Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s watch: Maxis Monthly - July

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I watched some of the video. I don't like the new blue loading screen - it's too bright. The quiz looks like fun and I can definitely see myself using it from time to time. I'm annoyed that Steve cheated the funds though because I wanted to see how much money the sim got.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    @Akl500P I didn't see any 'new' plants- though some people may have been confused in seeing more plants than they currently have (because they don't own all the packs). Also didn't see any new decor. I use the build/buy/debug stuff a lot... Still not seeing the hype. I have seen the opposite (of what you've apparently seen?)- builders not hyped, not excited, and very frustrated that there are still vital issues which were (again) not addressed.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    I liked how Lyndsay said this game isn't going anywhere and they are committed to those who love the Sims. I never liked any Sims game prior to Sims 4 because in my opinion the graphics and the way the Sims looked was awful, so never played. Never knew the Sims existed until Sims 3. Yet, when I saw the Sims 4 trailer I was hooked by how the Sims now look, graphics and game play possibilities. Happy you have the option to stick with old Cas which I will. Don't notice the loading screen because it is 15 to 20 seconds or less. Thank you Sims teams and looking forward to what comes in the future--so hoping there is a Farming Expansion Pack in the future. Wishful thinking. Happy Simming. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I know they started a new game when they did story mode, but can we do stories on new people we add to existing games?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I know they started a new game when they did story mode, but can we do stories on new people we add to existing games?

It's whenever you create a new sim in CAS. You can't do it for already existing sims.
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just watched the MM-Video. Liked what I saw. The CAS-Story mode will make my playing way more challenging because I like to give my sims the "good" traits such as nice, clean, likes Kids and so on. Story mode will reward me with sims I will experience as challenging. And I will take the challenge :-) Good Idea SimGurus! I also can not wait to see what builders will do with all those liberated objects!
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2019
    SimChi wrote: »
    The new designs look cheap (and horrid). The old design looks far more professional. Also, does the "locked in aspirations/traits" mean that people (even if they don't use that randomizer quiz) who design their own sims are stuck with the aspirations/traits that they choose? And what about changing townies (via mods, which are, thankfully, available to us). Are the townie traits locked in as well? How will this modify our gp in full cas mode?

And, people who are excited about the unlocked items- keep in mind that this is only for the packs that you own... So what is unlocked will be far less than the (overhyped) "over 1000 items" that they said. Additionally, you could already access those items already through buydebug (and you can see that some of the objects- watch when he does the big rock and tries to scale it down- which are too big for lots.. so unusable). So that's nothing new (except you don't have to go to testingcheats on and type out 'bb.showhiddenobjects').

I am also iffy on the new design....

Remember you can reset your traits with the aspiration reward re-traiting potion and Realm of magic will be coming out soon, maybe there will be potions to reset traits as well. There is also testingcheats cas.fulleditmode where you would be able to unlock your traits and put in exactly what you want.

Edit: I'm on console and if I cheat I can no longer earn my achievements; if it is completely unlocked without cheating then itll help, but if not, then I wont be able to use those objects
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It's whenever you create a new sim in CAS. You can't do it for already existing sims.
    I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking the CAS Story mode would be great for creating random townies. Or a combined household of Sims to either play or use as neighbors. It would be a fun project but rather tedious if a new save was required each time. ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Love the new plumbob and new look!

and the personality quiz seems fun!
    though not sure if I am quite ready to be making a new sim to try it out if I can't assign it to already made sims :joy:
    legacy oh great legacy :sweat_smile:

also that debug update is AWESOME :love:
    finally after all this time so much things to use
    so many decorative items and landscaping that FINALLY goes with the worlds

Builders rejoice! its building time!

When writing it is a very good thing to have certain questions asked about the character you're creating. I look forward to this quiz, and I like that our Sims will start out with some skills. I use MCCC currently and it takes so much time just trying to give my new Sims skills they should already have, since many times I will start an entire family. It's unreasonable to think the parent Sims, who are normally Adults would start off with no skills. This is a very welcome change.

