Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I hate the new colour scheme, the loading screen looks flat and the blue isn't the best .. at all I mean I'm all for a bit of change but this is not a good one!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @jujuwah wrote: »
    do they have a reason for this ugliness? or are they just bored and wanted to paint

After 5 years, they want to renew the design as if The Sims 4 was a new game in order to boost the sales. It's a restart.
    A restart only EA benefits from. Not the players.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »

D_UNrt_X4AACjq2?format=jpg&name=large

I feel like simply going darker would have been a better choice. ^mine

D_UBEdDUEAI-g4e?format=jpg&name=large

I prefer even brighter blue :)

fbX2yhO.png

I don't understand how this could be "too bright". The first loading we had was literally pure white. It's not like TS4 supports HDR and outputs 1000+ nits to your eyes.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    @elelunicy
    Thanks that is just what I needed today was ANOTHER migraine second day in a row I appreciate it, man.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Techbilt wrote: »

D_UNrt_X4AACjq2?format=jpg&name=large

I feel like simply going darker would have been a better choice. ^mine

D_UBEdDUEAI-g4e?format=jpg&name=large

I prefer even brighter blue :)

fbX2yhO.png

I don't understand how this could be "too bright". The first loading we had was literally pure white. It's not like TS4 supports HDR and outputs 1000+ nits to your eyes.

Not to offend, but that's much worse actually. That makes EA's look good. Too bright.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Well we have 2 Plumbobs in the same game, because the ones above the sims head, and the logo doesn't match.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I don't mind the color so much, but I wish there was some framing to it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Avenida Sims has it right.

This looks great to me.
    D_UF8sGWkAAdwxw.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Jadesimmer wrote: »
    One more reason not to enter the game...

One more reason to convince me to quit this game and continue with previous ones...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Jadesimmer wrote: »
    One more reason not to enter the game...

One more reason to convince me to quit this game and continue with previous ones...

I did. I used TS4 until now barely just to build. I know someday they would impressed me or give me a reason to get out of this. As expected the second became real. I don't care at this point. I still playing The Sims 2 frequently and the day they announced the rebranding I felt that was like a call to me to get out definitively. I uninstalled the game. I have no desire to get back to it ever again! I installed The Sims 3 again and for now I will only play the old three games everytime I want and waiting for the supposed competitor to be real, at the point that I will just pretend TS4 doesn't exist!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why change it? Because hidden gifs and subliminal messages are easily hidden on a blue screen rather than a white one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but that loading screen in my opinion is pushing the seemingly-minimalist art style approach sims 4 developers have adapted since its release a bit step too far. It's lazy, unexciting and lack of feeling/depth and just makes me want to get past this horrid screen as soon as possible because the blue is simply too bright for my eyes and makes me uncomfortable.

Let's take a trip down the memory lane and look at a previous sims game's loading screen:

jon-wofford-4.gif?1553141446

This is the loading screen of the sims 3: Pets for Xbox 360. I'm no expert when it comes to colour palette theory but notice how the cold-dark blue background of the loading screen contrasts the warm screenshot placed in the middle? It wouldn't take much effort to divert the viewer's attention to the picture automatically upon seeing this loading screen because it brings out a sense of cosiness and excitement towards the gameplay in such a lovely town that is shown in the photograph.

Oh and notice that the tiny plumbob in the top left corner rotating as well. Is this a simple loading screen? Yes, it is. But is it a design that makes you feel uncomfortable? No, it isn't.

I would love that type of loading screen for the PC. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Maybe black would of been a better choice for the S4 rebranding.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    All the talk of migraines has seriously gotten me thinking -- I suffer from migraines but have been mostly migraine-free for over a year after some lifestyle and diet changes. Yet yesterday, after perusing this board and looking at these images, I have a killer headache for the first time in months and months. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited July 2019
    That's good to know, thanks, but they need to show the UI as it looks when we are playing, not just on a fresh install.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    why make the sims 4 ugly? cause the game just hasnt reached its full potential on how bad it can get.

You win the internet today. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Actually, I remember a tweet that a guru said (I can't remember which guru) that design and game mechanics are two different departments, so no resources that go into the actual game were used for this.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    why make the sims 4 ugly? cause the game just hasnt reached its full potential on how bad it can get.

You win the internet today. :D

yey!!! the internet is all mine! muahahahaha ;)
    -pulls the plug
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2019
    just answer this question what will you do if the sims5 ends up like the sims4? if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game the sims4 is not an ugly game no players are the same when it comes to the sims4 and also look what would of been added to the sims franchise if maxi had not cancel the game VzT6Cvl.jpg back in 2001
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game

You do know that we can‘t play new packs if we don‘t update the game?

This rebranding is terrible
    a256aFi.gif
  • LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    I'm honestly most upset about the packs, they look so cheap and childish and I'd much rather have the current ones :(
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    Lissmels wrote: »
    I'm honestly most upset about the packs, they look so cheap and childish and I'd much rather have the current ones :(

That‘s my biggest concern! They look really bad and you can‘t distinguish them anymore that easily.
    1qd4sjn.jpg

Not even between game packs and EPs, they‘re all white and blue
    a256aFi.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well i am not affected i have a 64 bit pc so i am a ok in term of pack and expansion
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    just answer this question what will you do if the sims5 ends up like the sims4? if your not happy with the upcoming update its simple just do not update the game the sims4 is not an ugly game no players are the same when it comes to the sims4 and also look what would of been added to the sims franchise if maxi had not cancel the game back in 2001

1. Punctuation is a beautiful thing.

2. If The Sims 5 is anything like TS4 I will not buy it. At this point I think the franchise is a goner, with the direction that Maxis & EA have taken. There will be other games from other companies that will be better and will earn my gaming dollars.