Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1800s Tenant Farmers' New Home--Screenshots

Hey, you guys, I'm slowly populating my 1800s world and just wanted to share some screenshots of my latest family. These are poor tenant farmers on the first day in their new home.

08041bf53bef46a173494aeab53130ac790729c6.png
Sky was the first one in because she had to check everything out and make sure it was safe ;) . BTW, I've always wanted an Irish Wolfhound, and now I have one! (Sort of.)

d35db4d27955e8e8beabbbf73dd95fd2121f0bad.png
I love this shot of mom seeing her home for the first time.

406155e176d4303918e1746d9a0189397d97404f.png
I think they like the place I made for them!

e8b23425bbbf7facfe9a7f2a30dc48ba7c0c160a.png
Taking it all in.

054af3bacc5ff15ddf742d8c1a595c793724161f.png
Dog underfoot. LOL, just like in real life.

4bfdacec9ad5b2be849847ecd9b6fb2e712bd17e.png
Sky gets a nice, warm bed right next to the woodburning stove.

f53dfe8a2d2a867de4aa2d89e97ca861308ff11d.png
The game dumped them into a rainy night at midnight and the house is set way back from the road. Poor little guy was tired as soon as they got there.

6729177308a26e281447c1a5b1cf5faf1f2b7423.png
This is Abner. I found a cc trait for autism, and he has it. I accidentally clicked on it when I was looking at traits to give him, but then I was like, okay let's go with that. I'm curious to see how it plays out as I've never given any of my sims this trait before.

e79648194e6bf382c31a53615505afff39d230cc.png
Dad is a dog lover, and he has a special bond with Sky.

0c99c79195aa2e875aff77bf2745634bbcc7797c.png
His wife is tall and sturdily built--just the way he likes 'em. (I have a height slider mod, and the wife automatically generated as a big woman, so I thought it would be fun to make the husband tiny.)

421b08faf28290cf324893572fb6e905841b9fe3.png
The kids have all gone to bed. Time to make some more kids--they're gonna need more kids to work this big farm.

f23100227e290ab08b8f60e9136ba70804547f22.png
Sky sees the covers moving and thinks there must be something bad under there trying to hurt her people. She barks and the movement stops. Ah, scared it away. She walks out proudly thinking she has saved her family once again.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Where did you get the long cc hair in the pic of the mom and the dog, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited July 2019
    @BlueR0se That’s the daughter in the pic. :) I won’t be at my computer all day (on my phone right now), but I’ll try to find it for you the next time I’m at my actual computer.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I love seeing how you are setting this world up. Really inspires me to want to create more historical saves.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I LOVE this. If I could have historical worlds in game for real, I'd be ecstatic.
    1.Victorian times
    2. Steampunk Fantasy world (not be confused with regular Victorian times)
    3. A Celtic pack
    4. Medieval British Isles
    5. 1920s
    6. 1930s
    Like themed worlds with special interactions of their own.

And the ability to Create A World with certain aspects. Like:
    1. Empty worlds like Newcrest, that go similarly to the worlds we have now.
    2. And then empty vacation worlds, where we set the theme.
    A. We choose what the seasons look like. Whether it's winter-like all the time. Or if they have noticeable cycles. Or are like Sulani, with 4 seasons, but a tropical clime.
    B. We can create resorts. But also have vacation homes for sims to own. And timeshare like resort/apartments. Sims would own them, but rather than having a bunch of land, you have just a floor, or apartment that you own. Like a vacation condo.
    C. You can set the culture of that world like it's a club. You'd take activities and beliefs that are in the sims, choose or randomize them. And then any locals would follow those customs. And that would be something visitors can learn about.
    3. And worlds we get as a blank slate. With a limit of how many plots we can put down. Like 25 plots.
    A. They'd have the same choices as vacation worlds. But you could choose whether they are urban, suburban, country, isolated, or islands.
    B. You could make schools, or let sims go to rabbit holes. Same for all GTW careers.
    C. If we get an education pack, you could make University Worlds. Or simply have a section of the world set as a university town.
    4. Farming worlds could have large plots. Or you could have a semi rabbit hole thing. Like the plot might only look yey big when in manage world, but when you click in, they are basically unlimited. Or have farms count as worlds of their own, in a way.
    5. And have greengrocers. And Community gardens, farms, and greenhouses.

Yup I got carried away. This post inspired me.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    @LSM36 That would be really cool. It would be nice if we could then go to the gallery and download an entire custom world.
  • Options
    Arzekial wrote: »
    @LSM36 That would be really cool. It would be nice if we could then go to the gallery and download an entire custom world.

Yeah. People doing let's plays, or those who just play with stories in mind, could have tailor made worlds that fit their goals. Rather than having lots that are tricked out as cities. But can still only hold 8 sims.

You could make Villages 😯!
    Or hamlets. Towns vs cities.
    Small towns, with the close knit community, that have all the resources of a city. Just in a more relaxed setting. Oh my brain is tingling.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'd make a 70's world. People with bell-bottoms, big hair, weathered brick buildings everywhere. They just need to add a disco ball to the game and I'd be set :D

@QueenofMyshuno - Your 1800's world looks great! :)

• Options
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I'd make a 70's world. People with bell-bottoms, big hair, weathered brick buildings everywhere. They just need to add a disco ball to the game and I'd be set :D

@QueenofMyshuno - Your 1800's world looks great! :)

Groovy.
    And yes @QueenofMyshuno your post is awesome. It literally sent me into a creative tailspin. You're awesomesauce.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno what an interesting story and concept. Can't wait to see more. :)
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Where did you get the long cc hair in the pic of the mom and the dog, if you don't mind me asking?

Okay I think it's this one called Halfup Thick Hair by Birksches: https://birkschessimsblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/halfup-thick-hair/
  • Options
    @LSM36 and @Arzekial -- Thank you! I love your ideas. I would love it if we had the option to just click a button and play different eras. I do have a 70s save, but I found it hard to create an entire cohesive community, although I probably could if I tried more. The Victorian one comes so easily because they already had a strict hierarchy set up, so I just copy that with the different classes. Here are a couple of pics from my 70s save, just for fun...

asad_breakfastmake.png?w=584

asad_breakfast.png?w=584

• Options
    I love seeing how you are setting this world up. Really inspires me to want to create more historical saves.

Thank you! I hope you do and that you share your experiences on the forum because I love to hear about historical saves. Just out of curiosity, what era(s) are you interested in tackling?
  • Options
    what an interesting story and concept. Can't wait to see more. :)

Thank you so much! Everything is so slow-moving because I'm attempting to make the entire community as a whole and from scratch, but I will definitely post more as time goes on and the world grows. :)

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This family looks great. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the stories area :smile: carry on