I, too, hope you have the option on the traits.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I actually agree with the traits not being editable since there is already a trait randomizer for people who want to control that @ListentoToppDogg

@EnjoyfulSimmer But what if people want more than a trait randomizer? What if they want to randomize the skills and career and do the whole 'story' stuff, but not get stuck with traits they dislike? They can't and to me that makes no sense. I think there should have still been that option to edit the traits afterward. If some players were fine with what they got and wanted to keep those traits, they could just leave them the same. But to me an option should have been them for them to be changed if the player wanted.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    I actually agree with the traits not being editable since there is already a trait randomizer for people who want to control that @ListentoToppDogg

@EnjoyfulSimmer But what if people want more than a trait randomizer? What if they want to randomize the skills and career and do the whole 'story' stuff, but not get stuck with traits they dislike? They can't and to me that makes no sense. I think there should have still been that option to edit the traits afterward. If some players were fine with what they got and wanted to keep those traits, they could just leave them the same. But to me an option should have been them for them to be changed if the player wanted.
    I think they should add the ability to add skills and careers in cas (without the quiz) - the functionality is there now, so why not just add the required buttons?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I'm really liking the new look actually. The CAS story mode seems interesting but like it would get old fast, in my opinion, especially since there are so few traits, aspirations, and careers to begin with.

I just really hope that they soon do something about that and with the Sims themselves. I see the picture of the new base game sims and I want to be excited to play with them. But I know once I plop them in my game they're all going to be the same and all walk around with the same silly grin on their faces :/ they won't be nearly as interesting as they look in the picture.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

That doesn't really say much. Also Playing Island Living I will never meet them, which is kind of sad. Wish there was a check box just like "played" for "allowed to use in Sulani".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    I’m excited about story mode, I just really hope that it can be done for all ages in some way or another and not just a single person household!!! I also really like the new characters and the look... But the icons and the loading screen are rough. The bright white was hard on the eyes but this blue saturation is rough... This is gonna give lots of us headaches !!!! And the icons in build mode, them all being the same color is gonna be super hard to find stuff if you’re just scrolling.
    I’m excited about story mode, I just really hope that it can be done for all ages in some way or another and not just a single person household!!! I also really like the new characters and the look... But the icons and the loading screen are rough. The bright white was hard on the eyes but this blue saturation is rough... This is gonna give lots of us headaches !!!! And the icons in build mode, them all being the same color is gonna be super hard to find stuff if you’re just scrolling.

I agree about the icons.... I already have to get an eyeglass out to tell the difference between some of them.... lol. But, I tend to remember which of my favorites are in which pack, and just bring the specific pack up.... but sometimes I can find it hard looking for something I don’t often look for.
    @SimGuruMorgan and @SimGuruGraham It’s nice to get new people with stories, but could you also give us the ability to favorite more people ? I’m running out of room with all the Maxis made people I have in my game. I hate having to choose between making people and using ones that come with the packs already!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @SimGuruMorgan and @SimGuruGraham It’s nice to get new people with stories, but could you also give us the ability to favorite more people ? I’m running out of room with all the Maxis made people I have in my game. I hate having to choose between making people and using ones that come with the packs already!

You can set it to unlimited in options.
  • abbyblueflowerabbyblueflower Posts: 15 Member
    I love the Story Mode idea and cannot wait to try it. It is more than just using a randomize button for it adds to your sims background story. Wonderful! It says you cannot change aspiration and traits that they are locked, but does the aspiration stay locked once in game. I doubt it. Being able to constantly switch aspirations to meet goals makes things really easy and can be annoying if you forget to switch when you do something. I liked the way Sims 3 made you finish an aspiration before doing another. You really had to choose carefully.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Alexa is telling me Island Music isn't supported yet.
  • ParallelSimsParallelSims Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm really excited about the unlocked objects! I already have ideas of what I want to build with them :)
  • GucciGurlGucciGurl Posts: 1 New Member
    I saw this on youtube and I am quite shook, but I think it will make our gameplay more realistic
  • badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    I'm really excited to try the new CAS story mode, honestly. I love doing challenges so having an idea in mind for a Sim and then having the traits and aspiration pre-picked is almost a mini challenge in itself. Hope we see this feature roll out before the end of summer!
  • gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    Wisteriia wrote: »
    My question is can I create a sim without the quiz?

Yes. They said the current way of creating a sim will still be in effect.