Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar Questions

The first problem I'm having is that the festivals are falling on the main holidays and everything is jumbled together, frex: The Romance festival is on the same day as New Year's. Can I change this?

The second thing is I'd like to be able to maybe remove one of the main winter holidays, there are too many lumped too close together (just like RL :) ). Are we allowed to do that yet?

Comments

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yes you can edit the calendar. There should be option to edit on your left side of the calendar pop-up.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Yes you can edit the calendar. There should be option to edit on your left side of the calendar pop-up.

I know I can edit the goals or add my own holiday but can I move the day Winterfest day falls on or cancel New Year's? I haven't seen how to do that so far.
  • Options
    GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, you can delete all the holidays and re add them wherever you want them to be on the calendar. The only thing's I haven't figured out how to remove, not sure if it's possible is the Talent Showcases. But, holidays and objective event days such as "Lottery Day" etc... can be moved/added wherever you want them.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2019
    You can edit holidays at anytime. You can delete holidays until the day of the holiday.
    If it is the day of the holiday, you should be able to delete all of the traditions on that day (I've never tried to delete all, only ones like Father Winter or the Bunny when they don't show by a certain time), then choose another day "redo" that holiday manually for a future day.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Do festivals show on the calendar?
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Do festivals show on the calendar?

Sadly, no, though they always fall on the same day of the week, every two weeks I think? Personally, I LIKE cooridinating the festivals with holidays--at least some of them anyway. You can't really decide where the cycle of festivals starts when you begin, but once I see that the romance festival happens to show up in spring and fall, I'll, say, move Love Day to Saturday so love day happens on the same day as the love festival, that kind of thing. I have one save where the humor and hijinks festival was on my Spooky Day every year, and that was super fun. Another one that I've liked is I made an easter/spring cleaning type holiday called 'Springfest" and if I can swing that to go with the spice festival it's always been a treat :smiley:
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Flea Market - Sunday 10am to 6pm
    Humor & Hijinks - Monday 5pm to 11 pm
    Geekcom - Tuesday 10am to 4pm
    Spice Festival - Friday 5pm to 1am
    Romance - Saturday 5pm to 1am

You have to figure out which week each festival starts in your game, as (obviously) they do not happen every week.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2019
    Tiarella wrote: »

Oh, yeah, I've seen that. I know what order they go in--it's just that you never know where the cycle is going to start. SO there's always that first week where you have to wait and see what festivals there are that first season ;-P
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Thanks, you guys, this helps. I kept getting dinged for "holiday was awful' because the festivals happened at the same time and I could complete the holiday goals too. I don't know why I couldn't delete the holiday before, it must have been during the holiday where you aren't allowed to change the thing. I can't wait to resynch the calendar so things aren't all at the same time.