Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cup Stuck In Wall!!!

jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
I just finished having a Kava Party and one of those little cups somehow got stuck in a wall when I tried to drag it to the sink. I went into build mode and moved items, cabinets, walls and anything else around it but I cannot see the actual cup. I can see if sparkle in live mode. Any ideas how I can get to it?

Comments

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    I had a stinky dish stuck somewhere in the kitchen like that. Couldn't see it in build mode either. Reloading household didn't help, had to reload the game entirely - it appeared in the air.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I've got the floating objects bug too.
    My Sim plucked a lemon that was just hanging in the air and ate it!
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've loaded up files this week and been greeted with dirty dishes floating above my sofa at a 45 degree angle.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I’ve got that too as well as glitching out when sitting down to eat
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited July 2019
    No cups stuck in my walls, but I had this:

etxF2Aw.jpg

Whatever was served on it rotted, so for a little while I didn't realize it wasn't just the dirty potty chair. This shot was taken from outside the bathroom. I failed to take a snapshot of the bowl of popcorn equally lodged into the kitchen counter. But I was able to remove that one by dragging it over to the trash.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    After looking back at it, it seems it may be stuck in the floor and since the house is on water and on stilts, I can’t delete the wall or floor. She hasn’t gotten a dirty room moodlet yet so hopefully it won’t be an issue. Even though it drives me nuts knowing it’s there.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had some floating plates positioned just in front of my toddlers toy box. I thought maybe they got stuck there when I had to reset my toddler.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I haven't had any floating plates, but my Sims tend to put empty plates and cups on top of the new kitchen shelf system from Island Living. And the only way I can see them (I play with walls down most of the time) is the green stink protruding through the floor of the bedroom upstairs. Took me a while before I figured out what was going on the first time.
    While it probably isn't the issue here, but when looking for dirty dishes, be sure to check all possible shelves, including bookshelves.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member

etxF2Aw.jpg

Whatever was served on it rotted, so for a little while I didn't realize it wasn't just the dirty potty chair. This shot was taken from outside the bathroom. I failed to take a snapshot of the bowl of popcorn equally lodged into the kitchen counter. But I was able to remove that one by dragging it over to the trash.

@GalacticGal, kinda looks like a giant toenail lol
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    I just finished having a Kava Party and one of those little cups somehow got stuck in a wall when I tried to drag it to the sink. I went into build mode and moved items, cabinets, walls and anything else around it but I cannot see the actual cup. I can see if sparkle in live mode. Any ideas how I can get to it?

Have you tried changing the foundation to a solid one instead of stilted to see if you can remove floors/walls?

For anyone who can see they're floating dishes, have you tried the set as head cheat? It may be a long shot but you may be able to set it as a sim's head, reset it and then it will be functional again.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I didn't see a bug report on this over at the bug-report forum, but I can't search fully as they're organized (mostly) by pack, & I can't tell if this'd be a base-game or an IL-exp bug, for example. It'd be great if --assuming you don't find an existing report yourselves--one of you experiencing this reports it.

It sounds just a bit like the problems going on with toddlers, though it doesn't sound identical, either.

The SimGurus read the bug-reports; you'll see 'em posting over there sometimes, asking for game files when they can't reproduce something, for example. I'm finding that checking that forum reduces my EA-cynicism. :wink:

eta: wild stab-in-the-dark: did you try clearing your caches & emptying the trash-folder (maybe a shut down/restart to be sure no part of the cache is lingering anywhere! :tongue: )? Personally, I've found I have to clear my caches/trash after every gameplay session, or my game gets bollixed-up. I don't think TS4 is really designed for rotational play or save-file-games that have been in use since 2014/15, so my game easily ...gets sick, basically. :lol:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I got the floating green peas bowl
    1221a2q.png
  • Options
    @amandajoy27 is reporting floating pumpkins in this thread; I'm wondering if you are all experiencing different instances of the same bug.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I had this. Didn't take pictures unfortunately, but it was a plate that somehow got stuck in the upper peak of the roof! Still don't know how it got up there but...there it was.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    So many are reporting floating objects--it'd be great if one of you would fill out a bug-report form over at answers.ea! Then everyone else experiencing this could hit the 'me-too' button, & QA would become aware of the issue, & get an idea for how many people are affected by it so far (& bothered enough to report it!). :cookie::cookie::cookie: < --- shameless attempt at bribery with virtual cookies :lol:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

etxF2Aw.jpg

@GalacticGal, kinda looks like a giant toenail lol

Yeah, it sorta does. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    My Sims should really watch their kids more closely. More specifically, they need to make sure their toddlers don't leave their Wabbit Tablets suspended in the air in front of the neighbours' houses... I've also seen a plate lodged in the fridge door, like someone thought "Nope, I can't be bothered walking over to the dishwasher" and just decided to throw it in from where they were standing (because it doesn't matter if the plate breaks, they can just grab another one out of thin air), but they missed and it got stuck. It's an annoying glitch, but I find it kind of funny. XD
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    Those of you with floating objects: Lolzarella made a bug-report for a floating guitar at the SanMyshuno festival; close enough to your floating objects to post a comment or me-too? :grey_question:
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've had this issue with dishes and toys from the toy chest.

Left them on surfaces or on the floor, came back to the game to have them randomly hanging in the air. So far, they've all been draggable so I was able to put them back into toy chests (toys) or the dishwasher (dishes). (added a reply in the floating guitar bug report mentioned above)