Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a glitch?

I noticed when I played the other day in Sulani that my sims were putting plates where they couldn't possibly go and some of them were floating so they would put dishes down in random spots because they couldn't get to the weird placed dishes.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, it is a new issue.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I haven’t had that happen but I do find they place them everywhere on those new modular shelves (which appear to have lots of slots). I didn’t realize it at first; my sims kept getting the tense dirty surroundings moodlet. I finally raised the walls and found out what was causing it! Oh and I once found a dirty bowl on a lamp. Do the new lamps have slots?
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I never get the notifications for Island events like the flower festival or fishing competitions. I have never even seen one happening in my game, I only know about them because I have seen them in other simmers YouTube videos. I have tried repairing my game, starting new games and nothing works. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am having the same problem. I believe this glitch was fixed at one time but it seems the June update broke it. All my Sims used to take their dishes into the kitchen then wash them. Now they leave dirty dishes everywhere. Even my neat freak Sims are doing this. They are finding slots to place plates and cups and glasses in the strangest places now, slots that I can't use for placing decor items but my Sims can use for hiding dirty dishes. How is that possible?

@Scarlett2k They might be using a newer mod that gives the player a notification of the new events in Sulani. The festival notifications were left out of Island Living because the devs thought they might not fit in with the more relaxed lifestyle. So now we have to look for these events and hope we can find one to attend.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Scarlett2k wrote: »
    I never get the notifications for Island events like the flower festival or fishing competitions. I have never even seen one happening in my game, I only know about them because I have seen them in other simmers YouTube videos. I have tried repairing my game, starting new games and nothing works. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep, same here.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    The only Island event that has notifications is turtle hatching, which means I'm sure a lot of simmers and missing island events.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Could this be connected to the 'don't wash dishes where you angry-poop mod', by any chance? If not...

I googled to see if there's a current bug-report; looks like the dirty-dishes bug has been around a long time; here's an old post of Crinrict's. There was a reddit post (awesome pic!) as recently as March 2019.

I don't see anything current, unless it's related to the 'objects floating in midair' bug (seems doubtful?). Worth making a bug-report for it?
    @Tiarella I don't use that mod so, no to it being the cause.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Thanks, @Paigeisin5! I used the bug-report forum's search field, and there's no current report listed. Would one of you experiencing this like to fill out a report so everyone else can 'me-too' it, & maybe get it fixed again? Here's the relevant section explaining how to fill out the bug-report template. (Should be Crinrict's post #4.)

I can't do it 'cuz it hasn't happened in my game yet (I have a lot of other bugs, though). Would be great if one of you would report it where QA will see it! :cookie::smile:

Okay now I want cookies. (I don't keep any around ...because I'd eat them.)
    It's hard to say what is causing this. But I have had it going on again since the patch. I don't put sinks or counters in any of the bathrooms because this bug gets nuked then it pops up again after a couple of updates or patches. It happens in my vanilla save also, which has no CC or mods, and is the save I use to test new packs and updates. What puzzles me is the odd locations these plates, cups and glasses end up. The Sims are really good at hiding dirty dishes where they can't be seen or on top of things that shouldn't have slots for decor items, let alone dirty dishes.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Scarlett2k wrote: »

I didn't know those existed until I read this just now lol