Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long are your loading screens?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    45-60 seconds
    Just timed it, 49s from clicking 'play' on the map to loading the lot. With Firefox and music player on the background and not-so-small amount of mods. Game on an HDD, it would be probably faster on an SSD.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    30-45 seconds
    Ok, I finally timed it myself. My computer is three years old, but can run Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018) and Resident Evil 2 Remake (2019) flawlessly, I've been playing my main save of TS4 on the highest settings since January 2017, I own all expansions except Island Living and Toddler Stuff, and my mods folder weighs 1.82 GB, filled with mostly CC. These are my times:

Loading the game: 35 seconds from when the music starts to the main menu (first time only; if I quit the game and play it again later without shutting down the computer in-between, it's usually faster).
    From main menu to world: 5 seconds
    From world to CAS: 2 seconds

Loading Croft Manor (64x64 lot in Windenburg countryside): 57 seconds 1st time, 25 seconds 2nd time
    Loading a 40x30 and a 20x20 lot in the same neighbourhood: 20 and 18 seconds, respectively
    Loading Castle of Arendelle (64x64 lot on Windenburg Island): 45 seconds 1st time, 33 seconds 2nd time
    Returning to the world map: Didn't time it, but considerably faster.

I'm not sure what to make of this. It's clear that bigger lots with more stuff on them take longer to load, but there have to be other factors as well because otherwise it would be weird that my Castle of Arendelle, which is full of clutter and so big that it takes up nearly the entire lot, initially loads faster than the smaller and less overstuffed Croft Manor, but slower the second time. It might also have something to do with Croft Manor already being inhabited (although I entered both of them in Build Mode to compare).

Also in Arendelle: When I place or remove a lamp, it takes roughly five more seconds for the lighting changes to take effect. Yeah, that castle is really huge, and the fact that I'm planning to move in my very first eight-headed family probably isn't going to help it...
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    5-10 seconds
    Around 5-7 seconds. I have a pretty good computer, so loading screens aren't usually an issue for me.