Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 8 on the way?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2019
    Idk the thing is we already have beach pack and magic pack this year
    would they release 3 sure sell packs a year? it seems bit too much maybe?

makes me feel like university is next year summer/autumn rather for the
    ''schools out but schools in for sims'' or ''back to school in sims too'' sort of promotions

Farming maybe but would they do 2 ''living'' type of packs a year either?

if magic pack ''realm'' means world?
    so many worlds a year too?

because where would we even farm if no world?
    where would uni be if there is no world?

With this deduction I'd say it is probably neither is EP8
    and its something completely unexpected

I'd love to think Romance pack fits right in here too since its more ''things to do'' pack and realistic one
    and ''christmas with bae'' would be great promo idea but also I feel it'd be great for valentines promotions too obviously
    so that too probably not

there is also possibility of hobby pack as well but idk if there is any sort of hints to that tho

like ok I might be wrong and it might be uni or farming but still it seems quite odd timing for those
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Music Expansion pack incoming !
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I'm not surprised, but you never know if 2 expansions a year is a guaranteed thing so it's nice to hear this. :)

I am personally hoping for University. Wouldn't be angry with Farming, although it sounds like people want ranching more than traditional farming! The addition of chickens and the Off-the-Grid lot trait makes it seem like they are working on this type of pack, but I don't think it's a guarantee that it will be out this year.

And just to throw our my personal wish if it's neither of the above two, a hobby pack with tons of new things to do! The one thing about TS4 expansions is that they are not as full as past games so a hobby pack with many new activities would be a valuable addition to the game, imho.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Drago97232 wrote: »

Get Bandy Expansion Pack?

Get Katy Perry Expansion Pack?

Get Stagy Expansion Pack?

Get Showy EP?

Get Famous The Sequel EP?

Get Groovy EP?

Ok I'm stopping now.

I hope it's either Freetime or Farming EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Katy Perry too old school they would pick someone even more disastrous and new and make us all regret playing this game again
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Katy Perry too old school they would pick someone even more disastrous and new and make us all regret playing this game again

Get Miley Cyrus EP? With an exclusive wrecking ball decoration object for who pre-orders within 5 hours of the announcement?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I'm really hoping for farming! :):p
    edited July 2019

Get Miley Cyrus EP? With an exclusive wrecking ball decoration object for who pre-orders within 5 hours of the announcement?

how about ''Get Poppin'' EP where your teen sims can make boy bands and girl bands
    and then when they are on the stage 10 of their pop legend part time job
    they will be able to throw epic performance as group miley cyruses
    all having their respective wrecking balls in different colors of rainbow
    paired with simlish versions of recent popular cheesy songs
  • ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    I hope the university ep... with all the stages of studying life etc.
  • adrieleeadrielee Posts: 10 New Member
    > @ofDD said:
    > I hope the university ep... with all the stages of studying life etc.

Yea it would be cool if the EP was "school" and not necessarily university- that would allow more game play for children and teens as well. Plus they could add teacher or professor as an active career. and make school act as an active career as well. I'm totally there for that. As for Farming- i guess it could be cool, but we need more game play activities and not just lifestyle changes
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Finally University!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Hoping for more of an education ep that includes University to be honest. School needs an update for all ages.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    [...]

I guess now that they're no longer throwing out so many useless stuff packs (the first 12 came within three years, and we've only had two since 2018 - let that sink in for a moment), that leaves more time for bigger packs and worlds. Stay optimistic! :)

Once I get my eagerly awaited witches in autumn, I'll have all the main features I wanted in my game, so I'm not overly concerned about what the next EP may or may not be. The one thing I'm still hoping for is an arctic or snowy mountain type of world, but that doesn't have to be tied to a specific pack (although it would have gone nicely with Seasons). So I'll just wait and see what comes along.
    [...]

I guess now that they're no longer throwing out so many useless stuff packs (the first 12 came within three years, and we've only had two since 2018 - let that sink in for a moment), that leaves more time for bigger packs and worlds. Stay optimistic! :)

Once I get my eagerly awaited witches in autumn, I'll have all the main features I wanted in my game, so I'm not overly concerned about what the next EP may or may not be. The one thing I'm still hoping for is an arctic or snowy mountain type of world, but that doesn't have to be tied to a specific pack (although it would have gone nicely with Seasons). So I'll just wait and see what comes along.

I mean yeah obviously they could do anything really

but rn I feel its more possible EP8 is not world centered
    but more of a gameplay, activities, interactions centered one judging from how it been until now

and probably more on realistic side opposed to occult side
    since it is after RoM

my biggest pack hopes after magic are really romance and hobby packs so maybe im bit biased too
    proper travel pack is 3rd but I am not too sure they'd release that just after IL
    and the theme up to now has been to put it in separate gps so idk
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I would welcome it....as long as it is NOTHING like the shell of a expansion pack *cough* game pack *cough* of IL.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2019
    We always get an EP at the end of the year because hyperconsumerism + holiday period = $$$$$. They would be foolish to change that strategy.

I hope it is University but I have been hoping that for every pack since Seasons. I wont be shocked if it turns out to be something else, I just hope it isn't something as shallow as "Get Famous!".
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    I'm soooo hoping for Uni!! ;)
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    My bet is that it’s neither farming nor university :D

I don't know what I want it to be but I am hoping it's not farming or university..
    I'd rather a real adventure to get my teeth into, I guess.. Maybe a foreign world, that would be nice..
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    It‘s probably University.
    With Farming releasing next year.

I'd say the opposite. Last year Seasons released in Summer. This year Island Living released in Summer. Uni is one of the bigger EP themes so it may release in June of next year.

Yes but Island Paradise while asked for was not a buzz like Sesons was and university is people want it if we don’t get it this year people will possibly be a little annoyed also release it in Nov and now you got the Christmas rush.

edited July 2019
    edit:

There is snowy mountains calendar in IL
    it could be winter vacation pack if this is a hint
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edit:

There is snowy mountains calendar in IL
    it could be winter vacation pack if this is a hint

I'd like a snowy winter vacation pack but as a GP. If it took up an EP slot, and more than that, took time away from something that should be more EP related like University, I'd be annoyed.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Please no more vacations! If the only cold world we're ever getting turns out to be vacation only with no way to change that, I'll freak out, and not in a good way.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    I hope it won't be a GP turned into an EP once again.

This is my real concern, tbh. After IL, I'm very cautious/wary about future EP announcements.
    Please no more vacations! If the only cold world we're ever getting turns out to be vacation only with no way to change that, I'll freak out, and not in a good way.

i mean if its ep its probably more than just vacation though