Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roads and routing queries.

ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Just had a couple of simple queries.

1. Are there routing issues in placing two roads running alongside each other with no gap in between (but not overlapping).

2. Can bridges be effectively used as tunnels, since they have their own routing that overrides other routing data such as non routable terrain. For example instead of digging a river downwards, raise a hill upwards and add decorative tunnel ends from WA? Would sims follow the bridge's routing data and travel through the terrain/obstacles?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Thetford
    I am no expert on routing but I think putting down two roads so close together might upset the routing.

I also believe that having one route going over another can cause problems but I have seen it down with train tracks and roads.

Your best bet is to post this query in the CAW tool section. There are people who use it who are far more likely to know how to get round routing issues when trying to use game objects like tunnel entrances.

Good Luck getting it sorted :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Boy, I wish I'd seen this sooner.

I don't think you'd have a problem with routing screwing if you placed roads next to each other. I have a worlds constructed of highways that only have a hair of space between them, separated by a barrier. The only concern I have is where you're placing these roads and to what purpose. If you have long stretches of these roads out in the middle of nowhere, I can't see an issue. But if they're in the heart of a Downtown area (lots of lots), I can see sims on foot going through ridiculous lengths just to get from A to B.

As for bridges, unfortunately, you can't make tunnels out of them. The best thing you can do is use a "river bridge" from CAS to make as your tunnel. It's not a functional bridge (meaning that sims won't travel over it), but it's the only solution.
    EiFlric.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top