Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't care about the pack icons nor the new pack box arts. The only thing I mind is the new start menu and also the new loading screen. Though I don't hate it I just don't like it. It gives me 2014 vibes. I simply prefer the current version. It is modern and I like it a lot. I hate changes. I know I will use to it soon. They have already changed the start menu and the loading screen once in the past. I hated it and yet I used to it and now I love it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Why did they make the whole logo dark blue? It looks so out of place
    iDgp3vI.jpg

I didn't notice that. It looks so cheap. That color needs to go right back to 2003 where it belongs! :D:D

Sims 2 got released in 2004 and even that had a prettier logo than this redesign one
    20091010222712%21Sims2_logo.jpg

That looks better than the new one!
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Not to mention the EPs and GPs and SPs logos looking all the same is gonna be a pain in build/ buy mode when we’ll try to look for an item from a speacific pack. I use the colors to help find them when I don’t use filters.

Yep, I do the same thing. I don't know why they couldn't just leave in the EP's specific colours, or at the very least change it to something other than teal. It looks too similar to the GP blue and it's going to be difficult to distinguish between the packs when you're in the catalog.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Honestly I can't get over the new plumbob design, it looks so ugly lmao
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    One more reason not to enter the game...
    4kTG3iX.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    oh no.. that's a really eyestrainy shade of blue. why fix things that aren't broken? :confounded:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Starfree Yeah I don't think it's fair to start blaming the devs - they literally have nothing to do with it. However I can understand if people find it disturbing when they're rebranding the game while it still needs so much work to get it playable. The two things have nothing to do with each other though, but the fact that they're making such a big deal of it, is highlighting the fact that Maxis isn't doing much to make the game what it should be - especially after 5 years. However I understand that the devs are only doing their jobs promoting the rebranding. Not telling people that it's happening, would be worse no doubt.

What I meant by not caring is that I didn't really care what it looked like before, and I won't now. I only care about what the game looks like and the gameplay once I've loaded a lot. The other things I literally couldn't care less about. As long as the buttons make sense, I'm like 'meh whatever'.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited July 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    @Starfree Yeah I don't think it's fair to start blaming the devs - they literally have nothing to do with it. However I can understand if people find it disturbing when they're rebranding the game while it still needs so much work to get it playable. The two things have nothing to do with each other though, but the fact that they're making such a big deal of it, is highlighting the fact that Maxis isn't doing much to make the game what it should be - especially after 5 years. However I understand that the devs are only doing their jobs promoting the rebranding. Not telling people that it's happening, would be worse no doubt.

What I meant by not caring is that I didn't really care what it looked like before, and I won't know. I only care about what the game looks like and the gameplay once I've loaded a lot. The other things I literally couldn't care less about. As long as the buttons make sense, I'm like 'meh whatever'.

I don't blame the devs but I do blame the executive producers who green lit this. Changes have to approved by Maxis, they don't simply say yes to whatever the design company does, blindfolded. In fact they are the ones who tell the company what they want them to do. I'm not trying to hate on anything but this wasn't a job well made, at least in my point of view. I think the design could have been made much better and I think more soul could have been put into it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

What I meant by not caring is that I didn't really care what it looked like before, and I won't know. I only care about what the game looks like and the gameplay once I've loaded a lot. The other things I literally couldn't care less about. As long as the buttons make sense, I'm like 'meh whatever'.

I don't blame the devs but I do blame the executive producers who green lit this. Changes have to approved by Maxis, they don't simply say yes to whatever the design company does, blindfolded. In fact they are the ones who tell the company what they want them to do. I'm not trying to hate on anything but this wasn't a job well made, at least in my point of view. I think the design could have been made much better and I think more soul could have been put into it.
    Yeah I get that, I can completely see they could have done it differently and better. In the other thread someone mentioned the Sims 2 loading screens, and wouldn't it be wonderful if we could see the people we're traveling with when we load lots in Sims 4? It would totally fit with the game too. And the other loading screens when you load into the world before loading a lot, you could just show the world, or the sims of the latest played lot. They could even combine it, so that the loading screen has a representation of the world you're traveling too, and the sims you're traveling with/the sims of the last lot played.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That loading screen is so bland..... why??? Why did they make it worse?

The bue screen lets the new plumbob shine.

And it will make me close my eyes until that horror passes.
    It certainly makes me appreciate how quickly the game loads.
    Perhaps that is the plan.

