Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really, really silly question re: download and install

Apologies in advance if this seems newbish, but can anyone help with a query?

I'm downloading the Store items on a new computer using a Steam install for the first time, hence am not just transferring the old folder across to the new PC.

My query is this - if I download something into the launcher, should I install it straightaway? I've downloaded most of the Store now (without installing any of it until I find groups of downloads about 200mb in size) but it struck me that maybe certain things should be INSTALLED first, in order for other stuff to be downloaded correctly?

Hope my query makes sense. On downloading one of the Festival replacement lots from SimGurus, the file size on the exchange was larger than what actually got downloaded, and it said this: "Those who download this without having installed Monte Vista will notice some missing content when placing the lot in game. "

So does the downloaded festival lot need to be redownloaded when I eventually install monte Vista? Or will the first download of the lot suffice as long as it's installed after Monte Vista?

It's midnight, I'm tired and not thinking clearly. I understand if I try to install it before the world is installed, it won't show certain items, but will it show up when I've installed the world itself?

Thanks for any help.

Comments