Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s watch: Maxis Monthly - July

Comments

• PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello everyone at maxis! great job!! this rocks!!! can't wait for the new look and content, keep up the great job, love ya all :)<3
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    @jadonbakes The big family picture was a item you unlocked when you downloaded the sims mobile when it first came out
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    You: ...the only thing you can't change now are the aspiration and the traits.
    Me: *chucks computer across the room* HISSSSSSSSSS
    ...in other words, aside from that, the new Story Mode is awesome!

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I do wish they had taken a more considered approach demonstrating the new CAS story mode. I feel like if one genuinely came to it with a persona in mind, one would end up with more coherent Aspiration and Traits.
    The round-robin, off-the-cuff answers led to a grab-bag assortment, without a cohesive theme.
    Still, it demonstrated the feature in general, which I suppose was the point.
    That is a feature for me since it encourages me to try something different. Besides perfect traits can be boring at times. Having a lazy Sim with the bodybuilder aspiration or a squeamish Sim as a Jungle Explorer is more of a challenge. :lol:

• Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    I love the sims and it's great that all of these items are now usable but when are we going to get things like split level stairs, spiral staircases, a deeper family tree that recognizes aunt and uncles, more freelance options, more career options, wider beds (would be nice for my little sims to climb into bed with mummy and daddy when they get scared) and soooo much more that fans have been asking for in the forums for so long? you ask what we would like to see yet it seems like nobody reads the forums and actually take any notice. the game is great but could be soooo much better.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm really not sure about the cas story mode thing - the thought is nice, but I feel they could have done SO much more with it - I don't really like that you HAVE to use the quiz - why just not set up a system where we can set the sims skills, careers etc. in CAS? I always hated those buzzfeed quizzes, so now to set my sims skills and stuff I have to use a freaking sims one? Come on Maxis, give us more OPTIONS, you don't need to dress it like a quiz. Just give us the options in CAS as a middle ground - the functionality is there now, just DO IT. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love that new CAS story thing. It's nice it can even set starting funds / career / etc. Approved :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Love the New world objects!!!!!!
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    So our Sims are still dumb as bricks washing dishes in the bathroom and cheating on partners and we still have three colors and patterns of carpets to pick from...but we get 350 new door colors....ummm....yay?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Oh oops sorry I was just complaining in the old thread how there was again no MM this month.. and there it is.. whoops!
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I love all of the unlocked build/buy items!! FINALLY! Also, I think the story mode CAS option is really cool, and I’m glad it’s optional and we can still handcraft our sims the regular way. I do wish there was a do-over option in the story mode so that you’re not stuck with what you get or having to cancel out of CAS and re-enter to try again. Maybe in the next update...

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Just watched the stream. So pumped! As anyone who's ever entered one of my giveaways knows I love quizzes. :p Can't wait to create some new sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Wisteriia wrote: »
    My question is can I create a sim without the quiz?

Yes you can. Graham said story is optional.

• LoliGilLoliGil Posts: 30 Member
    Nice that your refreshing, new design for the Sims 4 cover looks almost exactly like the cover for Sims 2 consoles. This has to be one of the most disappointing updates you've had.
    I have 99 problems and spiral stairs would solve at least 13
    Origin ID: Emilissa
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    And don't forget they added the island music from Island Living to Alexa.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    The new cas looks like a lot of fun. I am anxious to try it out. All these new objects though, are they not already available in debug?
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love the unlocked items! Wonderful thing for builders!
    And new main menu looks nice too!

I’m sorry, but whats the point in making Sims by quiz? OFC this could be funny, but for a while. It change nothing really. You can close your eyes and choose traits and aspiration by yourself in a matter of fact...
    I’m dissapointed, because I throught that it will be something new (more traits, more traits slots, maybe favorite stuff like in TS3). The Sims as a characters are still the same, they will find the job instanty and get the skills take couple of minutes. :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm so excited to try the new CAS!! And so interested to see what my answers will generate!!! Most awesome :) plus unlocking all the content... wow :o I <3<3<3 the new plumbob
  • JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    When is this update happening?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Jaylf wrote: »
    When is this update happening?

The 16th.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I like the way they added the ability to create a sim like this, sure helps keep from always making the same ones and same things, I wonder with all this new ways if they will eventually add gender preference to CAS ( so that there is not a mod needed to do so)
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    LoliGil wrote: »
    Nice that your refreshing, new design for the Sims 4 cover looks almost exactly like the cover for Sims 2 consoles. This has to be one of the most disappointing updates you've had.

Except on Sims 2 Console design there was a burglar NPC
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    The new designs look cheap (and horrid). The old design looks far more professional. Also, does the "locked in aspirations/traits" mean that people (even if they don't use that randomizer quiz) who design their own sims are stuck with the aspirations/traits that they choose? And what about changing townies (via mods, which are, thankfully, available to us). Are the townie traits locked in as well? How will this modify our gp in full cas mode?

And, people who are excited about the unlocked items- keep in mind that this is only for the packs that you own... So what is unlocked will be far less than the (overhyped) "over 1000 items" that they said. Additionally, you could already access those items already through buydebug (and you can see that some of the objects- watch when he does the big rock and tries to scale it down- which are too big for lots.. so unusable). So that's nothing new (except you don't have to go to testingcheats on and type out 'bb.showhiddenobjects').

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    The quiz is an optional feature when creating a new household @SimChi The traits and stuff are locked only for sims made using that new feature.

I actually agree with the traits not being editable since there is already a trait randomizer for people who want to control that @ListentoToppDogg
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    The new designs look cheap (and horrid). The old design looks far more professional. Also, does the "locked in aspirations/traits" mean that people (even if they don't use that randomizer quiz) who design their own sims are stuck with the aspirations/traits that they choose? And what about changing townies (via mods, which are, thankfully, available to us). Are the townie traits locked in as well? How will this modify our gp in full cas mode?

And, people who are excited about the unlocked items- keep in mind that this is only for the packs that you own... So what is unlocked will be far less than the (overhyped) "over 1000 items" that they said. Additionally, you could already access those items already through buydebug (and you can see that some of the objects- watch when he does the big rock and tries to scale it down- which are too big for lots.. so unusable). So that's nothing new (except you don't have to go to testingcheats on and type out 'bb.showhiddenobjects').

The “new” items @SimChi are only there using buydebug and have not been in there previously. You still have to use the cheat. These are world objects like the fx cars and billboards which you have never had access to. Even new plants and rocks (whether you can size them down or not). The people excited are aware of these facts. I’ve seen many builders very excited about this since it’s a ton of new decor that is for the most part useable and I can see some cool things coming out of some of the objects.