Maybe I have synesthesia, because that color makes me nauseous, like I ate something my body doesn't like.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    it went from a bland white background, to a bland blue background. The only exciting thing about this is that they decided to use my favorite color...otherwise we really didn't need this update lol
    giphy.gif

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited July 2019
    it went from a bland white background, to a bland blue background. The only exciting thing about this is that they decided to use my favorite color...otherwise we really didn't need this update lol

i fully disagree with the last statement in your post this update is pretty much needed and should of been done a long time a go since the 2014 white background was getting old so i see this change in a good way and if you do not went the new background its simple just disable the game update in origin option its simple as 1 2 3 me i plan on updating to the new background since i like it alot.
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @jujuwah wrote: »
    do they have a reason for this ugliness? or are they just bored and wanted to paint

After 5 years, they want to renew the design as if The Sims 4 was a new game in order to boost the sales. It's a restart.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    tumblr_pul10ue6d51xi5hclo1_1280.pnj
    ^comparason of the one the loading screen they debuted compared to the one I made a mock-up of.

I agree that the loading screen needed an update but I think they should have gone with a darker blue, the neon blue they choose is obnoxious, had they gone with a darker blue I don't think as many people would be mad. There are other parts of this update I really really want such as stories and the 1000+ items, but that loading screen is making my eyes throb I don't much care about the main menu - it's ugly as plum but I don't much care either way if they redid it or not.

My main beef is with that neon blue color. Its hard to look at, hard to read the white text on that blue, had to see the plubob. with a darker blue I think it would have looked more professonal, easier to see the text and easier to make the plumbob pop.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    So...will the actual in-game Sims look like this now? I'm still confused.

If not, this seems like a massive overreaction for just new covers.
    1500x500.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

The big thing is the VERY ugly blue color for the loading screen. The front page? Yeah, not bothered tho I poke fun at it. I mean I spend what? 5 seconds a day on that page? It could be bright purple with orange and puke-green dots dancing and singing "Please please PLEASE play Anthem" over and over and I wouldn't care. Because I immediately press "play" and never see it again.

But yes, the loading screen is another matter. It is... how to put this in a scientific and logical way... Frakkin HIDEOUS.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

The big thing is the VERY ugly blue color for the loading screen. The front page? Yeah, not bothered tho I poke fun at it. I mean I spend what? 5 seconds a day on that page? It could be bright purple with orange and puke-green dots dancing and singing "Please please PLEASE play Anthem" over and over and I wouldn't care. Because I immediately press "play" and never see it again.

But yes, the loading screen is another matter. It is... how to put this in a scientific and logical way... Frakkin HIDEOUS.

People are still overreacting then. But I'm not the least bit surprised.
    1500x500.jpg
    edited July 2019
    I dont see why its a bad thing to complain about the bright as plum loading screen, that you will see so much more of than the main menu. Every time I follow my sim to work, go do club activities, visit the park, dine out, own my own store, go to the beach, go to the spa, do pretty much anything. If we didn't have so many loading screens I had to look at, and contrast of the colors for the loading screen hurts my head and eyes to the point where I had a migraine pretty much all of yesterday.

I don't see why its absurd to want a darker better-looking color scheme for the loading screens. Which though 4 hours of playing sims 4 you will see more then 5 seconds of.

I'd much rather have a darker blue loading screen like the one I made on the right rather than the bright blue they will implement on the left (the one that gives me migraines.)

edited July 2019
    Techbilt wrote: »
    I dont see why its a bad thing to complain about the bright as plum loading screen, that you will see so much more of than the main menu. Every time I follow my sim to work, go do club activities, visit the park, dine out, own my own store, go to the beach, go to the spa, do pretty much anything. If we didn't have so many loading screens I had to look at, and contrast of the colors for the loading screen hurts my head and eyes to the point where I had a migraine pretty much all of yesterday.

I don't see why its absurd to want a darker better-looking color scheme for the loading screens. Which though 4 hours of playing sims 4 you will see more then 5 seconds of.

I'd much rather have a darker blue loading screen like the one I made on the right rather than the bright blue they will implement on the left (the one that gives me migraines.)

The dark blue is much better but I still don't like how cheap it looks. Literally just a solid colored slapped behind a poorly designed plumbob. Seriously that plumbob doesn't match anything in the game, and neither does the blue. There's no other blue UI elements other than in the loading screens, it takes me out of the game. It's as if it's from a completely different game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    So the bright white doesn't give you migraines, but the bright blue does? Blue is darker than white...
    1500x500.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    You know, it might not even be the finished product.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited July 2019
    So the bright white doesn't give you migraines, but the bright blue does? Blue is darker than white...

Nope, I hate the white loading screens, the white needed to change, but I don't think the bright blue is any better. and with the white loading screens, It has just enough gray to make it tolerable with lights on, the neon blue in the loading screen will all the lights on still gives me a migraine.