Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Looks jarring to me imo, I think it could be improved upon though.
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    I don’t feel like typing this again so just gonna copy paste what I wrote on another thread. I wrote this BEFORE seeing the loading screen, which I now know is equally terrible. TLDR: this is b a d.

I feel bad but I hate it so much oh my god. The over saturated colors hurt my eyes. Kind of reminds me of how tumblr switched to that saturated blue, but at least that was more subtle.

The current location of everything is perfectly fine imo. I love where the packs are, on the left and not too intrusive. I especially love how the expansions all have their own unique colors, they look so beautiful all together! The new teal just doesn’t have the same allure to it.

This last complaint is more petty if I’m being honest, but why change where the play button is? We’re used to where it is. I just know I’m gonna keep clicking on a link on the left on accident out of habit.

I doubt they’ll include a way to revert this, but I really hope they do. I’m perfectly happy and love our main menu right now.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Honestly in between. It’s not all horrible. The new loading screen is fine. I don’t actually understand why people are complaining about the blue hurting their eyes but the stark bright white of the past didn’t. Like I have real sensitive eyes and I feel like this is a better color choice, but maybe that’s just me. It’s not a bright blue either looked semi pale and toned down in the live stream to me. Maybe I’m seeing something no one else did I don’t know.

The cover art is also eh to me. Could be worse but I’ll miss the old one. I just wish it had more age variety I guess.

Now the main menu. Well in short terms it’s horrible. Why change the pack icons on the main menu but leave them the old style in game? This just doesn't make sense to me. At least change both. The design is a bit all over the place to me. Kind of jumbled looking. I don’t know I just really like the current one it’s simple and minimal. This new one looks like a mess. But I’ll get used to it. I’m not gonna get angry about it’s not something I’ll see much in game anyway.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    OMG changes! I want everything to look like 2014 for the rest of my life!

I welcome new designs, but this looks like it was created by a 12 year old who found the shape tool in photoshop.
    I mean just look at this??!
    aDGi0ky.png

wow that looks terrible. I haven't watched the monthly maxis thing so I didn't vote yet.

Off topic
    Were bug fixes discussed?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Techbilt wrote: »
    D_UBEdDUEAMO7G5?format=jpg&name=large

I don't know if its my monitor or my eyes but when they showed the GP and EP side to side I couldn't tell the difference between the Teal Expansion pack color and the Blue Game Pack color. The only difference I see is the sims4 logo block in the bottom corner (other than obviously the EP/GP under the titles) They said it was supposed to be easier to tell them apart? Was it hard to tell them apart before????

I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between any of the GPs or EPs if I were a new customer. They all look the same.

Also, why are the titles so small on the covers? The titles just blend into the background.

And, If I were just looking at the Sims on the covers themselves, I would have no idea what the packs are even about, because the background color is just too distracting for me to tell what they are doing. There's not enough contrast between the background and the sims themselves.

There are so MANY issues with these covers. Is it April's Fools??

I was thinking about that and it might have been done on purpose. I wonder how many people will be tricked into the the 40 dollar pack vs the 20 dollar pack.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    OMG changes! I want everything to look like 2014 for the rest of my life!

I welcome new designs, but this looks like it was created by a 12 year old who found the shape tool in photoshop.
    I mean just look at this??!
    aDGi0ky.png

wow that looks terrible. I haven't watched the monthly maxis thing so I didn't vote yet.

Off topic
    Were bug fixes discussed?

They never are on maxis monthly but with an update something will always be fixed (and maybe something broken 😆)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Wait...do people actually even look at the starter screen?
    It's also every loading screen in the game, so even if you don't stare at your game launching, you're gonna have to see it.

Do people actually watch the loading screens?
    #Team Occult
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    Rebranding is a good term as they defo seem to be aiming for a different target audience. “Young and hip” comes to mind with the blatant, stereotypical, ALL - millennial type characters now featured on the main box art? It could even pass for a university style box art lol..
    Looks ok, but I feel like I can feel the commercial decisions behind this, as in its not necessarily an organic transition? I dunno, aren’t a lot of the sims players older than collage age btw?

