Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims that are married or in a relationship

so i never really play sims in relationships or married in the sims 4 they always feel so disconnected from each other. is there a secret to get a more loving cuople in the sims 4 without forced interactions all the time..

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yes. I make sure my married couples talk to each other. I try to make sure my Global Superstar kisses his wife and says goodbye before he heads out the door to whatever activity his job calls him to. If he hosts a Fan Meet & Greet, he brings his wife along. They used to dine out fairly often, but that is incredibly bugged, lately. It may curb their habit. He also tends to his toddler children. He's not afraid to change diapers, either, which is good his wife just presented him with a set of twins.

Oh, and I play on autonomous, too. That way, it's nice to catch my Sims being sweet with each other all on their own.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Yes. I make sure my married couples talk to each other. I try to make sure my Global Superstar kisses his wife and says goodbye before he heads out the door to whatever activity his job calls him to. If he hosts a Fan Meet & Greet, he brings his wife along. They used to dine out fairly often, but that is incredibly bugged, lately. It may curb their habit. He also tends to his toddler children. He's not afraid to change diapers, either, which is good his wife just presented him with a set of twins.

Oh, and I play on autonomous, too. That way, it's nice to catch my Sims being sweet with each other all on their own.[/
    thank you
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    My married Sims are always totally into each other. It's all I can do to get them to stop at 3 kids! If both are home, and I don't have a toddler for them to Check On or Watch, they are like this:

IZuiFFy.png

When one sits down to eat (Riley loves the outdoors), the other will follow to sit and eat with him.

G87v7Ej.png

This is the only dedicated couple I have really played in TS4, a remake of my original TS3 Sims, but they have never cared about flirting with anyone else, and are also each other's best friends.

They don't share a lot of Traits or anything. They just get along. I don't force interactions, but I do try to fulfill any Whims they have to socialize with each other. That seems to be enough to prompt them to seek each other out, otherwise.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love hearing about these sweet couples. I cant give any advice because although I have a married couple I think they had too many kids. Now they barely have time for eachother. Ugh.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2019
    i tend to focus more on each sims' personal goals rather than maintaining the relationship of my married sims. them getting married or, more specifically, having had a kid together, was just a means to continue the legacy

but when i do want my married sims to have more love in their relationship, i get them to do small things like kiss each other on the cheek every now and then. keeping the romance bar high

if you have City Living, they could go to the romance festival together. if you have Dine Out, they could go and have dinner together one night. have them spend time together any time you can

i think it's very difficult if there are a lot of kids, though. i've never had more than 3 at a time and i've never really had much trouble maintaining the love between couples (though to be honest it's not really at the top of my priorities). maybe try having less kids and see if that improves it? it may be a one-or-the-other situation; can't have a lot of kids and a well maintained, loving relationship between the parents. but maybe not
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think a lot of comes down to the story you make up in your head. As someone else mentioned, leaving some autonomy can help, cause then sims with a high romantic bar will seek each other out. I've had my sims autonomously serenade each other when inspired, give each other passionate kisses, or even duck out to a closet for a make out session! I also like to pay attention to my sims whims, and so that can help as well--seeing the little blurb above the sims head saying they want to kiss, whoohoo with, get married to, or make a baby with their significant other helps make it feel like the sim is actually invested in the relationship lol.

Aside from that, I'll just second what else has been said here--making little moments can go a long way.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The main thing I do is make sure they have a high Romantic relationship with each other -- which may mean a bit of spamming once in a while. But the higher the romantic relationship, the more likely they'll autonomously act autonomously. One of my older saves I had a married couple who were constantly flirting with each other; if they were both working in their study. one Sim would autonomously start Serenading the other, or they'd blow kisses to each other. Made it a bit harder for them to get work done but it was worth it -- if I want my Sims to focus on work I'll have them work alone and lock the door.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    newtoneanewtonea Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Babykittyjade;c-17158798"]I love hearing about these sweet couples. I cant give any advice because although I have a married couple I think they had too many kids. Now they barely have time for eachother. Ugh. [/quote]

This is just too real for me. Also it's so hard to have a bunch of kids in the game and have a loving fun couple. Even when older kids help you just feel bad. Like they should be living their own lives.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My favorite couple have maxed out friendship and romance bars, even though they just survived glitchy triplet toddlers with wild streaks. One thing I do is always try to have them go to bed at the same time, even when one is not very tired.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I think the key is to get a high friendship level between them, even before hooking up romantically.
    I had a couple that were quite low in friendship for some reason (I tried, believe me!) and they would occasionally decline the other's romantic gestures.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Sindocat OMG that first picture--too cute and precious!

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I had one sim that I sent on a couple of dates each with the 3 cutest townies in town, LOL. She got equal time with each of them and a roughly equal amount of interaction commands from me. There was one guy she had absolutely no chemistry with even though they got along and spent quality time together. Another guy was the clear winner with the most pink in their relationship bar, so that one became her boyfriend. I've noticed that my sims' friendship and romance bars will fill up at different rates with different sims, so I think it helps to set them up with someone they have a natural attraction to in the first place.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Usually in my case once they have a kid they rarely do flirty interaction autonomously
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My sim couple have 5 kids but they still act like they are on their honeymoon. I play with full autonomy on but help them retain both friendship and romance at full. They never stop talking to each other and do autonomous romance all the time. They follow each other e.g.. If I send one to garden the other will autonomously come and help. They kiss a lot and they have trouble containing their excitement when one comes home from work. She dated several guys and he was her clear favourite so I married them.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    My newlyweds are spontaneously flirting, and seeking each other out at meal-times, with one sitting back down to chat even if he finishes eating before the other. Again, unprompted. Today I wasn't even needing to queue actions to meet Whims, as they were spontaneously engaging in the things their Whims were prompting: "Flirt with Alexander", "Be Friendly with Alf", etc.

nmtvD7q.png
    Alexander blows a kiss at his husband, Alf, unprompted.

bF6PqVS.png
    Alf returns to the dining table after clearing his plate to chat with Alexander, unprompted.

Between that and spontaneous visits from the new in-laws (first, the Goths, their new across the street neighbors, and later spontaneously Alf's dad Avery from Oasis Springs), I had very little directing to do today. Just gentle nudges to get my boys better acquainted with each other's families. They also are continuing to build friendship with each other. Romance had out-paced it, so they still have progress to make in that green bar. :)