Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

''following'' a category? edit: im just dumb u may remove this thread

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
edited July 2019 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Idk if this has been suggested but I think it would be pretty neat to be able to ''follow'' categories for easier navigation
like have separate page for ''your categories'' where it would only show threads from categories you picked

rather than having to navigate through overall categories or discussions
to find your way into some smaller sub category you always go to

it'd just make it easier really
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    You can "Bookmark" the pages that you want to follow by just clicking on the little star up in the right hand corner where line is for the thread title. Then you can just click on the star on your page up next to where your name is at to check all of your bookmarked threads from there.

Hope this helps... :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2019
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    You can "Bookmark" the pages that you want to follow by just clicking on the little star up in the right hand corner where line is for the thread title. Then you can just click on the star on your page up next to where your name is at to check all of your bookmarked threads from there.

oh yes I have been using that it is just bookmarks get rather crowded as well so itd be even nicer to do it separately for whole categories :smile: and seeing latest threads of only categories you are interested in on some page
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    If you *unfollow* particular forums here, from Categories, you can then use the "Discussion" link at the top to see all at once the posts from all the forums you didn't unfollow.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2019
    If you *unfollow* particular forums here, from Categories, you can then use the "Discussion" link at the top to see all at once the posts from all the forums you didn't unfollow.

oh i just realized im dumb I can absolutely do that :sweat_smile:
    thanks for telling me this idk how long I would have been confused :joy:

There actually is a way to "follow" some of the categories on this site. Say you want to to follow The Sims 4 Discussions but only want to follow the General Discussions and nothing else in "The Sims 4 Discussion".

Take this picture as an example.

If you want to follow everything inside of "The Sims 4 Discussion" which includes The Sims 4 General Discussion, The Sims 4 Console Discussion and The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumors, then just click on the little cog wheel that you see in my picture and click on "Follow". Or if you only want to follow one of those 3, then click into the "Discussion" page and do the same thing as stated earlier in my comment on this post.
    sEWgkTfl.png

And then to see what threads have been commented on from the sections that you have marked as being "Followed, you can click on "Discussion" option at the top of page where you see Categories, Discussion, Activity and Best of... listed at.

This is the "Recent Discussions" page here. It will list all of the recently commented on threads in order by the dates... :) Of course as you can see in picture there may be some Sims 4 threads listed as I only have The Sims 3 stuff on my "Follow" list, Those are just stickied announcements threads as well as Forum Rules and Guidelines thread but everything else afterwards would be threads from whatever sections that you decide to follow... :)
    CLJfvgFl.png

There actually is a way to "follow" some of the categories on this site. Say you want to to follow The Sims 4 Discussions but only want to follow the General Discussions and nothing else in "The Sims 4 Discussion".

If you want to follow everything inside of "The Sims 4 Discussion" which includes The Sims 4 General Discussion, The Sims 4 Console Discussion and The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumors, then just click on the little cog wheel that you see in my picture and click on "Follow". Or if you only want to follow one of those 3, then click into the "Discussion" page and do the same thing as stated earlier in my comment on this post.
    sEWgkTfl.png

And then to see what threads have been commented on from the sections that you have marked as being "Followed, you can click on "Discussion" option at the top of page where you see Categories, Discussion, Activity and Best of... listed at.

This is the "Recent Discussions" page here. It will list all of the recently commented on threads in order by the dates... :) Of course as you can see in picture there may be some Sims 4 threads listed as I only have The Sims 3 stuff on my "Follow" list, Those are just stickied announcements threads as well as Forum Rules and Guidelines thread but everything else afterwards would be threads from whatever sections that you decide to follow... :)
    CLJfvgFl.png

Yup it does :joy: thanks for helping this dumb dumb navigate :joy:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This wasn't t at all dumb I had no idea that you could filter topics. Now I eliminated all the TS3 conversations from my feed because I don't give 2 figs about that game, or TS2 or TS. So thanks of asking @Simmingal !
    Simmingal wrote: »

sEWgkTfl.png

CLJfvgFl.png

Yup it does :joy: thanks for helping this dumb dumb navigate :joy:

No problem... :) And no, you are not dumb. I see that you are new to the site and with that, I tend to help out in anyway that I can when it come to new and even older members of the site... :smiley:
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    That was a great explanation, thanks for sharing it @lisasc360 ! :)
    I won't be removing the thread because that information can be very helpful for anyone with the same question in the future - locking it instead ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top