Not sure about the DLC’s though, defo could have come up with better designs lol #sorry 🙈

They should have done design submissions for the new box art style or something, made it a community project? Especially with the anniversary thing coming up, and all their recent efforts at creating a more interactive community.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Am indifferent to it. I get the relaunch though as the game is just now hitting it's stride. Not a big fan of the box art, but it has been years since I bought a PC game retail.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited July 2019
    S4 isn't going anywhere, but it's EA's pattern to acquire then kill game series - they just can't believe people are still buying this plum.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t understand why they are doing rebranding when there are other things they could be doing for the game to patch in. The pack covers look horrible as do the main screen and loading screen
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    There needs to be another choice: Absolutely Hilarious.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I mean, it's only the main menu and the loading screen, so I don't care that much. But honestly, what were they thinking?
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member

the loading screens are worse ;-;
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Not a fan of it at all. Looks terrible.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I don't feel very strongly about the change and it won't affect my decisions about buying more packs one way or the other, but I think the old design was better. They said in the Maxis Monthly video that the new design for the packs "highlights the characters and gives them a chance to pop into the front". To me it's the opposite - the white background highlighted the characters and made them pop into the front. The brightly coloured and patterned backgrounds drown them out.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    It's also every loading screen in the game, so even if you don't stare at your game launching, you're gonna have to see it.

Do people actually watch the loading screens?
    How else would you know when to continue playing?

Can’t vote by the way, because my answer is... complicated. On one hand I don’t care, because I stopped caring about Sims 4 a long time ago and it simply doesn’t affect me. On the other hand I find it highly disturbing because it shows they’re really only still in it for very young future buyers. And that does affect me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm going to skip on the vote. I have mixed feelings.

I will admit... I hate the new colors. But, that's about it all in all. I don't mind the new menu layout, it's fresh and to me isn't that bad. The stories and the new CAS seem to be great. Though, I'm not to sure if I'd use the whole quiz thing all that much. I have a particular picky way at how I make my sims. I just hope we get all the other new CAS features without taking that said quiz for the random traits.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    Does anyone really notice the Renders when you look at the same thing all the time. I have to be honest--I don't. I may look at once and then I don't even notice it. Same thing for the Plumbob--had to stop and look at it to see what was different. Just saying. :D

I just want the Bright Blue Background Gone.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Okay, I'll be completely honest.

The new branding, particularly the DLC repackaging, looks bad. The Sims are overblown on the covers and take up way too much space, the logo is strangely misplaced in the bottom corner, and the title of the pack practically blends with the background. It's like, I don't even know what I'm looking at. The background colors are complete overkill, make the appearance murky despite the excessive use of color, and barely differentiate from other pack types because the colors are all too closely in the same family.

If someone goes to browse the packs in Origin to find something they want, they don't pop, the titles don't give immediate recognition so they all look alike and blend together. It looks almost as if the designer was trying to get people to interpret the packs through the pictures of the Sims instead of just being able to quickly read the title and find what they want. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it's not visually exciting and seems like it will actually take longer to wrap one's mind around the visuals to make a purchase.

The pack branding, in its attempt to be new and different and innovative, has had the same result as the base game Sim personalities when they were changed for the Sims 4 from previous games... Nonsensical, lacking in diversity, and it just doesn't flow right. In an ironic way, I suppose it's an accurate representation.

EA, please stop changing things for the sheer sake of change. Know your purpose.(And your audience.)
    #Team Occult
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't like it but I don't want them to waste resources on reversing it.

I felt this in my spirit
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm not too fussed, but I must admit I prefer the old style, and not just because I hate change (I know I am guilty of this). I've never been a big fan of blue and the new background sort of hurts my eyes. It just feels unnecessary. Why fix something that isn't broken?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Honestly in between. It’s not all horrible. The new loading screen is fine. I don’t actually understand why people are complaining about the blue hurting their eyes but the stark bright white of the past didn’t. Like I have real sensitive eyes and I feel like this is a better color choice, but maybe that’s just me. It’s not a bright blue either looked semi pale and toned down in the live stream to me. Maybe I’m seeing something no one else did I don’t know.

The cover art is also eh to me. Could be worse but I’ll miss the old one. I just wish it had more age variety I guess.

Now the main menu. Well in short terms it’s horrible. Why change the pack icons on the main menu but leave them the old style in game? This just doesn't make sense to me. At least change both. The design is a bit all over the place to me. Kind of jumbled looking. I don’t know I just really like the current one it’s simple and minimal. This new one looks like a mess. But I’ll get used to it. I’m not gonna get angry about it’s not something I’ll see much in game anyway.

My problem with the loading screen is that it's even more bland than the previous one. It's literally a solid blue color with an ugly drawn-on plumbob.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Wow, the background on the new ones look unimpressive as it matches the work done on Sims 4 :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Complete eyesore