and wells would be great - not all off the grid means zero power, it means having more eco-friendly ways of generating it.

I hope it comes, maybe not very soon (I would expect next summer as the very earliest possible), but I know a lot of people want it and I can see it adding lots of cool new gameplay.
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I've been waiting for a farming game since the sims started. Horses really don't have anything to do with farming (unless they added a plow field option).

New careers/jobs/part time such as farming, competition rider or instructor, farm hand

Canning, new pies, Vinyards, wine

sewing/knitting, new harvestables (peaches, plums, cucumbers, corn, wheat, cabbage, etc)

Cows, chickens/ducks/geese, pigs, sheep/alpaca/llama (milk, meat, eggs for new dishes + wool for sewing - animals would likely be kept in coops and pens), farmers markets to sell this stuff

New home grown/home cooked meal moodlet, chicken noodle soup and stews added.

County fair which you could show your animals for prizes, riding competitions for horses

Outhouses, water pumps, wells, solar panels, more off the grid living

New garden plots (2, 4, 6 size in long, single row rectangles), larger field plots that need planted in the spring, tended to in the summer, and harvested in the fall.

I've seen so many ideas on a farming pack, and the fact that they asked about it means it could be coming in the future. I want it now but I don't expect it to come this year... maybe early 2020 if we're lucky. I unfortunately see university coming before that. Like people said, they want a game to help them escape from what they live with everyday... I live in the city, I hate it. I went to college, I hated that too. I don't really care to add University at all unless they add a teaching career.. it would basically just be a game pack at most and one I don't see the point of the way I see a farming one.
    It’s coming!
    Anyahs wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a farming game since the sims started. Horses really don't have anything to do with farming (unless they added a plow field option).

New careers/jobs/part time such as farming, competition rider or instructor, farm hand

Canning, new pies, Vinyards, wine

sewing/knitting, new harvestables (peaches, plums, cucumbers, corn, wheat, cabbage, etc)

Cows, chickens/ducks/geese, pigs, sheep/alpaca/llama (milk, meat, eggs for new dishes + wool for sewing - animals would likely be kept in coops and pens), farmers markets to sell this stuff

New home grown/home cooked meal moodlet, chicken noodle soup and stews added.

County fair which you could show your animals for prizes, riding competitions for horses

Outhouses, water pumps, wells, solar panels, more off the grid living

New garden plots (2, 4, 6 size in long, single row rectangles), larger field plots that need planted in the spring, tended to in the summer, and harvested in the fall.

I've seen so many ideas on a farming pack, and the fact that they asked about it means it could be coming in the future. I want it now but I don't expect it to come this year... maybe early 2020 if we're lucky. I unfortunately see university coming before that. Like people said, they want a game to help them escape from what they live with everyday... I live in the city, I hate it. I went to college, I hated that too. I don't really care to add University at all unless they add a teaching career.. it would basically just be a game pack at most and one I don't see the point of the way I see a farming one.

All of the above please, although I do think this would be the pack for horses. If you want to own a ranch they are ideal, or, if like me you like in Europe, horse riding and competitions are huge fun, and of course not restricted to those who own farms.

I would like to see the ability to buy plots as fields/farm in the way we can buy businesses, restaurants etc. now. I even have a family in the countryside of Windenburgh all set up with a large farm house and then the other buildings bulldozed to make way for orchards, however I have had to set those as parks and my family cannot save up to buy them, nor can they harvest any of the fruit or veg growing in them. So sad. :(
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It’s coming!
    I really hope so would bring so much to the game, more animals, new world, harvestables, tractors, maybe even a county fair, farmers market I love it
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    LMcGE wrote: »

All of the above please, although I do think this would be the pack for horses. If you want to own a ranch they are ideal, or, if like me you like in Europe, horse riding and competitions are huge fun, and of course not restricted to those who own farms.

I would like to see the ability to buy plots as fields/farm in the way we can buy businesses, restaurants etc. now. I even have a family in the countryside of Windenburgh all set up with a large farm house and then the other buildings bulldozed to make way for orchards, however I have had to set those as parks and my family cannot save up to buy them, nor can they harvest any of the fruit or veg growing in them. So sad. :(

I feel like horses and ranches could be their own game pack since they don't have alot to do with Farming per-say. Racing, showing, ranching, that old western look? it would fit more there than an overall farming pack. Though it would likely add unicorns as well
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Other...
    The part of a farming pack that would excite me the most is the county fair. I really want the midway game booths and small rides, these could easily cross over into other worlds and allow us to make parks more fun.

Non-event plant sims might also tie in to this pack. Maybe this trait could make you into a more effective farmer?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Eh. I don’t care.
    if it do come i will buy it but i do not care about the off the grid trait since i will never use that lot trait in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    It’s coming!
    Anyahs wrote: »
    LMcGE wrote: »

I feel like horses and ranches could be their own game pack since they don't have a lot to do with Farming per-say. Racing, showing, ranching, that old western look? it would fit more there than an overall farming pack. Though it would likely add unicorns as well

You are right about it being more of a western look. I was trying to be inclusive. I hope, if farming comes, it is a greener world, more like rural Windenburgh, we already have two western US worlds and much as I love them I think that's enough for now. However equestrianism is a popular rural pastime. I think unicorns can wait, or be included in RoM. I love fantasy play and I'm really looking forward to RoM, but for farming, while I wouldn't mind a little bit of quirky fun, I see it as being more realistic overall.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    It’s coming!
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960849/farming-expansion-pack-ideas#latest

honestly tho, this sounds more awesome than Island Living, a glorified game pack.
    but im also being cautious tho, EA would probably just mind 30% of this wish list, as always.

and im also aware that catloverplayer would like to have more romance options.

Wedding-1.jpg
    Wedding-2.jpg

y'all got bread?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don’t want it.
    It's obviously coming, as it is one of the most highly requested packs out there, but I could care less. I'd much rather more Supernaturals and/or University.
    funny-gifs20.gif

It’s coming!
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960849/farming-expansion-pack-ideas#latest

honestly tho, this sounds more awesome than Island Living, a glorified game pack.
    but im also being cautious tho, EA would probably just mind 30% of this wish list, as always.

Wedding-1.jpg
    Wedding-2.jpg

These are so beautiful. Such a pretty, romantic take on country living.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    It’s coming!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Pet horses and ponies that we can make through CAS/adopt, etc like cats and dogs.
    Training horses and getting into competitions
    Growing livestock like cows and chicken.
    New harvestables/crops/ingredients (cabbages, lettuce, corn, wheat, hay, plums etc) .
    Produce markets where we can sell the crops plus other ingredients like eggs, milk, corn, flour, butter etc.
    Barns
    Making compost to use as fertiliser
    Jam, marmalade and jelly making
    Solar panels
    Etc.

I would add sewing machines, and a rocking chair also, maybe even a Butter churn. They could add more pies, and a fair,
    ...... or it could be a farming pack combined with medieval stuff.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don’t want it.

Wedding-1.jpg
    Wedding-2.jpg

Yeah, no, sorry, farming is just gardening. There's no way it'd have more than Island Living. Certainly not enough to be with the $40 price tag.
    It’s coming!
    @PlayerSinger2010 Hi, I know everyone has their own tastes, likes and dislikes etc. and clearly Farming doesn't appeal to you, that's okay, but farming is definitely not just glorified gardening. Just take a look at the long list of things people have come up with that could be included in such an EP and you can see the sad reality for those of us who do fancy it is - we will likely not get half of them because they would come way over the price of an EP.

I hope whatever pack is high up your list of wants comes soon, we all want to have lots of content we enjoy in the game. :smiley: